Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2.09 - "What Kate Did" Episode Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Actually, my choice of shipper name for them would be "The Undead."

LMAO too perfect.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remember Hurley in the tv? Weeeeell...
http://www.cubit.net/lost/investigations.php
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

omg I loved this episode for the skateness Anyone else think Jack was pissed after the kiss cause it was a sucky kiss and he knows Kate and Sawyer love each other

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That episode was great. Well mainly the last 15 minutes was the BANG. But overall, I loved the scenes inside the Hatch with Ecko, Locke, and Michael= Soo interesting.

SORRY LOCKE FANS! But i think ECKO has stepped into the arena with the title of "MOST INTERESTING PERSON ON LOST" LOCKE is now kind of boring, no offense. Lately he's like the "undead." Anyways i thought he was more interesting in the 1st Season than 2nd.

Anyways i know its gonna result in Jack/Ana, and Sawyer/Kate.
Oh well, it fits doesnt it?

The last scene in the episode with Michael and the computer was the all time best. Probably the only thing that made me anticipating the next episode.(Other than the preview of next weeks episode: Ecko is soo cool!)
Rocksiren
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow Hobbes is harsh! Retard? That was mean and unecessary.

I dont think Eko/Locke are necessarily forming a friendship as they are evaluating each other. I think Eko doesnt trust him...you can see it in his eyes.

And you cant tell me NO ONE else on this forum has ever had feelings for two different people at the same time.

Shes drawn to Jack because hes "good", noble all that fun. But Sawyer is sexy, charming, animal magnetism.

He was pissed because she ran away. I dont think hes gay because he kissed her back! And she didnt "choose" Sawyer, she just admitted she had feelings thats all.

Presumptuous people here.

"You are just an encyclopedia of weirdness." ~ Supernatural
Cliodna
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just because I only read the first few posts and then got tired of it, I thought I'd answer some of the first questions, the way that I saw it.

First of all, the horse. The reason they kept coming back to that was because it was supposed to represent Wayne, Kate's biological father. They did the same thing in Sawyer's episode, when that boar was harrassing him in his tent and all. I'm not sure whether the boar was supposed to represent the real Sawyer, and by letting it live he kind of let go of his resentment towards that man, or the shrimp guy and Sawyer forgiving himself.

Second, the Jate kiss. People sound kind of angry that she kissed Jack while seeming to be head over heels for Sawyer. But I think that ties in to why she killed Wayne in the first place. Kate loves Sawyer, but she doesn't want to because he reminds her of herself, and of Wayne. She wants to love Jack because she thinks that he is a better person than she is, and probably believes that it would in turn making her a better person.

Third, the missing segment of film. Because they revealed that right before Walt's seeming communication with his dad, I think it either means that it wasn't really the kid and something bad is going to happen, or that it really is Walt and will help Michael find him. I'm more in favor of the second one. I really want them to let the clock run out and just see what happens.

Cliodna
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hobbes wrote:

Locke and Eku are TOALLY Enkidu and Gilgamesh. Has anyone read that stor from the clues in the crossword? Total fit. I wonder if there's anyone else in the world who was thinking of that reference and laughed at the irony that both Micheal AND Eko seemed to be taking the place of Enkidu, since they both came from the "wild", they each fit the bill.. Like I said, probably nobody else in the world that laughed at that [/color]

OMG. We just read that in our AP English class, and my teacher won't let it go. He keeps whining about how he wanted them to come back to the Enkidu reference in the crossword and everything. Which killed it for me, since now I just want him to shut up.

Rocksiren
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ANyone else crack up at seeing Eko's face when they finished the video? Like "so you just keep pushing it?"- I thought -"How DUMB are you?".

MoreLight
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rocksiren wrote:
ANyone else crack up at seeing Eko's face when they finished the video? Like "so you just keep pushing it?"- I thought -"How DUMB are you?".

LoL!

I was thinking Mr. Eko was going to get up quietly, take his stick and smash the projector then walk out of the bunker.

Overall I liked the episode even though the missing filmstrip clip was (as mentioned earlier...) a big anticlimactic letdown.

My lost music vids
MovieGuy
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the missing footage sucked. It must have some sort of importance soon.

Anyone notice how badly the lighting changed when it came to the new bits?
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

I was thinking Mr. Eko was going to get up quietly, take his stick and smash the projector then walk out of the bunker.

I totally expected either Locke or Eko to do that. I haven't decided who yet But I thought one of them would break it and say "We can't let the others know that there may be a way off this island, when it's as dangerous as he says." Coul;d be Locke, could be Eko, since Locke doesn't want off the island, and Eko doesn't want any horrible "incidents"... probably.

I still think they're on the same side. :No way Eko is threatened by Locke though, and Locke definitely sees that Eko is an invaluable partner, but one too smart to be manipulated liek the others. So I think he's going to be honest with Eko.

Quote:

Anyone notice how badly the lighting changed when it came to the new bits?

Yeah, Sledgeweb had a shout out to that. The guy's tie is a little different too, so it was probably a re-shot scene. Yet another clue that perhaps the writers haven't thought too far ahead to have filmed that shot during the first take
lostlover

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 7:36 am    Post subject: Kate is complete trash. Reply with quote

She just murdered someone who did nothing wrong. She had the choice to leave whenever she wanted. Her mom had the choice to leave whenever she wanted. Instead her mom married the moron. The guy never even molested her. Sounds like cold-blooded 1st degree murder to me along with felony insurance fraud. Supporting Kate is like supportting OJ or Jeffrey Dalmer.

I did like the ending but in the bunker the only missing piece of film said only use the computer for entering the code. Michael just broke that. Why was that piece so important to cut it out? Walt must also be on a Dharma terminal, but he also must be close (however the writers will probably bypass this). Story falling apart but Sayid, Sawyer, Jack, Charlie, and Locke will carry the show for a couple more seasons.

Sorry for being so harsh.
Rocksiren
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But honestly, Ana cant be hated because she ACCIDENTALLY killed someone- there are already like 7 "killers" there.

Yeah it seemed pretty strange thats the only reason she killed him. She couldve just left. If her mom stayed even after he knocked her around, not too much anyone could do about that. Maybe if he knocked Kate around or molested her, I could understand more. It just seemed really severe. The only thing I can think of is temporary insanity- she just snapped.

I mean how many of us have people we wish we were NOT related to? She couldve just tried to live her life better than he lived his, and then he wouldnt have been part of her "spirit"- but she did blow up another human being- at least Sawyer just shot the guy AND showed remorse.

I dont support what she did, but I also dont think she ranks up there with Dahmer. OJ actually just moved back to my city- believe me, not too many people are happy about it. Dahmer was a complete psychpath who revelled in the suffering of others. Kate maybe strange, but I dont think shes sadistic.

As for the father comparison thing, thats fair- BUT I dont think Sawyer is one to beat up on a woman. Hes a lot of things, but I dont think hes a wife beater.

Anyone else think that besides the animal spirit thing, that it had to do with "the dark horse"- ie: Sawyer. Anyone else catch how jealous Jack was after he heard the "I love her" thing?

And the film didnt say that about the code is the only thing allowed to be entered- Locke did. You COULDNT type anything else, not that you SHOULDNT type anything. When he pressed the buttons, nothing came up on the screen- because it wasnt the code or time for the code. And how many of us wouldve just kept walking after seeing "HELLO?" come up on the screen.

And on that note- LOL, Im surprised no one else has mentioned how RIPPED Daniel Dae Kim is! LOL! What did he ask the writers- "PLEASE Ive been working out-LEMME SHOW IT!"

Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ana also murdered a guy in cold blood he may have shot her first, but he was desperate and had no other way to get away. Kate on the other hand went back for added revenge later on even after she'd moved on...hmmm... I wonder why she did it.

Anyway, they're both murderers murderers with reasons, but murderers! Locke's starting to look more and more innocent for his uninformative vision reading every day!
lostlover

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 6:10 am    Post subject: But Reply with quote

Anna killed the man that killed her baby. That could be murder to her. Anna killing Shannon was not really an accident. Both Sayid and Shannon saw Walt before Shannon was shot. Those who brought Shannon to the 2nd group, that was extremely wound up with losing a member, was responsible. Sawyer killed the man the was responsible for his dads death in his mind (wasn't it a mistake though).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: