Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2x14 - "One of Them" Episode Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Enchirito
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeh, i just re-watched that scene!

When the clock runs out, you can hear something that sounds like huge turbines starting up as the 'KILL' hieroglyphics flip down.... Locke pauses for a sec, but then quickly types 42 - EXECUTE and the clock resets and you hear the turbines shutting down.

Also, when the door closes on The Other, i swear you can see a small twitch in his face that says... yeh buddy, thats right, i'm an other and i didn't tell you nothing!! mwahahaha.

Yes, i REALLY liked this episode.
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool, my house is noisy, so I totally did not hear the turbines. You rock, Enchirito. Thanx for being my ears
Rocksiren
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL Ais and F4L, you guys are so funny! I just got a weird image in my head of the Roxbury guys going like "do you mean me or him? Him or you? Ehhh its fine"...

I dont remember when he stopped Jack from harassing Eko- which one was that? When I agree with him Ill say I agree- there have been times in the past when I did. Im just wondering why some of the Locke-lovers NEVER seem to disagree with him...

Also, has anyone else been contemplating the whole "SHHH" thing with weird "other" activity? Like Locke did the "shhh" thing with Jack in 1.10, and "Walt" did it to Shannon...what the hell?

"You are just an encyclopedia of weirdness." ~ Supernatural
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aislynn and Fan4Lost: Actually, I was merely refering to what has now become the norm of the shipper people! Not you two! Skate/Sawyer is in the majority now, isn't it? I would assume so anyway based on the overall Sawyer swooning.

Quote:

I dont remember when he stopped Jack from harassing Eko- which one was that? When I agree with him Ill say I agree- there have been times in the past when I did. Im just wondering why some of the Locke-lovers NEVER seem to disagree with him...

I believe that's 108, but I might be wrong. Anyway, it's Collision when Jack wants to head out after Ana Lucia, and Eko tells him not to go, Jack explodes at him, and Locke says somethign along the lines of "This man isn't the problem, he brought Sawyer back." to which Jack replies "Half-dead with a bullet-hole in his shoulder John!".
You might have agreed with him then though don't remember.
Eh, I find I don't always agree with Locke, but even when I don't I agree with him from his point of view (e.g. In Fire and Water, from Charlie's POV I think Locke did take it too far, but if I was Locke, I'd do the same thing.
Kinda the same thing with any of the characters, if you like them enough, you're willing to take yourself out of the situation and look from their point of view, even if you didn't like their overall decision. I would probably like Ana Lucia more if I was willing to look at things from her point of view, but instead I prefer not to funner to hate .

Quote:

Also, has anyone else been contemplating the whole "SHHH" thing with weird "other" activity? Like Locke did the "shhh" thing with Jack in 1.10, and "Walt" did it to Shannon...what the hell?

Interesting Did that fit in this episode, or did it just come to you?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
harpreetd

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Towards the end of the episode when the timer reset in the hatch, part of me was hoping it would reach Zero and stop.... BwAhAhahahah!

Ok Ok calm down now... harp.

How bout you guys??! Don't you wanna see what happens too?
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

How bout you guys??! Don't you wanna see what happens too?

I thinkthat's a given for anyone here
What I'd like to see is Locke intentionally let it run down that far just to get another look at the symbols, and Sayid to figure out what turbines are starting. THEN he can press execute and restart it again (though I would like to see what happens when nobody presses it at all)

To cheer up anyone who thought it was just an experiment to see how long the person would press the button: it could still be true! Even if the place does explode if they aren't pressed, it doesn't mean the whole purpose is still to see how long the poor souls would push it for. They just have... more of an incentive that way
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
lostzilla
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Also, when the door closes on The Other, i swear you can see a small twitch in his face that says... yeh buddy, thats right, i'm an other and i didn't tell you nothing!! mwahahaha

Yeah I saw that too. LOL
Cool ep.

http://www.dontalmostgive.org
Rocksiren
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL Hobbes, you got me, I think I agreed with Locke that time also...good memory...

lostlover

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 5:23 am    Post subject: Great Episode Reply with quote

I now believe Naveen should win an emmy. The episode was great, the story, "I am a Torturer" was great. Also you are right when the captive was put on the ground he just had the look, I am an OTHER. Of course the writers might change the story to fool us. This is the Lost that I miss.
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 6:01 am    Post subject: Re: Great Episode Reply with quote

lostlover wrote:
I now believe Naveen should win an emmy. The episode was great, the story, "I am a Torturer" was great. Also you are right when the captive was put on the ground he just had the look, I am an OTHER. Of course the writers might change the story to fool us. This is the Lost that I miss.

I totally agree now. He was nothing special to me before, but this really got me. Though someone else deserves to get a nomination next year.... good ol' Terry
Fan4Lost
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Terry O'quinn so deserves an emmy! I was watching an old ep of Star Trek the Next Gen, and all of a sudden...there was Locke. My brother and I started laughing and saying maybe that's how Locke got paralyzed. He was travelling to one the federation colonies and his shuttle was suddenly snatched into a wormhole by Q and sent to Earth (in the past) where it crashed and left him paralyzed for four years.

That's the big secret with Locke...he's from the future and he used to be Riker's commanding officer on a starship. LOL. Ah, how the mind can wander.

J/K guys. Terry O'quinn rocks, he's my fave character when it comes to mysteriousness. Can't wait to see what really did paraylize him. AND, if I were Locke and Jack the cry baby told me to shut up, I would have told him to shut up too! Sorry Jack lovers, but I can't take Jack anymore.

GO LOCKE, and Sawyer!

harpreetd

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eh? Hehe.. for me it's the other way around. I used to really like Locke, until recently. (Some of his actions and behavior recently has confused me)

Locke is merely acting as a pawn for everyone right now.. He's following orders blindly, for whatever reason it may be...

On the other hand Jack is displaying "backbone". He is fighting back with some of the things that are happening and from his point of view you can see that "shut up" was well timed. He must've been holding it in for some time now.... And it is more or less, well deserved for Locke who has been acting rather not himself lately.

Yes, I am a Jack fan but I am also a Locke fan as well.. And in a way im disappointed in Locke right now. Locke really needs to get it together, and find some strength.. because he really doesn't have any right about now.
Enchirito
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hobbes wrote:
To cheer up anyone who thought it was just an experiment to see how long the person would press the button: it could still be true! Even if the place does explode if they aren't pressed, it doesn't mean the whole purpose is still to see how long the poor souls would push it for. They just have... more of an incentive that way

...or the hieroglyphics and turbines could be a last ditch scare tactic that ensures that if anyone got too curious and waited till 00:00, they would be convinced at the last moment that something was about to happen. But it could be that the turbines just spin for a minute and then... ding! Marvin Candel jumps out of a secret compartment and proclaims "You have passed The Test!" hehhe
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enchirito wrote:
But it could be that the turbines just spin for a minute and then... ding! Marvin Candel jumps out of a secret compartment and proclaims "You have passed The Test!" hehhe

I'm convinced that when the timer runs down, the hieroglyphics all spin into place, and the turbines start up good and strong...we will get a message, spoken or written. And it will say:

"Sorry, you are having much dead."

sig by niki blue
Rocksiren
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh I thought one of those practical joke guns would pop out a little flag and voice accompaniment saying "SUCKERS!" and a bellowing Vincent Price-esque laugh.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: