Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Walking Dead (Season 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have to remember Lori is equally to blame for the affair yet you don't hate on her as much. She should just tell Rick already and get it out in the open rather than make Shane squirm.

There is no doubting Shane is a complicated character with a definite dark side but that is what makes him really interesting to me. Even if he does ever turn to the dark side and become Shane Vader I'll stil dig him all the same lol
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with you Paul. I love Shane...but I love me a bad boy and think Lori is almost more to blame. But I think its really hard to be judgmental in such a crazy situation...I mean, they both thought he was dead and thought they'd be dead soon too. Why not live a little? I'm sure that is what they were thinking and they probably needed some stress release as well!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nikkimonique wrote:
I'm with you Paul. I love Shane...but I love me a bad boy and think Lori is almost more to blame. But I think its really hard to be judgmental in such a crazy situation...I mean, they both thought he was dead and thought they'd be dead soon too. Why not live a little? I'm sure that is what they were thinking and they probably needed some stress release as well!

Yeah I definetly think it was something that was born out of the situation that they are in rather than something that had been festering from before. Shane and Lori needed some sex relief come on people have a heart
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know! I doubt that would have ever happened if Rick had died under normal circumstances and there were no zombies. and Shane is hot so ummm yeah.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
You have to remember Lori is equally to blame for the affair yet you don't hate on her as much. She should just tell Rick already and get it out in the open rather than make Shane squirm.

There is no doubting Shane is a complicated character with a definite dark side but that is what makes him really interesting to me. Even if he does ever turn to the dark side and become Shane Vader I'll stil dig him all the same lol

I don't care for Lori either. BUT she's tried to end it and he just can't respect that. That's what I have an issue with. I blame them both for the affair; but while she's tried to end it; he just wont let her.

If that makes sense.
nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, but he has let it go now. That's why he said he was going to leave.

Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still have issues with him. I had issues with him from the very beginning too though.
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brooke wrote:
I don't care for Lori either. BUT she's tried to end it and he just can't respect that. That's what I have an issue with. I blame them both for the affair; but while she's tried to end it; he just wont let her.

If that makes sense.

Yes, that's the same problem I have with Shane. I haven't seen the last two episodes of S2 yet though and it looks like things are going to change. At least after Shane's "announcement" that he's going to leave. Well, I guess I'll see about that soon enough.
I don't totally hate Shane - he has some good sides, too. Just like Rick, he's very caring and has leader qualities, and he can be fun as well. It's just that - so far - I really, REALLY wanted to slap him in the face when it came to that whole thing with Lori.

I agree though that she is just as "guilty" as Shane, even when they both believed that Rick was dead.

Quote:
Yeah I definetly think it was something that was born out of the situation that they are in rather than something that had been festering from before. Shane and Lori needed some sex relief come on people have a heart

Well, I don't know about that. The situation was really extreme, I agree about that. It's just that... Lori is Rick's wife and Shane is his best friend. It couldn't feel more WRONG, could it?
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's my problem too; Karolina. That they're both have such strong connections to Rick.

One of the reasons as to why I get the impression that Shane most likely has felt something for Lori is how far he's taking it. The role(s) he was trying to put himself into. He was ready to be the husband and the father so quickly I think TOO quickly; while I think he was telling himself he was doing the right thing that 'Rick would want this; I am doing this for Rick" What man would want that for his family? To have his wife and son move on from his memory that fast? He was trying to justify his actions. Shane wasn't really giving them time to mourn for Rick.

If I was Rick I would feel betrayed by Shane having tried to take over both roles that quickly. I mean it's one thing if it's over time; but this was fast amount of time.

Another reason is that Lori obviously wasn't ready to be in a relationship; I mean her husband just died. And that showed by how she would take off his wedding ring around her neck.

Granted I haven't seen episode 2 or 3 of season 2; so I'll see what happens with Shane/Lori/Rick situation.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: