Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"El Tango Sherlock" by starrylizard (Sherlock)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms O – Z
View previous topic :: View next topic  
starrylizard
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 9:37 pm    Post subject: "El Tango Sherlock" by starrylizard (Sherlock) Reply with quote

***Automated Message***
"El Tango Sherlock" 05-18-2012
Let Sherlock take you on a black & white tango experience.
Fandom: Sherlock
Song: Santa Maria (Del Buen Ayre) by Gotan Project
Vidder: starrylizard
Length: 3:37 (75.9mb WMV)

Link(s): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aL4LIUZMv1Y
http://www.mediafire.com/?frpx22y0e7pvx08
http://www.fandomland.com/videos/sherlock-holmes/el-tango-sherlock

(Edit: Warning for clips up to the end of S2. )

Last edited by starrylizard on Sat May 19, 2012 3:30 am; edited 2 times in total
thefilmchick
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, we haven't met -- I'm Kate; I hang around here every so often, though it's been a while. But you vidded a show I like, so there you go. (Oh, and you may want to pop a spoiler warning up as it hasn't run through in the US quite yet -- it will have by this Sunday.)

I liked this. You've got a good eye for striking shots, and Sherlock's definitely got a ton of those.

Specifically spoilery comment:
Spoiler:

The Irene Adler footage jumped out at me (in a good way) because there's enough back-and-forth tango element in the scenes themselves, and Irene's vampy styling lends itself well to the music as well.

The limited sound (for instance, with the taxicab from "A Study in Pink") worked well.

I'm not a beat-use Nazi, and have only gotten the hang of it very recently myself, but an Argentine tango has such strong beats they should be all hit. When they were, the footage really worked (the symbols in midair as Sherlock's thinking; Molly's turning on the beat) -- but consistency would make it a bit stronger, too, if you wanted.

Nice to meet you!

Last edited by thefilmchick on Sat May 19, 2012 3:30 am; edited 1 time in total
starrylizard
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Kate, nice to meet you. I'm pretty new around here. Thanks for the welcome.

I do find it amusing that spoiler warnings always revolve around the US, even when it's a British show. We get spoiled for American shows all the time, because I'm regularly told that a week after something airs in the US it is fair game and we just shouldn't look. But I'll see what I can do. I certainly hate to be spoiled myself. There wasn't a specific spot on the form for spoilers and I actually didn't know it hadn't aired in the US yet. Where do people usually put the spoiler warnings on the form? Do you put it in the box for bad language warnings etc.? Seems like the most likely spot, but I haven't thought about it before.

Thanks for your comments. The striking visuals of the show are what got me making this vid. For me, this one was more about those visuals than the beat-use, but I can see your point completely. I could and probably should have tightened up some of the scene changes a bit more.

Thanks again for the welcome. Nice to meet you.
thefilmchick
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as spoiler warnings -- there isn't a box for them, so they can go in the description too: I put mine in there, anyway. And, yeah, of course the second season has been around through *cough* alternative methods of viewing for a while, as far as Americans like me are concerned, so it's admittedly a gray area.

We've seen "A Scandal in Belgravia" and "The Hounds of Baskerville" here, but not "The Reichenbach Fall", which airs this weekend. So technically the footage on which I spoiler-commented is fair game too; it's a gut-instinct thing in this case, I guess!

So many good shots. You and I picked a couple of identical ones in our videos, but not too many, which is, I think, a compliment to the show's cinematography -- so much to choose from!

Pleased to meet you too!

Last edited by thefilmchick on Sat May 19, 2012 4:54 am; edited 1 time in total
starrylizard
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 4:45 am    Post subject: El Tango Sherlock by starrylizard Reply with quote

Okay, thanks for the advice, Kate. I'll pop the latest episode clipped into the summary from now on and then I can't go wrong... hopefully.
namaste nikki
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 6:03 am    Post subject: El Tango Sherlock by starrylizard Reply with quote

I dont know this fandom, but I really like this video. You have a very artistic way about you! I love that! very well done. The beat use I loved and I like that... Great Job!! ~Nikki~
starrylizard
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Nikki!
Im1oftheOceanic6
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 5:09 am    Post subject: El Tango Sherlock by starrylizard Reply with quote

Wow! Very artistic and unique! I really like this vid. I especially liked the part around 1:46. Your editing was really good.Fantastic vid!
starrylizard
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much Im1oftheOceanic6. I'm glad you enjoyed it.
Uruviel
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 6:29 am    Post subject: El Tango Sherlock by starrylizard Reply with quote

That was a cool & unique vid!
starrylizard
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much, Uruviel!
eloramoon
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:55 am    Post subject: El Tango Sherlock by starrylizard Reply with quote

That was cool! Great job!
ciaimpala
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:26 pm    Post subject: El Tango Sherlock by starrylizard Reply with quote

This was such a creative and artistic look at Sherlock-I really enjoyed this!
starrylizard
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Eloramoon and Ciaimpala. I'm glad you both enjoyed it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms O – Z All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: