Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Avengers (Marvel, 2012)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:41 am    Post subject: The Avengers (Marvel, 2012) Reply with quote

I'm a HUGE Marvel movie fangirl so I'm ridonkulously excited to see so many of my favorite superheroes (that would be Thor, Hawkeye, Iron Man, Black Widow, Captain America, the Hulk, Agent Coulson and Nick Fury for anybody keeping score along with Loki on Team Villain ) in one movie! Plus it looks like it's going to have awesome action scenes and great character interaction, so I'm totally in love already, lol!

Anybody else planning on seeing this one? ♥!
HobbitRockGod
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not gonna lie, I'm kinda excited to see this because it looks AWESOME. The unfortunate thing is I haven't seen most of the other Marvel movies these guys appear in....so I feel like I should watch them first. I've seen Iron Man, but that's basically it. I've never been a HUGE Marvel fan but the Avengers looks really, really good. Besides, directed by Joss Whedon....how can it be bad??

art by me&tammy
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thor is really good and the villian in Avengers was from that movie so you should probably watch Thor

I'm still bummed they recast the Hulk and Captain America was already in the Fantastic Four, but it should be a really fun movie.

I really want to see The Cabin In the Woods.. heard it's really cool. Josh Whedon is on a roll.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:59 pm    Post subject: Re: The Avengers (Marvel, 2012) Reply with quote

Aislynn wrote:
I'm a HUGE Marvel movie fangirl so I'm ridonkulously excited to see so many of my favorite superheroes (that would be Thor, Hawkeye, Iron Man, Black Widow, Captain America, the Hulk, Agent Coulson and Nick Fury for anybody keeping score along with Loki on Team Villain ) in one movie! Plus it looks like it's going to have awesome action scenes and great character interaction, so I'm totally in love already, lol!

Anybody else planning on seeing this one? ♥!

Yes, and it helps that the movies before were AWESOME.

Plus I think Joss Whedon will do a great job with action and witty comedy.
Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HobbitRockGod wrote:
Not gonna lie, I'm kinda excited to see this because it looks AWESOME. The unfortunate thing is I haven't seen most of the other Marvel movies these guys appear in....so I feel like I should watch them first. I've seen Iron Man, but that's basically it. I've never been a HUGE Marvel fan but the Avengers looks really, really good. Besides, directed by Joss Whedon....how can it be bad??

I watch superhero movies...but don't like some of them. IE Wasn't a fan of either of the Hulk movies; The only X-Men movie I liked was X-men First Class; and hated the Spierman triology.

But Iron Man, Thor, Captain America, were all great movies.

And Plus Joss Whedon; and it's got a great cast of actors.
HobbitRockGod
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, the cast is so great! I've only seen the first Iron Man, but I really want to see Thor and Captain America too.... One of my friends is WAY into Marvel stuff so I might go see The Avengers with her soon.

I'm dying to see Cabin in the Woods as well, Paul - planning on seeing it this weekend, actually!

art by me&tammy
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay, I'm so glad that some of y'all are interested in seeing it, too! \o/

Eryn, I agree, if you do want to check out at least one of the other Marvel movies, I think Thor is a good one to go with just because that's where the Avengers villain (Loki) will be coming from. Captain America is another good one to add in that may or may not play into the Avengers more heavily than the others, but I'm not sure. I think if you basically know the premise of The Incredible Hulk, you'll be fine. (Though again, I could be totally wrong and some major Avengers plot element comes directly out of that particular movie, but so far I haven't heard as such, so I'm assuming not. )

According to IMDB, this is the chronological order of the movies, in case you're curious:

1. Captain America
2. Iron Man
3. Iron Man 2
4. Thor
5. The Incredible Hulk

Though Iron Man 2, Thor and The Incredible Hulk are believed to run slightly concurrent with each other because there are subtle references to events in each other in all 3 of them. [/geeks out liek woah ]

Cabin In The Woods is going to totally freak me out whenever I see it but you KNOW I'm going to watch it anyway because of Chris Hemsworth!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: