Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

July Contest Information
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Contest Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:57 am    Post subject: July Contest Information Reply with quote

July 2010
Contest: "I Love You, I Just Wish I'd Met You"
Deadline: August 3rd - extended

The Details

Ahhhhh, is there anything more fun than putting together a great AU couple? That's our challenge to you this month: show us the greatest, most awesome AU couple from Lost. The catch is that these two characters need to have never met before in canon.

For the purpose of this contest, we're defining "never met" as never having spoken to each other or had a significant scene together. So if you have an urge to vid Boone/Libby but are unsure because they were in the final church scene together, don't worry, that's allowed because Boone and Libby didn't have a speaking scene together nor did they share a significant scene together in the show in an earlier episode.

Your couple can be het or slash. If you want to do a triangle, that's also allowed, just remember that the "never met" conditions need to apply to ALL members of the triangle. So Boone/Libby/Hurley wouldn't work for this contest but Boone/Libby/Mikhail would.

The same also goes if you would like to do a multi-ship vid, then both characters in each ship need to have never met in the show. So a Libby/Mikhail, Michael/Ilana, and Nikki/Keamy vid would be fine but not Libby/Mikhail, Michael/Sun, and Nikki/Paulo.

The tone of your vid is up to you: so happy, sad, funny, angsty, unrequited love or a happily ever after ending, it's all fair game!

There's no need to clear your couple with us. Just use your best judgment and remember that we're looking for AU couples who have never met before.

Have fun and good luck everyone!

Be sure to read our new contest information for help with questions you may have!

The Rules

Specific Contest Rules:

• - Make an AU vid with a couple who never met on the show ("never met" for the purpose of this contest means that they never spoke nor shared a significant scene together).
• - Footage of the Losties from other TV shows/movies is allowed.
• - Running time should be no longer than 5 minutes. We suggest the 2 - 5 minute range.
• - Trailers are allowed, if desired. No crossovers with other fandoms, please.
• - The more creative, the better. Don't be afraid to take risks.
• - When entering your video on the Submit page, you MUST enter "July 2010 contest submission" exactly in your vid's description.

General Contest Rules:

• - Contest submissions should be entered through the Submit page
• - All regular submissions Rules apply.
• - Only one entry per vidder
• - Videos already submitted and RELEVANT can be submitted again, but we would rather see something fresh. (Please contact a CM if you wish to enter a previously-submitted video)
• - Please do not use Megaupload, Rapidshare or Yousendit as your only link to host your files.
• - Keep in mind that however you choose to host your video, it must be available for download at least until the end of the month. If we can not access your video at the time of judgment it will not be considered.
• - Have fun!

Last edited by Aislynn on Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:50 pm; edited 3 times in total
lostbreakers
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aw, this contest is a awesome idea!
I better start planning!
Belle MacFarlane
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's such an awesome idea who came up with it? ^_^

Btw, by "never spoke", can that include "only had like one speaking scene together"?
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

awh Claire and Shannon have shared scenes I think I have a good idea though
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG;I think i requested this idea in the 'ideas' thread a couple of weeks ago right? YAY; this is going to be cool!

Claire//Paulo; Claire//Daniel; so many possibiltys!
                                 
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Belle MacFarlane wrote:
That's such an awesome idea who came up with it? ^_^

Btw, by "never spoke", can that include "only had like one speaking scene together"?

The original idea is, indeed, Mel's from the contest ideas thread! (See, we do pay attention, lol! )

And to answer your question, Millie, it's up to you to interpret the rules but "never spoke" doesn't have a lot of wiggle room in there, I'm afraid.

Good luck, we can't wait to see what everybody comes up with!
SawyerLittleton
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aislynn wrote:

The original idea is, indeed, Mel's from the contest ideas thread! (See, we do pay attention, lol! )

Best Staff ever!! *claps and spreads the love*
                                 
EMMALOUISE
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just have two questions, boone and claire, im guessing wouldn't be allowed as they knew each other but i cant remember a scene with them both.
same for Jack and penny
thanks
rbexter93
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think (obviously getting a council member to verify would be better) but you're allowed to use them as long as they've never had a speaking scene which Jack and Penny or Boone and Claire have never had.
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EMMALOUISE wrote:
I just have two questions, boone and claire, im guessing wouldn't be allowed as they knew each other but i cant remember a scene with them both.
same for Jack and penny
thanks

Mainly just keep in mind what we're looking for, which are characters that would've never met on the show. Claire and Boone and Jack and Penny all have met in canon, as it turns out. Claire and Boone as members of the original group of Losties spent most of season 1 on the Island together. They may not have had any long amount of dialogue together but they definitely shared scenes together. One significant scene they specifically had together was when he brought her water at the end of "White Rabbit."

Penny and Jack met at the end of "There's No Place Like Home" part 2, when she and Desmond were reunited on her boat after she rescued them all after the helicopter went down and the Island had disappeared. Desmond then introduced her to everybody, including Jack. However, that's got a lot more leeway than Boone and Claire in the whole "never met" category since it was just one scene versus the two of them together on the Island for an entire season.

Hope that helps!

Last edited by Aislynn on Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
EMMALOUISE
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're welcome!

SawyerLittleton wrote:
Best Staff ever!! *claps and spreads the love*

Awwwww, thanks! *hugs* ♥♥♥!!!
ciaimpala
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SUCH a cool contest idea!!! I need to start plotting!!!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm well freaking excited for this, I've already don most of the vid mines Boone/Ana Lucia, but I was wondering, when I post it, do i request a new ship on the "Plead your case" or is it - because it's so freaking random - that there's no point creating a new thread for one vid.

Also - would I be able to use clips from other things they've been in, not claiming that it's a different character: eg. Ian Somerhalder in Vampire Diaries and Michele Rodriguez in Avatar?

Cheers for making such an original and awesome contest.

*hugs*
Aggi,. x
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VPnymph wrote:
I'm well freaking excited for this, I've already don most of the vid mines Boone/Ana Lucia, but I was wondering, when I post it, do i request a new ship on the "Plead your case" or is it - because it's so freaking random - that there's no point creating a new thread for one vid.

Also - would I be able to use clips from other things they've been in, not claiming that it's a different character: eg. Ian Somerhalder in Vampire Diaries and Michele Rodriguez in Avatar?

So glad that you're excited about it! Yay for Boone/Ana Lucia, that sounds awesome!

Anyway, to answer your questions: no, there's no need to ask for a ship tag, just use the character tags for each of them and that should be fine. We wait until a ship has a few vids for them on site before we make a new tag for it, just to keep the number of tags manageable. So if we get in enough Boone/Ana Lucia vids, then they'll earn a tag.

And yes, you can definitely use the actors in non-Lost roles to stand in as their Lost characters.

Good luck and I'm looking forward to seeing your vid!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Contest Talk All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: