Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ripping LOST DVDs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Technical Vidding Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BlasterBoy
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 11:05 pm    Post subject: Ripping LOST DVDs Reply with quote

Hey, I'm having some issues with ripping my LOST dvds. I use SmartRipper and I'm really hoping someone else uses it, too
So I try to rip the DVDs and it says "list index out of bounds" and it doesn't work. I googled it and apparently it's a problem with Disney DVDs. So...does anyone know how to get around this?! What can I do?
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please, anyone. I also tried the tutorial for DVDShrink, but it says the DVDs are completely copyrighted, which may also be the problem with SmartRipper. This is a real pain and I would like to know if anyone has gotten around it The downloadable clips on this site are great but not as good quality as the DVDs, so y'know

I have DVD2AVI, so all I need is for the DVDs in .vob format and then I'm good and can make individual clips out of them.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlasterBoy wrote:
Please, anyone. I also tried the tutorial for DVDShrink, but it says the DVDs are completely copyrighted, which may also be the problem with SmartRipper. This is a real pain and I would like to know if anyone has gotten around it The downloadable clips on this site are great but not as good quality as the DVDs, so y'know

I have DVD2AVI, so all I need is for the DVDs in .vob format and then I'm good and can make individual clips out of them.

I use http://www.magicdvdripper.com/

If you use the free version you get 6 or so free rips, and then they want you to pay 34.97, but it's SO easy to use.

I didn't like DVDShrink because I had no idea how to use it. I know I am no help, but that's all I have.

You could also try 'ask yahoo'.
BlasterBoy
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brooke wrote:
BlasterBoy wrote:

If you use the free version you get 6 or so free rips, and then they want you to pay 34.97, but it's SO easy to use.

I didn't like DVDShrink because I had no idea how to use it. I know I am no help, but that's all I have.

Thanks, does the magicdvdripper program get around the copyrights on the S2 DVDs? And yeah, I don't really wanna pay for a ripping program....
I figured out how to use DVDShrink, it just won't rip LOST clips, either
Thanks!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlasterBoy wrote:
Brooke wrote:
BlasterBoy wrote:

Thanks, does the magicdvdripper program get around the copyrights on the S2 DVDs? And yeah, I don't really wanna pay for a ripping program....
I figured out how to use DVDShrink, it just won't rip LOST clips, either
Thanks!

I am not sure. I used it on a TV show and a few movies.
littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For my season 2 DVD's, i used DVD Decrypter

http://www.soft32.com/Download/Free/DVD_Decrypter/4-75586-1.html

Pretty easy to use

Another way to get around the MagicDVD 5 downloads thing, uninstall it completely from your comp after you've used it 5 times, and then download it again That's what I used to do

BlasterBoy
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you, kat! I'll try this out tonight
do you know of a good tutorial for this program?
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeh here's one for Decrypter and Shrink

http://www.thestromboliproject.com/dvddecrypteren/dvddecrypterhtm.htm

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Technical Vidding Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: