Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Opinions on new fall shows...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ringwench
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 11:08 pm    Post subject: Opinions on new fall shows... Reply with quote

There's such a HUGE amount of new shows on this fall, a lot in the sci-fi genre, which is cool.

Figured I'd post this so everyone can put their opinions down on which ones they'll be watching.

Here are my thoughts on the ones I've watched:

How I Met Your Mother -- I checked this one out because I LOVE Alyson Hannigan (ok, I might have a *wee* bit of a girlcrush on her...but can you really blame me? ). It was surprisingly very funny. Neil Patrick Harris stole the show in my opinion. Hi-freakin-larious. I'm going to keep watching this one.

Kitchen Confidential -- Checked this one out because for 1, I love cooking shows, so I figured a sitcom about a kitchen would be entertaining, and for 2, Nicholas Brendan is on it, and I'm all for supporting the Buffy cast. It was OK. Nothing spectacular, had it's funny moments. I'll give it another episode or two before I make a decision on whether I'll watch it regularly.

Surface -- I tuned in to the 1st ep of this because I wanted to check out all (or most) of the new sci-fi shows. This one sucked. Sucked sucked sucked. I barely made it through 20 minutes. Needless to say, I won't be bothering with this one.

Supernatural -- Show about 2 brothers who are demon hunters. I don't think this show will be for everyone, but I LOVED it! It's so campy and has such a great old school X-Files feel to it. Also I'm freaking loving the older brother Dean. I'm definitely in for this one.

Invasion -- I was really unimpressed with this one. It looked pretty good from the previews but it really fell flat IMHO. The little girl is cute but can't act her way out of a paper bag and it really drags the show down. It had a few interesting moments and I'm slightly intrigued as to what's going on so I'll watch another episode or 2 before I make a final decision. Right now, I'm leaning towards no though.

Threshold -- LOVED IT LOVED IT LOVED IT!!! I honestly don't get how everyone didn't love this show. I though it was smart and suspenseful and I was hooked pretty much instantly. I can't wait to see more.

Reunion -- Hated it. Too afterschool special for me, I couldn't even get through half the episode before turning it off.

So yeah, in conclusion, I'll be watching Threshold, Supernatural, and How I Met Your Mother. I'm on the fence about Invasion and Kitchen Confidential. And I'm not going to waste another thought on Reunion or Surface.

I'd love to hear everyone else's verdicts on the new fall shows!

Geekdom abounds.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Threshold and Supernatural are on my list of downloadable shows now they're pretty cool. Alias is back next week aswell awesome.
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How I Met Your Mother -- Never heard of it.

Kitchen Confidential -- I liked it. I wouldn't even have seen it if it wasn't on afterr Arrested

Surface -- Nah. Didn't looks good.

Supernatural -- OMFG! THis is quite possibly getting my BEST NEW DRAMA OF THE YEAR award. I loved it.

Invasion -- yawn YAWN YAWN YAWN SO BORING! I'll give it some more chances since it is on after LOST.

Threshold -- Eh. Saw the first ep. Not very good.

Reunion -- Forogot it was on so I missed it.

The War At Home -- LAME Just feels like a show that tries to shock you.

My Name Is Earl -- BEST NEW COMEDY OF THE YEAR 'Nuff said.
Ringwench
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So "My Name is Earl" is good? I may download it. What other shows would you compare it to so I can know the type of humor it is and if it's something I would like. I like most things that Jason Lee is in, though, so I'm sure I'll at least find it moderately amusing.

Thank god I just got a DVR so I can record 2 shows at once so if I get hooked on "My Name Is Earl" I won't miss my Supernatural (I'm LOVING that show--I think I'm in love with Dean ).

I had no choice but to get the DVR so I could record Lost and Veronica Mars which are now on at the same time!

Ooh, and I forgot to mention Prison Break! I was home sick from work for the past few days so I downloaded the first 5 episodes and it ROCKS!

Geekdom abounds.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
lostcalier
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Survivor Guatemala: Not really a new show but a new round of the show. I stopped watching after the second season (Australia) and watched Survivor All Star just because I wanted to see former Survivors go after each other. Then my mom convinced me over the phone to watch Vanuatu (sp?) because she thought it was one of the best runs of the show so I gave it a chance and I immediately fell in with the struggle of the tribe that couldn't win to save there lives and I have to say Bobby John and Stephenie were the most compelling survivors in the entire run of the show. I stopped watching after they voted Steph out of her first run of the show then I heard they were both back for this run of it. So I'll watch till the others stupidly vote them both out. I'm really pulling for Steph because if anyone deserves to win the million it is her. But it's going to suck come next week when Alias returns. Thank god I have two TV's with two VCR's in my apartment. I can tape one and watch the other. Which means I'll probably watch Alias and tape Survivor. But it is the only reality show I will watch and that is only because of the two survivors they brought back.

Threshold: OMG, I can't believe it didn't soar in the ratings. It is very possible the smartest and best new sci-fi show this season. I was very impressed by the pilot and can't wait till this weeks episode. The cast all gave strong performances and the story was solid.

Reunion: I wanted to like this one I really did. I made my best friend watch it and she loved it but I just couldn't get into it. I don't like the idea of them basically having to use a new cast every season anyway plus the plot is REALLY weak. There isn't enough mystery to keep me interested.

Supernatural: I hate horror shows but I watched the pilot episode because I was a fan of "Dark Angel" which had Jensen Ackles for the final season and I fell in love with "Gilmore Girls" this summer which Jared was in. But my admiration of both guys (and slight crush...lol) isn't enough for me to get over my fear of horror related stuff. So while a kick ass pilot not one I will be able to stomach watching every week.

How I Met Your Mother: I have on tap but haven't had a chance to watch yet. But the previews look great.

Kitchen Confidential: Same situation as HIMYM in that I have it on tape but haven't had time to watch it yet but it has Bradley Cooper and being an Alias fan this show has to be great.

My Name Is Earl: Same situation as the above two. I watch so many dramas that I'm trying to find a good comedy but I just haven't had time to watch the tape that I have them all taped on. But again the previews make this one look amazing. Plus how can you not love something Jason Lee is in?

Surface: Why? Someone please explain to me why they made this particular series. I taped it and watched it but I really think I should have put in the tape with the comedy shows on it instead. Not worth my time.

Invasion: After watching Surface I was prepared for this one to suck but I ended up liking it. I was surprised that they didn't push back this premiere considering everything going on in the Gulf right now but I'm glad they didn't. I did have a few problems with the premiere since I lived in Florida for a while when I was younger so I know that the whole Hurricane situation could have been played a lot more realistic. And I admit the plot had a couple weak points but I hear it gets better so I'll stick with this one for a bit and hope it picks up on its strong points and runs with them.

Related: Looks like an interesting series on the WB. It hasn't premiered yet but it's definitely one I want to check out. It looks like it could have some promise.

As other have said don't waste your time with Reunion or Surface. Neither are worth your time. However, all of you need to check out Threshold because it is an awesome show. And I can't really make any opinions on the comedy shows till I get a chance to watch the tape they are on.

LVI Revolutionizing Fan Video Making!
www.lostvideo.net
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: