Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Bed of Roses" by Alien Angie

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LVI Bot

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 10:48 am    Post subject: "Bed of Roses" by Alien Angie Reply with quote

"Bed of Roses" 01-27-2006
Jack is crazy for Kate...head over heels in love with Kate...but how can he tell her?
Song: Bed of Roses by Bon Jovi
Vidder: Alien Angie
Length: 6:50 (15.3mb WMV)

Link: http://rapidshare.de/files/11969469/Bed_of_roses.wmv.html

alienangie
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I know some of the clips are a little long, but Im still learning here - I think in time I'll improve and resubmit this vid...it was a real labour of love for me - I love the song and think it fit perfectly...but JMO

Still struggling with the beats and WMM a bit, but getting better (I think) lol

This is only my 3rd vid now, so tell me what you think...dont sugar coat it, I want to know how I can improve!

Angie
xxxxx
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well if you're wondering why your vid got judged so quickly is that vids put on rapidshare and megaupload are automatically disqualified from the chance to get a CP. Check out the hosting guide by the wonderful Warren for alternative websites to host your videos: http://lostvideo.net/hosting_guide.php

A lot of the scenes were too long like you said. Don't have too many talking scenes it takes the attention of the viewer away.

One thing I try and do is try to do something different than I see in other vids. That earns you a lot of brownie points. Choice of song- do the lyrics fit them perfect or could they be used on other couples?
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Angie!

I enjoyed your vid! That's always been one of my favorite Bon Jovi songs. Even so, I'd forgotten how long it is! Most people don't have the patience for a song over 5 minutes, much less those that are almost to 7. (Though I seriously commend you for managing to vid something that long! ) Anyway, I'd advise to cut a song that long down to something in the 3 - 4 minute range.

What's cool is that you can do that with plain old WMM, if that's what you happen to have. You can cut the audio in the same way that you cut a video clip. You just pick a spot to make the cut, then trim the ends until you've removed some of the audio, then it's just a matter of trying to find a good place where the two pieces can hook back together. If it makes a "hiccup" sort of sound, you can even fade one piece into the other (zoom in as close as you can and pull the second clip back the smallest amount that you can and that way you won't get a "two songs playing at once" effect).

Anyway, that's what I do when I get a song that's too long for me to handle. What's cool is that, if you start with the song first (no video on the timeline yet), make all the cuts you need and get it all in pretty good shape, then if you go to Save Movie As, it'll save the song for you in WMA format. Then you can use THAT version to make your vid with (that will help keep WMM from freezing on you because of having to manage all the cuts in the original song. The less effects and cuts, the better for WMM's health and sanity! ).

The only other thing is, as you said yourself, some of the clips ran a little long. But that's something that just comes with practice, so no big problem there!

You did a good job matching things to the lyrics, like Jack taking a drink right on the "bottle of vodka" line and things like that, which is something that definitely adds to the "cool factor," IMO. Especially when you can get the characters the vid is about to do the right motions (as opposed to having random people run through the vid, just because they were doing whatever the line happened to say -- which is what I did in MY first vid! ).

And again, I did enjoy the vid! Good job!

Sorry I'm so wordy, BTW...

~Aislynn
alienangie
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
Well if you're wondering why your vid got judged so quickly is that vids put on rapidshare and megaupload are automatically disqualified from the chance to get a CP. Check out the hosting guide by the wonderful Warren for alternative websites to host your videos: http://lostvideo.net/hosting_guide.php

A lot of the scenes were too long like you said. Don't have too many talking scenes it takes the attention of the viewer away.

One thing I try and do is try to do something different than I see in other vids. That earns you a lot of brownie points. Choice of song- do the lyrics fit them perfect or could they be used on other couples?

Ahhhh...thought that was why. I knew there was a thread telling you which sites get disqualified but I couldnt find it! I did try to upload on putfile, but for some reason my PC kept crashing every time I tried...

This is one vid I like, I know there are things that need improving, andI wastching it yesterday thinking "I should have cut, and faded there, and broke that scene into two etc etc..."

Thanks PB

Angie
xxxxx
alienangie
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aislynn wrote:
Hey Angie!

I enjoyed your vid! That's always been one of my favorite Bon Jovi songs. Even so, I'd forgotten how long it is! Most people don't have the patience for a song over 5 minutes, much less those that are almost to 7. (Though I seriously commend you for managing to vid something that long! ) Anyway, I'd advise to cut a song that long down to something in the 3 - 4 minute range.

What's cool is that you can do that with plain old WMM, if that's what you happen to have. You can cut the audio in the same way that you cut a video clip. You just pick a spot to make the cut, then trim the ends until you've removed some of the audio, then it's just a matter of trying to find a good place where the two pieces can hook back together. If it makes a "hiccup" sort of sound, you can even fade one piece into the other (zoom in as close as you can and pull the second clip back the smallest amount that you can and that way you won't get a "two songs playing at once" effect).

Anyway, that's what I do when I get a song that's too long for me to handle. What's cool is that, if you start with the song first (no video on the timeline yet), make all the cuts you need and get it all in pretty good shape, then if you go to Save Movie As, it'll save the song for you in WMA format. Then you can use THAT version to make your vid with (that will help keep WMM from freezing on you because of having to manage all the cuts in the original song. The less effects and cuts, the better for WMM's health and sanity! ).

The only other thing is, as you said yourself, some of the clips ran a little long. But that's something that just comes with practice, so no big problem there!

You did a good job matching things to the lyrics, like Jack taking a drink right on the "bottle of vodka" line and things like that, which is something that definitely adds to the "cool factor," IMO. Especially when you can get the characters the vid is about to do the right motions (as opposed to having random people run through the vid, just because they were doing whatever the line happened to say -- which is what I did in MY first vid! ).

And again, I did enjoy the vid! Good job!

Sorry I'm so wordy, BTW...

~Aislynn

Thanks Aislynn...I dont care how wory you are...IMO you have some of the best videos on the site, so any advise/info/input from you is greatly appreciated! lol.

I didnt know you could cut the song in WMM, I'll try that next time

As for the bottle of vodka line - one of the times Ive managed to get the beat just right! My fave line is "Some blonde gave me nightmares, I think that shes still in my bed..." and the cut to Sarah...Im not a great Sarah fan...especially watching a download of "The Hunting Party" ARRRGGGGHHHHH!!! lol

Thanks Again...like I mentioned before, at some point (probably when I can afforf a proper video things...) I'll resubmit this vid. I enjoyed making it and think that it was a good song for Jack. Im working on a Sawyer vid next, so taking a break from my JATE obsession

Angie
xxxxx
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alienangie wrote:
Thanks Aislynn...I dont care how wory you are...IMO you have some of the best videos on the site, so any advise/info/input from you is greatly appreciated! lol.

Awwww, thanks! *blush*

alienangie wrote:
Im working on a Sawyer vid next

Woot! Sawyer vid! Can't wait to see it!
alienangie
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Putfile link, by popular request...(well, by 4 seperate people anyway )

http://media.putfile.com/Bed-of-Roses-24

Angie
xxxxx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Videos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: