Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

May Contest Information
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Contest Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jinlovessunxx
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 11:49 am    Post subject: May Contest Information Reply with quote

May 2010
Contest: Grant your long Lost wishes!
Deadline: May 31st

The Details:

Ever thought about what you would want to happen on Lost? Have a very special, favorite theory over the course of the Lost seasons? Wish something would have happened different than it did on a certain episode? Well this contest is the contest for you to grant those wishes you've been wishing for since Lost started!

We want to see what YOU would like to have seen on Lost in a video! To show it, use any moment on Lost, flasback, flashforward, flashsideways, on and off the island through all of the seasons, even footage of the Losties in other roles!! Did you want to see Vincent as the Smoke Monster or had a favorite dead character whose life story faded and wanted to see more? It's your call! Give us your theories! May is the month where our beloved Lost ends and so this contest will give you the chance to look back over the past seasons

Good Luck!

Be sure to read our new contest information for help with questions you may have!

The Rules:

Specific Contest Rules:
• - Make an AU video on what you would like to have happened on Lost.
• - You may use non-Lost footage of the actors but NO Crossovers or Trailers.
• - You may use any flashback, sideways, flashforward, current day moments from Lost to show your theory, but nothing canon centric (something like Shannon and Sayid having a happy ending together or Jate having a baby something like that is acceptable), we want to see something different that did not happen on Lost and what you wished to have seen.
• - Running time should be no longer than 5 minutes. We suggest the 3 - 5 minute range.
• -The more creative, the better. Don't be afraid to take risks.
• -When entering your video on the Submit page, you MUST enter "May 2010 contest submission" exactly in your vid's description.

General Contest Rules:

• -Contest submissions should be entered through the Submit page.
• -All regular submissions rules apply.
• -Only one entry per vidder.
• -Videos already submitted and RELEVANT can be submitted again, but we would rather see something fresh. (Please contact a CM if you wish to enter a previously-submitted video)
• -Please do not use Megaupload, Rapidshare or Yousendit as your only link to host your files.
• -Keep in mind that however you choose to host your video, it must be available for viewing at least until the end of the contest. If we can not access your video at the time of judgment it will not be considered.
• -Have fun!

thefilmchick
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh God, yes, I have a lot of alternate theories!

Are we doing a claiming system for songs? I've wanted to use Fishbone's 'Behavior Control Technician' for years (almost got to it the last time I was around), but the past few seasons left-turned that, in canon terms. So I'm using for this, unless I think of something better. (Not like anyone would use it, but still.)
littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, no claiming system Kate We tend to only do that if it's a specific genre with limited songs, or a single artist/band Its free reign this time and I'm sure you have lots of awesome theories, I'm sure I've only heard a handful of them So I can't wait to see what you come up with!

thefilmchick
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Addendum/suggestion:

I have a great comedic song that would fit this contest to a T, with Charlie potentially surviving and joining up with Ben/The Others (yes, you read that right). They Might Be Giants' "Working Undercover for the Man" (and no, despite the title, it doesn't work for Sayid. Unless he joined a band, which kills my suspension of disbelief despite Naveen playing guitar, and the working-with-Ben bit isn't much of an AU for him.) Lyrics:

Spoiler:

I've been working hard, trying to sing and play guitar
Growing out my hair and practicing my stare
Paid to fake it in a traveling band
And I'm working undercover for the man
Sha la la la la...

Planning midnight raids on our unsuspecting fans
While the roadies rig the video surveillance van
Sha la la la la...

I've been working hard, practicing to sing and play guitar
Growing out my hair and working on my stare
Sha-la-la-la-la...

It's a one-joke song, but you know you want to do it! If anyone wants it, I have the MP3 and can toss it up on Monday, or you can Zamzar it.
Athena Alexandria
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay for AU contests! The last one was so much fun. I have a couple of vids in the works that would fit this idea. Now I just have to decide which one I want to enter!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can I submit Sacrifice?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
thefilmchick
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could I possibly get some more clarification on what would separate an 'alternate theory' vid from a straight AU vid? Thanks!
littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure Nikki, I'll add that in

Basically nothing Kate We want to see something you specifically wanted to happen in the show that didn't go the way you hoped. Sayid being happy for once maybe?

nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Kat! If I thought I'd have time this month I'd make something new but I don't think I will...but I did really want to see Claire go super crazy on Kate and the Jaby part of course I have wanted to happen since forever!!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Athena Alexandria
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay, Nikki! As soon as I read what the contest was about I thought you should enter Sacrifice. I'm probably just going to finish my Kate/Kevin vid since that's something I've always wanted to see happen on the show.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

littleton_pace wrote:
Basically nothing Kate We want to see something you specifically wanted to happen in the show that didn't go the way you hoped. Sayid being happy for once maybe?

Oh, I have my own (global) theory that I've wanted to see happen and have been disappointed that it didn't happen, as well as the song. I just wanted some clarification on whether

'This is what should have happened.'

would be distinctly different from (to use an example in this thread)

'Here is a Jate/Skate baby.'

as I see a distinct difference between the two (go on--guess which one I prefer!) Trying to suss out the difference to the Council, anyway, as 'thefilmchick's theory on why things should have gone in a much more paranoid and quasi-scientific direction' is probably going to be a different animal than 'Jate/Skate babies for all!' (Not saying one is necessarily better [though again, you know which I prefer, anyway] but just trying to figure out where the Council's collective leaning is, so to speak.)

(ETA: Fixed for unintentional snarkiness. Sorry, caffeine hasn't yet hit.)
nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thefilmchick wrote:
littleton_pace wrote:

Oh, I have my own (global) theory that I've wanted to see happen and have been disappointed that it didn't happen, as well as the song. I just wanted some clarification on whether

'This is what should have happened.'

would be distinctly different from (to use an example in this thread)

'Here is a Jate/Skate baby.'

as I see a distinct difference between the two (go on--guess which one I prefer!) Trying to suss out the difference to the Council, anyway, as 'thefilmchick's theory on why things should have gone in a much more paranoid and quasi-scientific direction' is probably going to be a different animal than 'Jate/Skate babies for all!' (Not saying one is necessarily better [though again, you know which I prefer, anyway] but just trying to figure out where the Council's collective leaning is, so to speak.)

(ETA: Fixed for unintentional snarkiness. Sorry, caffeine hasn't yet hit.)

I don't think that is something you have to be worrying about Kate. The council isn't going to take points off just b/c it isn't what they'd like to see in Lost. If thats what your getting at.

SawyerLittleton
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, GREAT idea council!

It seems that you want some nostalgie in this contest. But would theory/wish that is pretty fresh (based on s6 happenings) be ok aswell?
That would be great! (A Jack AU with my new vidding skills<3)
                                 
thefilmchick
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not so much that as What makes this different from an AU vid where the vidder does whatever the heck they want with the footage? (and per Kat's answer, not much.) Is there going to be a level of plausibility as a criterion? Is there going to need to be a theory presented, following from what actually happened? Or can someone just go with, say, 'Jate/Skate baby' and have that be the bulk of their content, to the exclusion of actual 'alternate theory' connections?

You all know I'm analytical about these things, anyway. It's not meant to imply a preference on the part of the council as far as the story, more as What level of story/connections/etc. are required?

Hope that clarifies. If I'm still talking out of my, erm, elbow and nobody can make sense of it, let me know.
SawyerLittleton
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thefilmchick wrote:
Not so much that as What makes this different from an AU vid where the vidder does whatever the heck they want with the footage? (and per Kat's answer, not much.) Is there going to be a level of plausibility as a criterion? Is there going to need to be a theory presented, following from what actually happened? Or can someone just go with, say, 'Jate/Skate baby' and have that be the bulk of their content, to the exclusion of actual 'alternate theory' connections?

You all know I'm analytical about these things, anyway. It's not meant to imply a preference on the part of the council as far as the story, more as What level of story/connections/etc. are required?

Hope that clarifies. If I'm still talking out of my, erm, elbow and nobody can make sense of it, let me know.

As far as i understood it, the backgrounds of your story SHOULD be canon.
For example, Shannon did not die the moment Ana Lucia fired the gun and after that she became pregnant by sayid, left the island on the helicopter, sayid stayed behind etc..
Your vid should be canon up to some point of the story and THEN you can 'do whatever the heck you want with the footage'

At least thats the way i understood it!
                                 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Contest Talk All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: