Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Supernatural
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't remember them being so afraid of witches before, but maybe witches are just too powerful for them to kill?
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe. I think their true nemesis is brotherly angst though
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the writers are considering having the Starks return at some point, actually. Besides, if they had killed them, Don wouldn't have been able to save their lives at the end.

But yeah, it doesn't make sense that Dean was willing to kill Amy, who was only killing people to save her son, and then not want to kill Maggie and Don who have apparently just been around for ages killing people.

Oh well. I'm sick of complaining about SPN's plot holes. I'll leave it alone.

art by me&tammy
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dean not killing the kid bugged me too because why would he kill Amy but not the kid? It was a really cool episode last week apart from what bothered me. The funny episodes are my favourite.

I'm not really into the Leviathans.. they are basically the shapeshifters from the X Files with the black oil and all that. They are not the worst enemies cause it is an interesting idea but to make them shapeshifters, had to roll my eyes on that one.
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That didn't bug me because I doubt Dean would've killed a little kid if he hadn't actually hurt anyone yet.

I hate the Leviathan! The creepy thing is I'm reading the classic epic "Paradise Lost" by Milton for my course and the Leviathan are mentioned, lol. I didn't realise they were already an established biblical character. There's a wiki page for them here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leviathan

They're more like sea monsters than shapeshifters.
HobbitRockGod
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he just didn't kill the kid because he's a kid. Dean likes kids. I just don't know why he killed Amy, because that's out of character too.

The leviathans are soo creepy. Though I'm really hoping Misha comes back as a leviathan, because his scene at the end of the premiere was terrifying and awesome.

I like being scared, LOL.

art by me&tammy
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sometimes I wonder without the pop culture references and the comedy would I still watch the show? It was really great tonight in that regard but also had MASSIVE YAWNING plotholes scattered all around. Like we are to believe Dean and Sam can just walk around without being recognised even if they are presumed dead. I was kinda hoping Supernatural would go True Blood and leviathans would be revealed to the world but maybe that's coming. Why did Dean not mention that Sam is MENTAL literally with satan in his head and that he actually needs people around him to take care of him?? WHY DO THEY NOT PLAY ROCK MUSIC ANYMORE?! I actually know why but seriously you could afford that smalsly song but not a bit of motley crue or something instead. It was really funny seeing Dean sing along though

The fact Leviathans can be killed by some kind of detergent chemical is hilarious. I can just see Sam and Dean in housewife outfits spraying leviathans. It was great seeing the guy from the POTC movies and Michael Hogan although they killed him He would have been an awesome recurring character. Hopefully there is more of POTC guy.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait, who was the POTC guy? I missed something.

Honestly I was completely disappointed in that episode. It could have been GREAT, but it wasn't. They could have done so much with the doppelgangers but they fell flat.

And I'm just so upset with what they did with Jody in that episode. She started off as this lovely, strong, female character which SPN desperately needs, but this season? First she got to be a damsel in distress and call Bobby for help. And this episode she went and thanked Bobby by cooking for him and cleaning his house. Great. Way to COMPLETELY solidify the sexism that's plagued this show for years.

Honestly, if I hadn't been watching this show for 6+ seasons, I would stop watching. I'm just SO disappointed. And I hate being disappointed in Supernatural, because for the first four or five seasons, I loved it so much. But I really, really don't anymore. I keep waiting for it to get better and it's not.

/rant

art by me&tammy
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eryn you know the guy from POTC with the huge sideburns and the pirate accent? He was in that episode but with an american accent as Bobby's old friend.

Next episode is going to star DJ Qualls aka Hurley's friend, Johnny from Lost Always had a soft spot for him.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: