Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

6x17/18 - The End
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
eloramoon
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep! I'll third that! I definitely think that had something to do with it.
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it would explain why sun's baby was fine as she never stayed in the houses or around where the bomb was burried for a long period of time. its something i've thought as a possibility for a while and seeing as it has been such a big part of the story and they havn't obviously explained it, it would make sense that we are meant to work this one out for ourselves when we found out where it was burried =S

no questions, jate is fate <3
banner & av by mee =]
EMMALOUISE
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Omg !! that was so EPIC !!!!!!
Jate !!! I need to start vidding them now ! im so happy they got a happy ending, it was all so beautiful, jacks eye closing at the end was really stunning but im so sad he died although i do think it was what needed to happen , i kinda wish he and kate had had more time on the island together, but that i love you scene was amazing.
Yay for all the shippy reunions Sawyer and juliet, i was on the verge of tears in that scene.
Charlie and claire reunion so beautiful.
I loved it when kate shot mib that was so badass,and there fight on the cliffs was really epic,Im glad hurley stayed to protect the island that was awesome.
Lost has been my favourite show since it started in 04 and i'm going to miss it so much, but theres no way i could stop vidding it
I know not all the questions were answered but im really happy with how it ended
Goodybye lost
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it's time for one more rant from me. For old time's sake.
(warning: partially negative. But not where it matters)

This show has been a lot of things to me. At first it was a puzzle, a glorious thing to ponder with the promise that eventually there would be an answer. And now, I would say in most ways - it really hasn't given us an answer, not really. Certainly not one obviously intended from the start. It's been a little bit made up as it went along for some time.

Truth be told, once it's all over and our "answers" are as good as they're going to get. I couldn't be satisfied if I expected Lost to give us a coherent answer in the end. This isn't a show that has intelligently told a profound story. This isn't a show that has a great plot. This show is an inconsistent beast rife with red herrings and plot holes, that has been made up as it went along since day one. It has marched to the beat of whatever the writer's drum was that particular season, and has never truly been about the overarching plot. The plot and the mysteries of Lost are not something to admire, and I can't look back at them without shaking my head at least a little. Lost is not a perfect show. I have to say that. And that's why it lost part of me, way back around season 3 - the part that holds things I watch to high regard, and expects coherency and high intelligence. The part of me that overthinks and expects an intricate tapestry to produce itself out of this show can not be satisfied. And I bet there are many who think that way, and will thus find this a very unsatisfying ending.

But that's not all that's here.

As crazy and stupid as this show's plot may have been, connecting it all has really been some true beauty. Through its characters, acting, and visuals, Lost has still managed to capture my heart. It has made me care about the characters like no other show has. And even though they've been slaves to a sometimes-stupid plot too, they have each shined through. There isn't a single character who hasn't had at least one scene that made me fall in love with them. There are few episodes where I haven't left without some strong feeling. There isn't a scene that hasn't looked visually stunning. There's just a spark to it all that makes you simply fall in love with it, that's beyond reason.

The thing is, I realize now, after it all, that I still loved Lost. Even though the logical part of my mind is disatisfied, there is still something there that made Lost special. The show is beautiful, in its own way. And I am sad to see it finally over.

I think, in a lot of ways, Lost wasn't meant to be the show that people thought it was. We all expected a mystery, that we could solve as we watched. We all wanted deep themes and answers. But that's not what Lost was. It wasn't about the unknown. It was about how people respond to the unknown.
I think this finale did that aspect justice. In the end, it wasn't about the mystery at all. It was about the characters who we have watched respond to the mystery for 6 seasons. It gave us closure with the people the audience has fallen in love with. And it did it with beauty.

There are many things I wish Lost had done. More than any, I wish they had figured out what they wanted to say with this show from the beginning. But you know... maybe now that's for us to decide? Now that it's over, its up to the vidders to use this beautiful material we've been given to tell our own stories. Ones that can explore the aspects that Lost never got to. I think that's one thing vidding has allowed me to do that I'll always be thankful for. This site has really given me a greater appreciation for this show - and every show really - as well as shaped the way I appeciate music. So, thanks LVI for being here. And thanks to all you amazing people that have helped form the spirit of this place which made it all possible.

Lost is over. And though LVI is going to stick around as long as it can, and with any luck have a spinoff into new fandoms, things may never be the same again. But I for one will always remember the great times we've had, and what we've built. This place has really been a home to me at times, and I'm forever grateful for the experience I've had here. The artistic spirit I've developed and shared here is something I truly think is one of the most important things someone can learn. And I can only hope that spirit lives on far longer than Lost ever could.

Thanks Lost, and thanks LVI. It was a beautiful ride.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
savage_anna
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just can't not to jump in and not to say that I have some awkward feelings about the finale. Guh I thought it was full of cliche's. For the first time I really really disappointed and I am probably in minority in here. But it's only my own views, since for such along time I was a skater for nothing. Kate loves Jack, and Sawyer WHO?...they at least could give skaters 1 scene in the finale. That was just cruel to this ship (if it was EVER a ship I dunno, it's probably was just in my imagination )

But still all end beautifully, I'm religious, so the whole end idea is smth that really pleased my own life views....and I always thought lost will end with eye closing, and so it ends. I really love Jack this season, and his sacrifice and faith understanding were really sad and amazing at the same time. The creation of new circle was predictable, but still the idea is great.

The most touching scene for me was Claire/Charlie. And I never actually cared about this ship O_O, made me cry.

My skate heart is completely broken. Even despite Jate ending, for me Suliet story always was forced and fake. They never really meant to be together IMHO....but as Christian said - Let it go. And move on....that's what I will do)

Goodbye LOST

Last edited by savage_anna on Mon May 24, 2010 2:37 pm; edited 2 times in total
Athena Alexandria
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

riay_night wrote:
SHE'S GOING TO THE CONCERT. JATE FTW.

Sorry, sorry skaters, I had to. Feel free to do the same.

JIF.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was it all you hoped for Sam? It got pretty close for me!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
secret_neo
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hobbes wrote:

The thing is, I realize now, after it all, that I still loved Lost. Even though the logical part of my mind is disatisfied, there is still something there that made Lost special. The show is beautiful, in its own way. And I am sad to see it finally over.

Perfectly said.

I thought the whole ending was brilliant, along with the whole experience of the show. It happened exactly the way I wanted it to.

The one point in the episode where I felt really connected to the whole series was when Jack and Locke were fighting atop the cliff. I had a moment of MAJOR deja vu, it felt like I already saw that scene somewhere and I knew Locke was gonna stab Jack. It felt very surreal and ironically like what happened to all the characters in the end. It wasn't my first experience of deja vu, I get it a lot in fact, but never with Lost.

Thanks for the amazing ride Lost. It's ironic, but alot of us are gonna be 'Lost' now that it ended.
Debbie
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I said aittle bit in the crituqe thread earlier, but in all honestly I don't even knowhat to say. I think I really am considering just letting go of all of the Lost fandom.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW! the finale was so epic <3 I'm still buzzing from it now and how awesome was it that us UK viewers got it at the same time as the America viewers did - that has to be one of the earliest times I've ever got up but it was so worth it!

The ending was so sad, I cried my eyes out at the fact that Jack died and the show is over for good! I didn't actually like Jack at the beginning of the show, but really came to love him at the end. He died a hero, the end shot being like the beginning shot was just like matthew fox said, beautiful. It was very fitting, Jack was a damaged guy and felt he had a purpose, seeing him smiling when he saved the island was so beautiful. He was at peace, he did what he had to do and he was also got kate. I personally have been a skater and Jater throughout, I was a massive skater at the beginning but fell to love Jate. I think they made the right decision, the writers also made the right decision to have kate remember while claire was giving birth not with, jack or sawyer - that scene had me in tears (happy tears!)

I also loved how they all went to heaven together, these people had touched each other's lives - just there faces when they were all hugging and seeing each other again. That was so beautiful, they had got the happy ending they deserved and the island changed their lives for the better. Also, ana - lucia ( I loved her character, one of my personal favs) was not there because similar to when hurley saw michael on the island and he said, they cannot move on because they cannot let go. Ana - lucia was not ready as she couldn't let go yet, just like ben was not that's what I saw it as anyway.

My last point, I could seriously go on for days of how epic this finale and show was, actually IS (the boxsets and LVI will make it live on, I am not taking christian shephards advice! My sister told me about a theory she read, I'm not crediting it as it isn't ours! but someone said they thought that hurley was the one that created the "in between" so that everybody could be together again and in heaven as, he was the new Jacob and could make up his own rules. I find this theory AMAZING! I mean it makes sense, like ben said hurley cares about people, he was crying before Jack even died and he was working pretty tightly was desmond! It would be something he would do, then I thought about this theory and thought the reason charlotte was not there was because she didn't ever touch hurley (I could be wrong, but swear they never did!) and hurley needed to have touched them (similar to what Jacob did with the candidates) in order to have them there, go off to heaven.

whoo I've wrote so much, but to sum up this show has been EPIC and will never be forgotten, I don't think any writers can ever do what the LOST writers did. Also, the cast how little or small their part was they were all AMAZING! seriously amazing, not once did I go " they cannot act!" and that is pretty rare on a tv show. Also, thanks LVI! this site is amazing

I am now going to watch the finale again! I've had the end scene along with the music, in my head all day! better get the tissues ready

Last edited by lostbreakers on Mon May 24, 2010 3:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Athena Alexandria
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nikkimonique wrote:
Was it all you hoped for Sam? It got pretty close for me!

Well I didn't want it to happen under those circumstances (although in the back of my mind I knew that it would), but yes, their goodbye scene was perfect. Exactly how I would have written it (which is why I was sceptical at first). I was so happy to finally hear Kate say those words to him and then to find out that she spent the rest of her life waiting to be reunited with him.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Hobbes echoed my sentiments exactly.

As a stand-alone episode - the finale was perhaps one of the greatest in the history of the show. It was absolutely beautiful & sentimental, I freaking LOVED all the call-backs to the 1st season (all the similar shots, especially the final one), and as it's own thing - it really was amazing.

But as an ending to the story? I'm not so sure. After years & years of denying that the island was 'purgatory' or 'hell', they give the story this ambiguous ending that makes it seem like now that they're all perfectly happy in sideways land, they can all move on to heaven? I don't know....as beautiful & moving as the last 10 minutes were, I had my hands up the entire time in a totally WTF fashion....

However, as my sister pointed out - it seemed like the sideways world was kind of like a waiting room - they had all died & were just waiting for everyone to show up/remember things so they could move on (because they all needed each other to move on). It even explains why Ben didn't go into the church with the rest of them - he's still alive, possibly still running things on the island.

I think that in a show with so many mysteries & questions, to end on an ambiguous note is kind of fitting, but at the same time, it's kind of a slap in the face too, especially for the devoted fans who have watched this show religiously in the hopes the mystery would be solved by the end....

Regardless though, I did really enjoy the finale. All the reunions were really touching (Shayid!! And Suliet!! *sigh*) and oh dear god, I'm so HAPPY BEN DIDN'T DIE! In fact, if you go with the explanation above, he ended up being the last man standing!

I was a little disappointed though because I wanted him to go out in a blaze of glory - honestly, I think he should have been the one to pull the trigger on MIB, instead of Kate. That part really pissed me off!! But he did save Hurley's life, and I think it was fantastic that Hurley & Ben became the new Richard & Jacob. Hurley & Ben have always had an interesting dynamic, I think ever since they shared that damn candy bar
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is my epic review of definitely the BEST ep of the season I got all I ever wanted out of the show Charlie, Claire and Aaron happy together off the island - but all dead apparently. I'm trying not to read to much into it. lke how a pregnant woman can give birth in this 'waiting room', theoretically Aaron would have had to die as well in the real world with his grandmother. Unless there are two aarons... not getting into; still basking in the epicness

have to get this outta the way - JATE IS FATE JATE IS FATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That kiss was epic!!!! I was yelling "say I LVOE YOU bitch!" to kate in that scene; and they did! omg; what epicness!!

The opening was awesome; although all the lost montages are awesome I was upset that Claire wasn't in it tho In fact we didn't see her for 35 minutes :S:S That's messed up; but why would the show give me lots of Claire scenes now? lol

Told you Richard wasn't dead Millie!! and Frank!!! of course he survived!!

I almost bounced off my bed when we saw Charlie! The look on Hurley's face was epic

Seeing Rose and Bernard made me tear up I squeed when Locke saw the doggie footprints

Juliet!!!! I was so thrilled seeing her again; and Jun remembering everything was so brilliant. Every time Yunjin cries; I cry. She's the one who can consistantly get me balling And we all knew she was David's mother ;P I was still wishing it was Rachel tho sawyer passing jules in the elevator without a second look was saddening tho

Kate just trying to kill Locke was friggin awesome

Anyone else think the light looked like an awesome water slide? loved the shot of jack and locke looking down it like the season 1 finale

Aaron's birth - THAT was an epic scene. When Charlie saw her as hsi 'claire', omg i was bawling so much. and when emilie saw Aaron "it's aaron!" omg omg omg what a perfect scene> I loved it so much; it was so worth the wait I was worried it would be a let down but it wasn't. it was perfect and beautiful. And i loevd how kate remembered first and told Charlei to give her the blanket, so he'd remember too And that kiss.... that was a kiss I had to go back and rewatch it, and i cried more the secodn time. emilie and dom were brilliant in that scene

I really thought Jack might die!! Then Kate to the rescue!! The bitch is back!! She's really brought her A game these last few eps

SHAYID!!! YAY!!! When i saw maggie's name come up at the start I was so excited; had no idea how she'd be brought in; but I loved how they did it

"I was shot by a fat man." Lmao How cute were Claire and David at the concert?

Charlie's look when he saw Claire...... GAH!!! i was grinning like a fool

the Suleit reuinon was so well done! I love how they mixed it with Juliet's final moments it was so beautiful and once again, Jate is fate

So; everyone died??? And they're in heaven?

One issue; ben was crushed by a tree one second; then walking around fine the next even tho jack and kate were still limping from their injuries :S Continutiy police??

And I knew we'd never get MiB's real name

Wickedgal
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol Kat I knew you'd love this episode like me! You squealed at the same bits I did. I must've watched the charlie/claire bit fifty times! When she says his name I bawled like a baby.
What an epic finale

nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My sentiments exactly Kat! I feel sorry for you guys that were disappointed.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 5 of 14

Jump to: