Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Why? (Spambot warning! Warren please!)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Artistic Vidding Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
k4x
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 12:37 am    Post subject: Why? (Spambot warning! Warren please!) Reply with quote

i just want to know why they are so quick to jump to not give some of my vids a council pick. like my new vid "One" its the most recent vid and judging has already stopped. if u look at the others that were earlier, they are still judging. i dont want to sound whiny or anything, i just want know why judging takes such little amounts of time for my vids.

banner and av by et546 of Lost-Forum.
^^but I added the really tiny writing.
lostcalier
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's nothing against you personally. Length of voting on any video is determined by a lot of things. Every video has to have 3 yes votes or 3 no votes to get picked as a council pick or not. Lately we've been behind in our voting so lately we've been getting back on track to getting our voting done faster especially by adding another council member. If a number of council members have been online and voting in a day a number of videos can be watched, voted on, and decided on in a short amount of time. Every video entered is given a fair chance at a council pick. How fast it is passed or not does not matter in anything because it would have to go through the same process of any video.

If you have any more questions please feel free to ask. If you are extremely concerned about this issue I will look further into the matter for you.

LVI Revolutionizing Fan Video Making!
www.lostvideo.net
k4x
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok i completely understand that. the only remaining concern i have now is that i thought that the chances of "One" getting a council pick were pretty good (i think its really good, lol)!!!! now i'm bummed out

its okay! thanks!

lostcalier
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

k4x wrote:
now i'm bummed out

Don't be bummed. Some great vidders have even had videos not get council picks. Just keep vidding and keep submitting and I promise you will start getting those council picks you are working for.

If you have any more questions please feel free to ask.

LVI Revolutionizing Fan Video Making!
www.lostvideo.net
k4x
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, its okay though, i got some others up my sleeves.......*very secretive and sly smile*

tmk1224
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by tmk1224 on Mon Jan 09, 2006 3:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure if you're accusing the council of being unfair with the distribution CPs, or remarking on the sad situation regarding the lack of recognition to the videos which aren't as well-known, but if it's the later, I have to agree it's a shame that the vids that don't get the CPs aren't recognised by the piublic more, since they do have a lot of hard work put into them. Us judges would do it if we had more time, but even themn I doubt we'd have anythign original to comment on for each video when we watch all these vids
If the sting of rejection is really too hard to bear anymore, and you want some possible tips from us on how to improve your next video, then I recommend starting a topic in this Self Help forum, with a link to your video's topic. Experienced vidders and judges alike would then attempt to explain why it didn't get a CP, and what; you can do to improve. harsh way to do it, I'm afrad, as all rejection is, but hey, at least then you'll know that either a) you did have some things you needed improving that you could fix in the future, or b) that what we're saying makes a good video is completely against your idea of a good video, and you will have no more sadness knowing that we rejected you

But anyway, let me say what I say to everyone, or at least said when rejection meant a video wasn't even included on LVI back when we were hosting the vids: Never give up, and enjoy your work, even if nobody else seems to appreciate it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
tmk1224
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by tmk1224 on Mon Jan 09, 2006 3:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, thanks for theat. Sorry if I sounded like i was accusing you. There are a number of videos that don't quite make it, I'll admit. But each video needs three of the five council votes in order to pass, so some of those possibly got a couple votes, but not the majority. It happens a l;ot surprisingly.
Sorry if I sounded harsh, I was a little worried that either you were either distressed or a little ticked off with LVI, so I wanted to rectify the situation.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
tmk1224
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by tmk1224 on Mon Jan 09, 2006 3:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

damn, now I don't want to go to college there goes my goal to learn everything in the world.... hmmm..... maybe if they invent some way to plug a computer into your brain.... "I'm currently downloading wikipedia. Thank you."
No hard feelings then None intended in the first place.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Artistic Vidding Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: