Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2x08 - "Collision" Episode Discussion
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 2:23 am    Post subject: 2x08 - "Collision" Episode Discussion Reply with quote

Discuss tomorrow's episode. Once the show has aired, and you haven't seen it, I do not recommend you read this topic. Until it airs, all spoilers refering to this episode are off limits, and should either be discussed in the spoiler forum or marked in spoiler text in here (white)

"Collision"
Tempers flare when Ana Lucia and her group stumble upon Sayid and the other castaways.

And absolutely NO mention of the previews for this episode, unless they're in spoiler text. (white)

Last edited by Hobbes on Sun Mar 12, 2006 9:24 am; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
meandi
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OO Sayid wants revenge!!!!!
I think it's gonna be one hell of an episode tonight!
Just watch the clips from AOL!
http://television.aol.com/feature/lost_tv
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay NOW we are back on track! Great episode, with actual flashbacks that are RELEVANT. Now its the LOST I fell in love with. Poor Ana- poor everybody, thats really all I can say. I was so happy for Bernard and Rose, Sayid and Sun.

"You are just an encyclopedia of weirdness." ~ Supernatural
MoreLight
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice ep. I agree with RS.

I spoiled myself when I checked a Lost podcast last week and found some pics on their website of Michelle on the set dressed as a cop but I liked the backstory. Explains a lot about why she had that certain faraway look when the one we knew as Goodwin asked her if she had any kids.

So now we have the hot cop and the hot fugative both with an interest in Jack and a bunker with a cache full of automatic weapons ... should get very interesting in later eps.

My lost music vids
MovieGuy
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

very good episode. Ana being preg was a shocker.

YAY!! JANA!!

And I might remake "Trigger Happy" with Ana in it.
ChicaFrom3
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, I...still...hate...Ana. Who'd'a guessed?

But mad love to:
Michael
Sawyer
Jin
Eko
Bernard
Libby
Rose
Sun
Charlie
Vincent
Locke

in roughly that order. Cried at the reunions of Rose/Bernard, Michael/Vincent, Sun/Jin, and Michael/Sun.

sig by niki blue
Rocksiren
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now Im just waiting for the Locke-Eku guru-off- Im going for the guy with serious muscles and hair...anyone else want to place bets? LOL jk.

ChicaFrom3
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rocksiren wrote:
Now Im just waiting for the Locke-Eku guru-off- Im going for the guy with serious muscles and hair...anyone else want to place bets? LOL jk.

Oh, no question, it's all in Eko's corner.

sig by niki blue
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I learned two things from this episode:
1. Ana Lucia is a spaz, even if she has a reason
2. Jack is a stupid spaz for wanting to go after her guns ablazing, leaving Sawyer behind. Seriously? Wtf? And people say Locke is the loose canon...

Good ep. Next weeks looks like it's gonna be one HELL of an ep.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ringwench
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay! I actually REALLY enjoyed tonights episode. FINALLY! We're almost halfway through the season and finally we get an episode that's on par with last season (well, OK, last week's was really good too, but it was such a major departure from the usual format I can't really put it in the same category as the rest of the episodes).

Let me just say, Sayid/Ana, TOTALLY my new fucked-up-het OTP! I wasn't looking for it and it completely caught me off guard, but WOW, sparks just flew in their scene together at the end. The chemistry was undeniable. I'm such a sucker for messed up wrong pairings based on shared emotional pain. It's pathetic really. But more Sayid/Ana interaction and I might actually start to *gasp* ENJOY Ana-Lucia!

Which I guess I kind of am, already, come to think of it. I can't believe I even just typed that sentance. I did find her tons more interesting in this episode. At first I just thought she was a mega-bitch, which was really irritating, but now that I know she's really ALL KINDS of fucked up, traumatized, and more than a little crazy, I think I kinda like her

I liked pretty much everything in this episode, which is really saying something. Usually (especially this season) at least a couple of plot points or characters will totally piss me off, but I can't think of anything right now that I didn't completly enjoy. Hell, even the usually irritating Charlie was totally tolerable. I think it had to do with the fact that he had no interaction with Claire. I don't mind the two of them seperately, but together I just CAN'T STAND THEM! Especially Charlie. I don't know if it's the rampant fangirling about C/C that bugs me (though that's probably a huge part of it) but seeing them together makes me want to punch my TV.

Yeah, anyway... [/rant]

I loved Kate and Jack's golf game. Usually they have barely any chemistry but it wasn't bad tonight. Though as soon as Sawyer came back and Kate was cradling him in her arms the chemistry between Kate and Sawyer just EXPLODED off the screen and evaporated any residual Kate/Jack vibes. And Sawyer was like 90% comatose so that's really saying something. Yeah, I'm STILL not buying the whole Jack/Kate thing, I'm sorry, but no.

Locke and Eko met up! Yay! I can't wait until they have some actual conversations. I wonder if they're going to get along famously, or if they'll butt heads because they think there's only room for one mysterious Yoda-like figure on the island

I actually had tears in my eyes at the end of the episode when Rose and Bernard were reunited, then just as I was composing myself Sun and Jin had to go and do the same thing and I was a mess again.

Also, I LOVED Charlie running down the beach to hug Jin. They have such a weird little dynamic and it's totally adorable.

Poor Sayid, OMG. I love him so much. He and Ana with the guilt and the pain, I completely loved it. Yup, totally my new OTP!

Geekdom abounds.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rocksiren wrote:
Okay NOW we are back on track! Great episode, with actual flashbacks that are RELEVANT. Now its the LOST I fell in love with. Poor Ana- poor everybody, thats really all I can say. I was so happy for Bernard and Rose, Sayid and Sun.

Jin and Sun

Okay maybe we can finally understand why Ana is such a complete rude, foul piece of work but I still hate her ass.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

<<Locke and Eko met up! Yay! I can't wait until they have some actual conversations. I wonder if they're going to get along famously, or if they'll butt heads because they think there's only room for one mysterious Yoda-like figure on the island >>

LOl well Eko seems to care about other people besides himself...so...

And I love how everyone is so willing to let Charlie off the hook for his pre-meditated murder of Ethan (okay Ethan was a bastard, we all know, but still!) but willing to condemn AL right away. Im not willing to do it. I think she tied him up because she was freaking out and wanted to figure out what to do. Also that everyone is willing to let Kate off the hook for her weird past- she may be bumped for "hopelessly flawed hot chick".

BTW- I was watching the ep with a guy-friend who has never seen any EPS before and said "isnt that a man?" when Kate came on. Lol

ebizmybef74
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Totally cried when Michael saw Vincent. It was so sad. And the part with Jin/Sun and Bernard/Rose reuninions! I lost it completely. And the whole running toward each other at the same time wasn't cheesy either, thank God! Beautiful episode and I liked the fact that Ana-Lucia was a cop. Made a lot of sense!

Banner: Shinythings
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

LOl well Eko seems to care about other people besides himself...so...

RS, every week you find some way to slip in a shot at Locke... Leave him alone already! That "not feeling" is based on your interpretation of the evidence we were given, not some fact of the show. I wouldn't say anything, but it's really starting to bug me. Personally, I think Jack is the most boring character on the show, and he doesn't save people because he cares about them, but because he can't get over his own demons of letting go, and my entire familly agrees with me. But I don't say it much because I know a lot of people wouldn't like it. So could you please stop dissing Locke all the time? Thank you!
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ringwench wrote:
I loved Kate and Jack's golf game. Usually they have barely any chemistry but it wasn't bad tonight. Though as soon as Sawyer came back and Kate was cradling him in her arms the chemistry between Kate and Sawyer just EXPLODED off the screen and evaporated any residual Kate/Jack vibes. And Sawyer was like 90% comatose so that's really saying something. Yeah, I'm STILL not buying the whole Jack/Kate thing, I'm sorry, but no.

I nearly laughed myself out of my chair when I got to the part about Sawyer being 90% comatose at the time...

Oh man, that really kinda sums it up for me, too. I've watched Jate vids (no, really! I've actually seen a lot of them! ) and I'll start feeling the whole Jack/Kate vibe. Then I watch the show itself and it's as dead as the ol' doornail for me. Personally, I just don't feel any chemistry between them when they're on screen together. It feels forced to me. Don't know why.

Note to all my Jater friends: I completely respect that YOU, however, see and feel and roll around in tons and tons of chemistry between Jack and Kate.

Even when Jack was looking uncomfortable while Kate was doing her whole "Let me whisper in your ear so you'll take your medicine, you hot Southern boy with dimples, you" routine, I just didn't feel like he was jealous. It felt more to me like he was miffed because he was the doctor and therefore, if anybody could make Sawyer swallow a pill, it would be HIM!

Also, I saw the Ana/Sayid thing light up in their scenes together, too. As soon as he can get past that whole "she just blew away my girlfriend" aspect, I can see them doing a lot of mutual hating themselves/each other/struggling with the same demons thingie. Though, as soon as I saw her kill that guy at the end of her flashback, I groaned, "Oh no, something she has in common with Sawyer!" No Sana, NO SANA!!!!!

Did anybody else find it weird that Michael and Jin both didn't really react to Shannon being murdered right in front of them, other than with just a few moments of shocked looks? I kept waiting for SOMEBODY to say, "Oh man, you just killed Shannon! That's messed up!!!" or something! It really bugged me how everybody kinda ignored her dead body laying there uncovered for the whole ep. I know that clothes and blankets and such are in short supply but I thought it was sorta sad how she just got left...laying there for so long like that...

I loved Sun and Jin's reunion! I was SOOO cheering for that! I didn't care much for him way back at the start of the show but I'm really a fan of their ship now. I'm glad they didn't veer her off with Michael like they looked like they were going to.

Oh, and Vincent running to meet Michael? How precious was THAT? Without being sickly sweet or anything. It struck just the right note of adorable!

I also liked that look that went over Sayid's face when he realized that Shannon really HAD been seeing Walt all that time... Too little, too late, pal...

Last thing: I find it verrrrry odd how the American and Canadian promos seemed to be from two different shows! I mean, the US one was very Skate and the Canadian one couldn't have been more Jate! What's up with THAT? Do they think that all Canadians are Jaters and all Americans are Skaters?

Uh... Are they?

~Aislynn
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Talk All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: