Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

4x10 - Something Nice Back Home Episode Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
wolffootball37
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEET episode!!!

1. I swear the skaters will be raving mad about this episode! what i think is though that
Spoiler:

kate is seeing Cassidy and Clementine for sawyer

2. Im going to have to put up that "the Christian Shepard show" banner again!!! that was just tight!
3. loved Hurley in this! he was soo creepy.
4. Claire's gone! she probably went into the depths of the island to have tea with the smoke monster and papa Shepard!
5.JACK KNOWS HES RELATED TO AARON!!!
Next week looks tight too.
HobbitRockGod
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty good eppy!

-Dead!Charlie is made of awesomeamazingwin!! I love that he's hanging out with Hurley and is looking out for Aaron,...trying to get him away from his FAKE PARENTS....
-I hope Aaron heard what Jack said at the end. He needs to know.
-Why the heck are they still calling Aaron "the baby'? He is like 3! He has a name!
-I feel bad for Juliet. She really loves Jack.
-I just can't stand Jack and Kate. (Sorry for the Kate-hate, Nikki, but she drives me NUTS!!!)
-Dan is back on my good list. He was awesome in this eppy.
-Hooray for canon Charladay!
-What up with Jin? He really wants to save his wife!! Poor guy...
-Sawyer is sooo treating Claire like his little sister, it's adorable. "Don't think about it, don't look at her, you've got a retraining order..." D'awww.
-Jack is so dumb. Why did he want to be conscious for his operation.
-Kate and Jack are losers who need to get over themselves. It's kind of pathetic.
-OMG Christian kidnapped Claire and is taking her to Jacob's cabin so she can hang out with him and Charlie!
-Yes, I believe that Jacob is good, and Charlie and Christian are working with him. So yayz.
-Wonder how Charlotte learned to speak Korean?
-Sun, Sun, Sun...she needs to start trusting them. The only reason she doesn't is because Kate told her Charlotte knocked her out. At least, that's how it seems to me.
-Hurley is not crazy. He's awesome.

Anywayz, good eppy, I really wanna see next week's tho! It looks worlds better than this week's - hope I'm not disappointed!

art by me&tammy
MPJ
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a super diehard Jate fangirl, LOL. But what I really LOVED in this episode:

- Crazy Nuts! Hurley
- Charlie echoing Richard Malkin. Creepy, and rewarding at the same time.
- CHARLADAY IS CANNON! HOORAY!!
- Dan is adorable and chivalrous. Never accuse him of evil again.
- Christian Shephard is made of awesome, but I think we already knew that.
- Jin threatening Dan to get to Charlotte. Amazing, I didn't think Charlotte actually cared about him, but I see that they both seem to care for each other.
- Miles was fantastic in this episode. So was Lapidus.
- Kate's definitely trying to find Clementine for Sawyer. Stupid drugged up Jack!!
- How can a ghost pick up a baby??? I love this show.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I enjoyed the island scenes. I'm starting to like Miles. He does remind me of Sawyer.
Jack's such a control freak and insane for wanting to be conscious while his appendix is being taken out
Most of the jate flashforward scenes were cringeworthy. I agree with you Deia. I really dislike jate so maybe I'm biased, but it all just seemed really forced to me too. I felt like I was watching a soap opera at parts
Kate has no personality now. I actually liked her back in s1 and during some of s2, but now she's just 'there' and hardly ever does anything but converse/flirt with Jack or Sawyer.
I'm actually kind of glad Claire vanished into the jungle with Christian. Maybe this means she doesn't get killed.
I'm ticked Danielle is really dead and we'll probably never get a flashback for her unless they begin doing flashbacks for ghosts.
It's nice to know Charlie's hanging out with Hurley and watching over Aaron.
Charlies_Innocence
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome, I'm glad I'm not the only one excited about Charladay. I wish Charlotte would settle down tho. I want to like her, but I don't. Yet.

Yeah, I'm really pissed that Danielle is really dead. It would suck to be Miles, and hear that kind of stuff. It's like in the Sixth Sense.

icon by becca
nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG...okay I think this episode just officially converted me to a Jater...I have been leaning towards Jate all season but this episode pushed me over the edge. But who knows..I may go back to liking Skate more if we'd get some new scenes of them together!!.....I just enjoyed all that Jate fluff in the beginning way too much! But I knew it was to good to be true....so I'm confused...what is she doing for Sawyer if he is still on the island? I mean she made it sound like she was having contact with him...but how?
Oh and I love Juliet...she's so awesome to tell Kate that Jack really loves her! Poor Juliet

Oh one more thing ..I found it really funny how they disguised Kate's voice in the shower...that so wasn't her voice!!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
khaleesi
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nikkimonique wrote:
Oh one more thing ..I found it really funny how they disguised Kate's voice in the shower...that so wasn't her voice!!

Seriously!! I was like "Dude, that was so Elizabeth Mitchell's voice...tricksy Lost sound people."

This is a rant that I just wrote and posted on Myspace...I didn't feel like re writing another, hahah

LOLOL so many Jears!! but all in all a pretty weird/awesome/awkward/spazztastic episode.

jate makes me gag a little bit. mostly when sawyer is around to mope, but EVEN MORE MOSTLY the jack part of jate.

lmao!! kate sounded so manly when she was in the shower and they were trying to be mysterious about who she was.

but i knew it was her already because he stepped on the toy and i was like THERE IS BABY IN JACK'S HOUSE?!? xD

OH YES, SOMETHING BIG (that's what she said...) : JACK'S CHEST FUR MAGICALLY DISAPPEARED. it was like "bai guysss!!" and we were left with jack-o's naked torso. to tell the truth he was kinda pasty lookin', IMHO.

LOLLERSKATES, when jack picked the panties up off the floor my mom went "those aren't jack's pink undies are they?" and ally goes, "i dunno, probably."

OMFG DEAD PPL!! christian shephard = the root of all evil. i hate that ghost/man. what a jerk, stealing babiez and whatnot.

SAWYER+CLAIRE SITTING IN A TREEEEE. yeesh, i love them *giggless* and BWAHAH charlotte and dan are the most adorablest <3 and i love that she can speak korean. it makes her about 20% more cool.

oh jack... srsly, the guy just makes me shake my head. he like...cries...over smoke detectors. lololol xP and he also yells at kate and makes her cry a lot. which don't get me wrong, i think kate is dumb, but jack is DUMBEST

P.S. DOES JACK KNOW HE'S AARON'S UNCLE??

oh yeah, i also think that jules has got balls for saying what she did to kate.

i mean, it sent me into a fit of giggles coz i thought she was just gloating, like "JACK KISSED ME! IN YOUR FACE!" but then she had a good intention behind it, as strange as that sounds xD

BABY AARON IS SO EFFING CUTE. hahah i love how future!aaron was like uber blonde, as opposed to jack and kate and their extreme brunette-ness.

WHAT WAS KATE DOING FOR SAWYER!?!?!?! I WANT TO KNOW SO BAD IT HURTS. though i kind of have a theory that she was talking to cassidy and clementine.
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay I can deal with the Jate having the perfect relationship together until Jack effs it up.. but when Juliet told Kate that the kiss meant he was trying to prove to himself he didn't love anyone else that was rubbing Jacket in the mud right there ugh.

Nothing much happened as I thought. The scenes between Hurley and Christian were too short. Just a total excuse to throw us a Jate ep. The morsel at the end was interesting though I wonder what she's doing for Sawyer.

Oh and I forgot to mention Danielle is confirmed frickin dead Another reason I was mad at this ep lol :/
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok you all know firstly why I hated this episode
But then I was thinking now I kinda know how Jaters feel when they have the skate scenes, but then Jack went and messed it all up.

I'm going with the whole what Kate is doing for Sawyer has something to do with Cassidy and Clem.

I loved the way Charlie was kinda of there with the messages. Jack's gotta know something

Yeah I knew it was Kate's house at the beginning the first thing that got to me was the stairs I was like their familiar and then the toy and I was like OMFG that's Kate's house.

I know yeah Jack has no chest hair in this episode I was hoping to see the bush lmao. But at the beginning I thought he looked kinda hot

I love Christain Shephard and continue to love him, It'll be interesting to see what happens to Claire now.

I'm glad they answered the whole mystery to whether Karl and Danielle were dead aswell.

I loved the Conmama scenes so cute, and the restraining order Sawyer put on Miles lmao. I also loved the line where Sawyer said it was too early for Chinese made me laugh.

I love Juliet aswell, I think she realises now that Jack is in love with Kate and he's using her as a barrier to Kate so like he said can try and prove he isn't in love with someone else. But now I feel sad and I want to take my banner off because that was kinda like a Jacket break-up.

It made me laugh when Juliet told Kate though about him kissing her, and Kate's face looked like it had been slapped.

Also before I go to bed 2 episode in a row!!!! XDXD 'Jack and his famous crying! ' MANGSHENG!!!! Haven't used that word in ages
Borislava
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a Jater i must say that i really really liked the epi!!!
As Deia said "all our dreams came true"...it was sweet and touching!But i must say that i didn't like your comment Deia...i know you're skater but i can say that i really enjoy same skate scenes and i'm saying it everytime there's nice one but seeing those two were "in heaven" asa Hurley said and call it "disgusting" is something that i didn't like...ok it doesn't matter...i LOVED the epi!!!!
These two are meant to be together coz i never saw jack or kate happier in their past relationships...am i right?When i watched those happy jate scenes in the future i felt like jack and kate had finally become a "whole"
After visiting Hurley and getting Charlie’s message, seeing his father in the hospital made him completely lose it,he was so scared ...all those fears that he was trying to cover has surfaced…The fight between Jack and Kate wasn't about his trust issues but a mixture of everything going on around Jack i think...
THe proposal was sooo amazing!!!And so emotional

But the best thing of this episode is that itgave me hope for the future… we know that jate cant be easy! And it wont be… but i know that they will find a way back to eachother!!!!I'm absolutly sure!!!!

Overall i just love that episode and i'm off to finish my new vid!!!
Just between you and I
For blue, blue skies
I’ll forgive you
Joon
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the Days of our Lives... (sorry, I was watching Friends yesterday evening and the FF reminded me a lot of a really bad soap opera. I was waiting for Doctor Drake Ramoray to show up in Jack’s hospital ). LMAO. I think I'm gonna spare you the rant and just say that Jack is an abusive controlling jerk and I think Kate finally did realize that at the end. Jate is a joke and I hope the writers had their fun with them now and we all can move on. It’s funny that they get together off the island were everything just feels wrong.

I feel bad for Juliet though, but after this episode I think she's better off on her own. LMAO at Jack wanting to direct is own surgery... he's such a freak.

So Claire is having visions? Interesting. Yay for Christian! I love Johny Terry and he’s definitely the more interesting Shephard so I’m happy that he seems to play a huge part in the mythology.

The Sawyer/Miles/Claire scenes were my favourite part of the episode but I also really liked how Dan did stand up to Charlotte. And that they finally included Sun and Jin a little bit more.

I’m guessing Kate was looking for Clementine, too. But I really really don’t like this domestic version of her. The whole FF was very similar to the FB in I Do when she was playing Monica. Kate used to be such a kick-ass strong girl at the beginning of the show and now there’s hardly anything left of that. I already said this after Eggtown, but I don’t like how they handled her transformation from a wanted fugitive to this perfect little housewife. Oh well, I’m guessing she will go through a major trauma when they get back to the island and she has to give Aaron back to Claire (I desperately hope that they won’t kill her off).

So yeah, definitely not one of my favourite episodes. I hope next week’s is better.

Icon by ack attack
nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I love Juliet aswell, I think she realises now that Jack is in love with Kate and he's using her as a barrier to Kate so like he said can try and prove he isn't in love with someone else. But now I feel sad and I want to take my banner off because that was kinda like a Jacket break-up.

What you said about Jacket is how I feel about Skate right now. I feel like Kate was using Sawyer to prove she wasn't in love with Jack. Not that she doesn't love Sawyer.I think she does. Just not as deeply.

Quote:
’m guessing Kate was looking for Clementine, too. But I really really don’t like this domestic version of her. The whole FF was very similar to the FB in I Do when she was playing Monica. Kate used to be such a kick-ass strong girl at the beginning of the show and now there’s hardly anything left of that. I already said this after Eggtown, but I don’t like how they handled her transformation from a wanted fugitive to this perfect little housewife. Oh well, I’m guessing she will go through a major trauma when they get back to the island and she has to give Aaron back to Claire (I desperately hope that they won’t kill her off).

So I'm going to quote Sassy...she said this in the Spam thread and I think its soo true.

Quote:
What people don't understand about her, is that she's not the tough, hardened, bad-boy-loving criminal we see...that's not Kate. You know who Kate is? She's the girl who wanted to run away and have ten kids with Tom, the girl who sewed her own curtains in her apartment, and who married Kevin. She's the girl who desperately wants a family, a home, but because she's a criminal, she could never have that. She changed because she's a criminal, but all she really wants (and has always wanted, I think) is to be a wife and a mommy. You could soo tell that before this episode, but after, there should be no doubt in your minds. That's all she's ever wanted. Which is why Jack works for her so well...sometimes. I'm not a Jater AT ALL, but I can be non-biased and this is what I'm seeing.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
rbexter93
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm so glad about the Jate in the episode...but then again I'm not.
I think I prefer the angstyness of their relationship though thats not to say I didn't find the whole thing insanely cute.
But I did find the break up as one of my favourite scenes. Jack's right! At least he is related to him!!!!!
Worst was probably the engagement scene, it seemed way too un-natural.

Also I second whoever called the whole "the baby" thing. Aaron isn't really a baby anymore...
Grr it was Sawyer who broke them up again! Can he not just be happy wherever he is stuck and leave Jate alone xD

I was laughing so loud when Juliet said about the kiss..especially at the end when she was like "I know you're awake." xD

But I also made me sad when they wanted to drug him and Kate started crying That was possibly one of my favourite scenes in the ep also.

Conmamma wins!! I love how Sawyer's looking after claire and "The baby" xD.

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well well....
It's weird. Right now I feel disappointed. Yeah that's right it's disappointment, because, Jate had to be extraordinary and the writers just .......blew it all away.
The eppy was like a dream. I mean I was sure duriing the whole eppi that it was Jack's dream or something, (something to mix up with our mind, like they did in Ji YEon... to make us think it's the future and that in the end we understand it was only in Jack's head) and it wasn't it!
Because let's be honest, the best part missing (except for the proposal it was so emotional!!!! love it) the first kiss, and the reunion, all that is missing and it's just isn't fair...Because what we like in relationship between those 2 it's the angsty romance....Now it was just like kind of normal...Even for a big jater like me it didn't feel right!!
Weird to say it!
And I'm disappointed because, exactly like Deia said, we (jater) got everything we wished for 3 seasons in one episode!!!!
I hoped so much that the big spectacular extraordinary kiss would be Jate, now I doubt it!!!

The 2 things I like in this episode, is the Jate fight in the end....The " I'm the one who saved you!! I'm the one who came back!!!!" and talking about Aaron "he's not yours!!!!!" I love the end!!!I understand why now he took pills and started to drink!!! But I hope like you all said, that Kate was trying to get in touch with cassidy (though I don't really know how she could know that Cassidy was Sawyer's ex girlfirend, and the mother of his child!! But I prefer thinking tha way, otherwise she would still have feeling for Sawyer and the triangle would still be a triangle, and I can't stand it !!!!

And the second part with the conmama relationship, it really begins to get interested!!! yeah the whole protective guy over the poor widow mum...It's sweet! I like them this way....

But I have 2 questions though:

BUT WHAT THE HELL IS CHRISTIAN DOING WITH AARON AND WHY NOW????????????
and
WHAT ABOUT CHARLIES'MESSAGE: You're not supposed to raise him?

I'm weird right now. Disappointed...
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joon wrote:
Welcome to the Days of our Lives... (sorry, I was watching Friends yesterday evening and the FF reminded me a lot of a really bad soap opera. I was waiting for Doctor Drake Ramoray to show up in Jack’s hospital ). LMAO. I think I'm gonna spare you the rant and just say that Jack is an abusive controlling jerk and I think Kate finally did realize that at the end. Jate is a joke and I hope the writers had their fun with them now and we all can move on. It’s funny that they get together off the island were everything just feels wrong.

I feel bad for Juliet though, but after this episode I think she's better off on her own. LMAO at Jack wanting to direct is own surgery... he's such a freak.

So Claire is having visions? Interesting. Yay for Christian! I love Johny Terry and he’s definitely the more interesting Shephard so I’m happy that he seems to play a huge part in the mythology.

The Sawyer/Miles/Claire scenes were my favourite part of the episode but I also really liked how Dan did stand up to Charlotte. And that they finally included Sun and Jin a little bit more.

I’m guessing Kate was looking for Clementine, too. But I really really don’t like this domestic version of her. The whole FF was very similar to the FB in I Do when she was playing Monica. Kate used to be such a kick-ass strong girl at the beginning of the show and now there’s hardly anything left of that. I already said this after Eggtown, but I don’t like how they handled her transformation from a wanted fugitive to this perfect little housewife. Oh well, I’m guessing she will go through a major trauma when they get back to the island and she has to give Aaron back to Claire (I desperately hope that they won’t kill her off).

So yeah, definitely not one of my favourite episodes. I hope next week’s is better.

WORD. I TOTALLY AGREE.

Sorry Borislava if I offended you somewhow. as you understand i'm not happy with this episode i was expecting jate not in this way, because everything looks so unreal and forced. Kate is not a domestic woman and will never be.
What i think about this episode is that TPTB wanted to give jaters all that they dream but it was all so fast and random.

The lack of build up, I mean, is obvious which one is the end game.
Skate has the wait for everything: the kiss, the first love making, the issues...all after 2 season of build up.

Jate didn't have the antecipation of their first time. There was no expectative. Not for the love making, neither for the kisses. It was just thrown in the episode, like they wanted to get rid of it. It was just....casual. Random. Gratuituous. There was no development until the first time they made love. None of this was shown. This kills, IMO, the interest in the ship. Kills the suspence. I mean....a marriage proposal? Where did it came from? Is all from out of nowhere. Pointless. And you know what: doesn't matter. And Kate, so grateful for the fact that the hero lives with her....

It was all so damn fake and wrong. A terrible waste of time.
Jack in that last scene scared me. the man is drunk, yelling to kate, what kind of relationship is that?
The last scene in the flashforward is the nail in the Jate coffin.
is amazing that sawyer is not there, but continues to be a HUGE problem for them.
when Jack asked her about why she didn't mention her promise to Sawyer She said she was keeping as a secret because Sawyer would want to. She was not trying to spare Jack from the news, she was simply being loyal to her Sawyer. Even after all that time her major concern was about not disappointing Sawyer.

eta: woow July, glad to see a jater agreeing with me. all my criticism about this episode is not just because i'm skater i was trying to be parcial here, if these things had happened with skate I would be very disappointed too.

find me on tumblr: http://m--tyrell.tumblr.com/

Last edited by Deia on Fri May 02, 2008 2:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 2 of 10

Jump to: