Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

6x17/18 - The End
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cylune
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loved the finale. I wasn't planning on watching it but I'm glad I did. Great focus on the characters - they're the ones that made me fall in love with the show.

I cried so many times... I had forgotten how much I loved the show and its characters. Now I think I can watch the previous seasons without feeling so bitter.
littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cylune wrote:
I cried so many times... I had forgotten how much I loved the show and its characters. Now I think I can watch the previous seasons without feeling so bitter.

Lol; me too

And I'm with nikki; sorry for you guys who didn't like it!

Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

littleton_pace wrote:
cylune wrote:

Lol; me too

And I'm with nikki; sorry for you guys who didn't like it!

I wanted a few things answered but deep down I cared more about the characters then I ever did that island. So I loved it.

I was unaware how much I loved Charlie/Claire until that finale. I cried more for them then I did anyone else.
Debbie
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wanted charcter resolutions but I don't feel that them ending it with "and then they all died and went to heaven" was the best resolution for me personally.

I can't even get into all the reasons why I feel let down about the ending. I didn't even realise how being disappointed by it would actually effect me. I always thought if I was let down then I'd be okay with it but I think how this journey started for me in real life/personally is now playng part in how I feel about the ending. Watching Lost was connection I had with a person very close to me who is now gone, and having an ending like that bring up some very raw emotions that I'm not very happy to deal with. So I'm not gonna lie, I don't like the ending, I didn't like how it made me feel and I didn't like the resolution I personally got through that ending. so yeah, there it is.
littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just clipped the charlie/claire reunion for my site and cried even more this time

Wickedgal
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aw bless, Kat I cry every single time I watch it :/

Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

littleton_pace wrote:
I just clipped the charlie/claire reunion for my site and cried even more this time

I cried when Charlie saw her from the stage, balled when they see each other again.

I also cried at the Sawyer/Juliet. I figured that when she died she was drifting off into her 'after life', I loved his reaction though."I'd love to but that machine ate my dollar and I only have one left."

And noticed how when Juliet on the island said "We could go dutch." Sawyer said "Juliet it's me." And after Juliet said 'We could go dutch' they touch again and Sawyer says "Juliet it's me." I liked that.
Belle MacFarlane
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*points at Richard on the plane*

HE'S ALIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE

OMG. THAT WAS THE BEST FINALE EVER.

*hyperventilates*

I adored everything about it. So Hurley dies eventually anyway, huh? I wonder how God, I love that show. Hurley as the new Jacob, I KNEW IT! I WAS SAYING IT SINCE SEASON 4, HE WAS GONNA BE THE MAIN MAN! Of course, back then, I said the leader of the Others, but since season 6, I've been saying the new Jacob. And Ben has power, but not total power. I'm guessing Desmond will be the new leader of the Others then, with Ben as the new Richard? Hmmm

Now, in my mind, after they got to the mainland, Kate and Claire got together. "I'm gonna help you raise Aaron" = "I'm gonna be the second mother and we're gonna get gay-married." And Sawyer can go off with Richard

God I'm SO happy with this ending! SERIOUSLY!

VIDDING, ART AND FANFIC AWAIT!!!!!!!!!!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I loved the context of the 'it worked' line lol. You think it relates to the bomb but she was just referring to the vending machine lol I loved the Suliet reunion too, even though they're not my fave couple

sawyerlovesjack

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorta new here, usually lurk, I was doing good, no tearing up until Vincent laid down next to Jack. That got me. Goodbye LOST I will miss you.

Athena Alexandria
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have adored Jack since the beginning and yet I couldn't even cry for him because his death was so agonisingly slow! Did anyone else notice that it took almost the whole second hour, from the moment he got stabbed, to the moment he finally closed his eyes? I kept thinking it was the end but no, they had to torture me some more.

I hate that he staggered off into the jungle to die alone but that is so typical of him. That shot where he smiled at the plane flying overhead just killed me.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Athena Alexandria wrote:
I have adored Jack since the beginning and yet I couldn't even cry for him because his death was so agonisingly slow! Did anyone else notice that it took almost the whole second hour, from the moment he got stabbed, to the moment he finally closed his eyes? I kept thinking it was the end but no, they had to torture me some more.

I hate that he staggered off into the jungle to die alone but that is so typical of him. That shot where he smiled at the plane flying overhead just killed me.

I had hunches Jack was going to die in the finale. 1) was because they were going to kill him in the pilot, but friends and family who they let read the pilot said it was an awful idea you can't start with this guy and then kill him off.

2) Matthew Fox stated he thought Jack would die and this was during his season where he claimed he knew the finale image of Lost.
littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

to me, jack's death really emphasized his words. "Live together, Die alone." And he had Vincent there with him

now i'm doing the mental gymnastics... when did everyone die? who was first? when charlie, Libby, Shannon and Boone died for example; did they go to the alt-world? i think we'll be discussing this for quite a few more years

Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

littleton_pace wrote:
to me, jack's death really emphasized his words. "Live together, Die alone." And he had Vincent there with him

now i'm doing the mental gymnastics... when did everyone die? who was first? when charlie, Libby, Shannon and Boone died for example; did they go to the alt-world? i think we'll be discussing this for quite a few more years

And making videos about it of course.

I assumed Kate died many years later. Because of her "I have missed you so much."

"She died an old lady warm in her bed" because yes, the ending especially with Jack/Kate reminded me of Titanic.
lostbreakers
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brooke wrote:
littleton_pace wrote:

And making videos about it of course.

I assumed Kate died many years later. Because of her "I have missed you so much."

"She died an old lady warm in her bed" because yes, the ending especially with Jack/Kate reminded me of Titanic.

yes, it reminded me a lot of titanic aswell
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 6 of 14

Jump to: