Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Chaos Walking (books & movies)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:17 pm    Post subject: Chaos Walking (books & movies) Reply with quote

Soooo, has anyone else read (or is reading) the Chaos Walking trilogy by Patrick Ness as well?
I've read it a few months ago and - although I really loved & enjoyed the Hunger Games - this trilogy is my happy place in the YA novel universe (next to Harry Potter).

Lions Gate - who are also responsible for the Hunger Games movies - also bought the rights for this series, but I'm really worried about it. If you've read the books, you'll know what I mean. There are some things about these books that will be very difficult to show in a convincing way on the big screen.

Anyway though, if you liked Harry Potter or the Hunger Games, I highly recommend reading Chaos Walking as well. It's REALLY good!

Here's a good, brief summary:

Quote:
Chased by a madman preacher and possibly the rest of his townsfolk as well, young Todd Hewitt flees his settlement where war with the natives has killed all the women and infected the men with a germ that broadcasts their thoughts aloud for all to hear. This cacophanous thought-cloud is known as Noise and is rendered with startling effectiveness on the page. The first of many secrets is revealed when Todd discovers an unsettling hole in the Noise, and quickly realizes that he lives in a much different world than the one he thought he did. Some of the central conceits of the drama can be hard to swallow, but the pure inventiveness and excitement of the telling more than make up for it. Narrated in a sort of pidgin English with crack dramatic and comic timing by Todd and featuring one of the finest talking-dog characters anywhere, this troubling, unforgettable opener to the Chaos Walking trilogy is a penetrating look at the ways in which we reveal ourselves to one another, and what it takes to be a man in a society gone horribly wrong.

Last edited by KajaM on Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still really want to read this!
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That does sound really cool. I'll add it to my list.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: