Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Horror/Suspense Movies Suggestion and Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Charlies_Innocence
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love scary movies lately. I watched Shutter awhile back, and I really liked it. It was the remake, though, I watched it for Josh.

I guess I haven't seen a lot of really scary movies... Saw the remakes of My Bloody Valentine for Jensen Ackles and Friday the 13th for Jared Padalecki. Love My Bloody Valentine, hate Friday the 13th - it was really stupid and not scary at all.

Also I watched Shutter Island tonight - that's not really a horror movie, it's more suspenseful than anything, but I really liked it and it did creep me out a bit.

icon by becca
HobbitRockGod
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MY. BLOODY. VALENTINE. OH HELL YES.

Honestly, if you're in the mood for a horror movie that you can LAUGH at, watch My Bloody Valentine.

art by me&tammy
Charmed_Charlee
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now a good one is Cannibal Holocaust, I watched it in media and omg was it great.

The director got arrested for the film because they actually thought it was real as he did a "Blair Witch" style with the actors and he had to prove they were still alive and how they stunts were done.
HobbitRockGod
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched Nightmare on Elm Street last night - the remake. It was pretty good, actually, though as per usual I yelled at the screen and laughed at it all the way through. It wasn't, like, your typical horror movie remake where it's all gore and sex - well, there obviously was gore but not an EXCESSIVE amount.

It was weird because I was watching it with this kid who actually went to the high school where it was filmed. He was all, "You have no idea how weird that is! That's my history classroom!"

Anyway. Yeah. Check it out.

art by me&tammy
thefilmchick
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't Look Now.
Suspiria.
The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari.
Mad Love (1935--mainly because Peter Lorre is awesome.)

Nikki(monique) will agree with me; I wonder if anyone else might--but all these films are awesome.

Also, although I'm not a Stephen King fan, Kubrick's The Shining is a really scary adaptation that screws with me a lot for some reason; I think precisely because of how bloodless it is besides the shock scenes, and how antiseptically cold it is. I will leave the room if it's on, and have done so before.
HobbitRockGod
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really, really want to see The Shining. I am so into horror movies lately, it's weird. Usually I'm a total wuss but lately I'm like, "Yeah! Scare me! Let's go!"

I haven't seen any of the ones you mentioned, Kate.

art by me&tammy
SassyLostie2
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't really find The Shining that scary actually, but I'm not a huge Kubrick fan.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's the thing, though. I don't think it is scary to many people, but for some reason it pushes just the right combination of buttons in me. Roger Ebert's review gets as close as probably anyone can to explaining why, in a weird way. Are you the type who's scared of slasher films (although you don't seem it)? If so, you might not find The Shining scary, and vice-versa -- I laugh my way through Freddy Krueger/Jason/whatever, anyway.

I'm generally a Kubrick fan although not a fangirl. I hated Eyes Wide Shut, for instance, and found it really self-indulgent. On the other hand, Paths of Glory, 2001, Barry Lyndon, The Killing, and A Clockwork Orange all are great. But for some reason The Shining just hit some sort of reptilian hindbrain freakout reaction that I can't quite articulate, but that makes that film literally unwatchable for me.
FaradayLinus
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

grable24 wrote:
If you REALLY want to freak yourself out... try renting a Japanese horror movie.

Audition is one of the most chilling movies I've ever seen

omg audition
i saw it so long ago that i barely remember the details but do remember being highly creeped out lmao
i need to rewatch it
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Whatever All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: