Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

May Contest Information
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Contest Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

omg; we are gonna have awesome vids this month; i can tell!!!

someone HAS to do the boys on the island to 'girls just wanna have fun'

HobbitRockGod
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a question: does it have to be funny? Cuz I have a new idea (Claire's POV on PB&J with the song Sorry) but that definitely won't be funny...

art by me&tammy
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone okay if I take the Girls just want to have fun idea? It's the only song that makes any sense on my music collection and I have some cool ideas for it.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HobbitRockGod wrote:
I have a question: does it have to be funny? Cuz I have a new idea (Claire's POV on PB&J with the song Sorry) but that definitely won't be funny...

I'm no CM, but I wasn't under the impression that it had to be funny, the song just had to be specifically for a certain gender, and then you flip it to the opposite gender. You mean the song by Buckcherry? That doesn't specifically mention gender though, right? It's just sang by guys....does that count? If my idea doesn't work out, I may do something like that, so I'm interested in knowing, but I'll probably still try and do something funny just cuz it will amuse me.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SassyLostie2 wrote:
That doesn't specifically mention gender though, right? It's just sang by guys....does that count? If my idea doesn't work out, I may do something like that, so I'm interested in knowing, but I'll probably still try and do something funny just cuz it will amuse me.

Yeah, I was curious about that too. I found a song I like, but it doesn't mention anything about gender. It's sung by a guy though. Does that count??

banner by: everythingwasfallingapart on tumblr
ToxicTrashAlarm
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooooh I really wanna enter this.
I have an idea, just not sure if it'll be too funny.

Avatar by Jourdan and banner by Deia! =D
HobbitRockGod
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SassyLostie2 wrote:
HobbitRockGod wrote:

I'm no CM, but I wasn't under the impression that it had to be funny, the song just had to be specifically for a certain gender, and then you flip it to the opposite gender. You mean the song by Buckcherry? That doesn't specifically mention gender though, right? It's just sang by guys....does that count? If my idea doesn't work out, I may do something like that, so I'm interested in knowing, but I'll probably still try and do something funny just cuz it will amuse me.

Yeah, that's true that it doesn't mention gender. I'm gonna try and think of something else for the contest, but I might make the Claire/Sorry vid later just cuz I like the idea.

art by me&tammy
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HobbitRockGod wrote:

Nope, it doesn't specifically have to be funny. However...

SassyLostie2 wrote:
That doesn't specifically mention gender though, right? It's just sang by guys....does that count?

Lostwithoutdom wrote:
Yeah, I was curious about that too. I found a song I like, but it doesn't mention anything about gender. It's sung by a guy though. Does that count??

From the Specific Contest Rules in the first post...

Quote:
Try to pick a song with a definite gender mentioned in the lyrics. We're looking for more than just a generic song sung by a man and applied to a female character or the other way around.

Since we're really wanting to see the gender being "flipped," you'll definitely want to pick a song that has some sort of gender mentioned in the lyrics.

I think we're going to get some really awesome entries for this one! I can hardly wait to see 'em! ♥!
SassyLostie2
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a suggestion for anyone who needs one. How about make a vid about the guys of the island to "I Feel Pretty"? That's pretty much a girls song, and I'm sure it mentions gender somewhere in there. Anyway, it's obviously not about guys in any way, so it should work.
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha; that'd make a good vid Im pretty sure there's a long "I pity any girl who isn't me today" or somethin like that

Captain Freya
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoa.. What an incredibley random contest subject!! I love it. Random's my middle name. (As well as 'dark' and 'twisted' )
I'm gonna have to don my thinking hat for this. I think my thinking hat looks rather fetching.. Anyhoo, I was thinking of using Cherry Lips by Garbage just cause the lyrics are so incredibley 'girl-based' but I'm not sure at the mo..
Ooohh. Question - You know how some songs are like, split so the chorus's are about a girl and the verse's are about a boy (or something like that)? Well, is it ok to flip those bits instead of a whole song? (That made more sense in my head)

Jinlovessunxx
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Freya! Awesome choice, you should do it! Garbage is my fav. band That song would be fun to use for one of the guys.

I'm not gonna enter this contest, but I really can't wait to see the entries!

littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Captain Freya wrote:
Whoa.. What an incredibley random contest subject!! I love it. Random's my middle name. (As well as 'dark' and 'twisted' )
I'm gonna have to don my thinking hat for this. I think my thinking hat looks rather fetching.. Anyhoo, I was thinking of using Cherry Lips by Garbage just cause the lyrics are so incredibley 'girl-based' but I'm not sure at the mo..
Ooohh. Question - You know how some songs are like, split so the chorus's are about a girl and the verse's are about a boy (or something like that)? Well, is it ok to flip those bits instead of a whole song? (That made more sense in my head)

Hoping I understand you here Freya had a chat with the others and if you mean just flipping the chorus and not the whole song then no; we want the whole song flipped. But if you are flipping both figures in the song (male flipped to female, female flipped to male) and make sure the male figure in the song is a woman and the female figure in the song is a man then its ok. sos if I dont make sense

Captain Freya
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah that's what I meant. I didn't make it very clear, but yeah - the chorus's are about a "hysterical boy" and the verses are about a girl with "cherry lips and golden curls". Thanks for clearing that up - this contest seems to confuse me like, alot for some reason.
I kinda decided that song was too hard to use and not nearly AU enough so I think I'm gonna use either 'He Said He Loved Me' (Kate leaves Jack with the baby) or 'Beautiful Liar' with Kate two-timing Jack and Sawyer...
I really can't decide... I might make both and see which one I like better and enter that one for the contest. I dunno though - that seems like alot of effort...
Anyhoo, I'm really liking the idea for this contest now. Everyone's ideas sounds uber cool. I think all the entries are gonna be ace.

Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In girls just want to have fun it mentions mothers and fathers.. do I have to flip them too? I mean the mother one might work but having a girl as a father doesn't really make a lot of sense.. plus I already had a cool father in mind :/ So what's the deal with that?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Contest Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7

Jump to: