Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Paint It Black" by Aislynn
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay updated review:

For me the song was perfect for the tailies rough times out in on the other side of the island. The beat use was stunning and the fading out thing worked great especially when Ana killed Goodwin. The watercolour I think they probably call it dry brush or something but anyways I hate technical terms. That was awesome.

Like Nate said the credits popped up on the Bernard bit I think. This doesn't bother me too much. I guess it would have been out of the question to zoom in else Bernard's face would have ended up taking over the whole shot
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooh, can't wait to download this one, Aislynn! I'll comment again once I've watched it!

Geekdom abounds.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Hollywood
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow Aislynn, that video rocked! I wasn't a huge fan of your song choice but I still loved it. I've been waiting for someone to make a good tailies video and you did it A, You ROCK!!!
Awesome job on it too btw.
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

woa, outstanding video!!!!

Banner by me
Avatar from http://www.oh-blake.com

AI survey - What’s been your toughest obstacle in life?

Blake - The obstacles of life.
mierelier

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 8:00 pm    Post subject: music Reply with quote

i like that song is it Vanessa Carlton?
harpreetd

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have much to say but: this was a remarkable video.
Paint it black is a great song that I liked before this video but you made me see it from a different perspective. Nice job.
Ringwench
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was a really kickass vid, Aislynn! Loved the good attention to the beats (because, as you know, I'm a beat whore when it comes to vids ).

The fading to black parts and the ending with the dry brush was really cool and added a kind of ominous feeling to it.

Really excellent job!

Geekdom abounds.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So...many...people...

Wow! Thank you all so much for stopping by to review! I'll try to keep it brief so that I won't write one of my famous 3 page-long posts!

Hobbes: Thank you SO much for the amazingly detailed review! Yes, you did see the chicken-chasing scene cut into a few of the fight scenes! I liked how it broke up the action with an overhead view! And, of course, I was a little tempted to end the vid with Goodwin holding up the chicken like, "Ta-dah! It's time to open a Kentucky Fried Chicken franchise here on the Island!" But, alas, I resisted. Thanks again!

MovieGuy: Hey, a shout-out for "Episode 25?" Woo-hoo! Thanks!

lostzilla: Uh, hon? How exactly am I supposed to avoid having those credits show up like that? They're in the footage. Short of just not using any scenes that have those credits in them, I don't know how to get around that... Remember, WMM is very limited on what it can do. I can't crop clips or anything like that... Other than that, yes, my horrible taste in music goes on! I despair of ever stumbling upon a song you'll like, lol! Thanks!

Hobbes (again ): Thank you EVER so much for those extra links! *huge hug of gratitude*

marcus: Thank you! And you got it, that IS the threshold effect. Only we WMM people probably know that, huh? Glad you were able to see this one!

Polarbear: Aw, thanks for coming back, Pauly! Hope you're all rested now! You know, I actually DID try easing in on Bernard's face in that ill-fated clip with the credit on it. Not because of trying to get rid of it (I don't even see those anymore, which is why it always strikes me as a surprise when they upset anybody - I forget they're even there! ) but that was just my first attempt at matching the beat. Bernard's face did fill the screen (but I don't think it was able to pull in enough to cover the credit, though I can't be sure... ) and I kinda liked the "claustrophobic" feel it gave the moment. But, in the end, I chopped in the rapidly increasing fades instead.

Ringwench: Thank you! I know what you mean about the beats -- it's one of my favorite things to see in a vid and I love it when they work out in my own! So glad you liked it! Thanks again!

Hollywood: Thanks, Holly! I had two versions of this song to pick from and I ended up going with this one mainly because it was more "viddable." It has all of those beats but also some nice pauses and other little "bells and whistles." But I knew at the same time that I was making another "teeny-bopper" choice in music and had to decide whether or not to stick with it or just chuck the vid altogether. Don't know if y'all would've liked the other version better or not (it was still the same song, of course... ). Guess I just have to figure it was a "command decision" on my part and know that a lot of people won't agree with it. Thanks again!

domaholic17: Thanks!

mierelier: *hug* Thank you!!! And yep, that's Vanessa Carlton.

harpreetd: And thank you, too! Yay, a few people liked the music!

Thank you all again for taking time to review! Feedback of any sort is always much appreciated! It always helps to know what did and what didn't work for y'all.

~Aislynn
lostzilla
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL yeah auntie you have a bad taste in music. LOL Kidding!
nontheless I'm a fan of your vids. Just aviod credits next time ok? lol

http://www.dontalmostgive.org
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still not telling me HOW to avoid the credits, Nate! Other than not using clips with credits in them (and sometimes that has exactly the thing you need), then what's left to do?

~Aislynn, Queen Of Poor Musical Taste And Not Ashamed Of It
lostzilla
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well can you pan/crop with WMM? or..you can always zoom in...or aviod using the credit clips. Anyway I'm just a freak LOL credits rank high on my pet peeves list.

lostzilla
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
~Aislynn, Queen Of Poor Musical Taste And Not Ashamed Of It

Go auntie!!
LOL don't mind me Auntie. I'm just a sounthern boy who's really homesick right now.

PsychoCynic
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely a vid like no other about the Tailies. Very interesting concept and appropriately morbid. Great work!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lostzilla wrote:
Well can you pan/crop with WMM? or..you can always zoom in...or aviod using the credit clips. Anyway I'm just a freak LOL credits rank high on my pet peeves list.

Does that little thing that pops up in the top left corner after the ad break annoy you too?

And no, you can't pan or crop with WMM.

It's official - Aislynn is 36. Add a 0 to the end of that and you've got a full circle.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
MovieGuy
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You mean the rating??

it's not annoying. you should see the one on full screen airings. and the ones on other networks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Videos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: