Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"In The Air Tonight" by AmyMac

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LVI Bot

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 6:28 pm    Post subject: "In The Air Tonight" by AmyMac Reply with quote

"In The Air Tonight" 08-25-2005
August 2005 Contest Submission
Song: In The Air Tonight by Phil Collins/Enya
Vidder: AmyMac
Length: 9:00 (23 mb WMV)

Link: http://picapic.net/media/GDPDXJR84Q8GV4

AmyMac
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, been wondering this for awhile...did NOBODY like this vid?
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know, I've always liked this song (or at least the Phil Collins version of it, I don't know how Enya fits in but, I've always liked her TOO, so that's pretty intriguing!) so I'd definitely like to see this vid. It's just that I'm on dial-up (and particularly sloooooow dial-up at that ) and it's hard for me to download anything much over 20 MB. Which is why I've only seen 2 of the August contest vids so far, despite the fact I usually try and see every contest vid as soon as I can.

Anyway, if you happen to feel like putting up a smaller sized, more dial-up friendly version, that would be really lovely! If not, then I promise I really will make the attempt to download this one. It'll just take me a while!

You know, I always hate being so needy like this... *grumble, grumble* Oh, my kingdom for high speed Internet!

~Aislynn
easilyjaded
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey! I just watched the video and I enjoyed it for the most part. The clip "..you told me you were drowning....I would not lend a hand" was absolutely amazing and perfect. I liked how you flipped around important objects and people at certain beats too, and the ending was absolutely perfect with Charlie.

Some things I'd like to point out...be careful with clips of people talking when only the song is playing and not their voices too, its very distracting and kind of brings the video down for a little bit. I know, its hard cause all what the LOST people do is talk, but remember there are many silent moments during each scene that you can take advantage of, even if you have to slow the clips down a tiny bit. Also, the scene in the beginning with Jack helping Claire then Boone out felt a little too long, even for a song that began as slow as this. Anyways...those are just some of my suggestions

But those points aside, the video was enjoyable and you did amazing matching the mood of the clips to the mood of the song while also paying attention to the lyrics. In a vid, thats what matters most to me!
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much for the feedback! I've been waiting for some constructive critism like yours! Very helpful, especially about the talking thing, hadn't thought of that. I'm so glad you liked it, I worked really hard on it.

And I have to agree with you about the beginning thing being a little too long, but I wasn't sure what to do differently there that would set up the premise of the show other than showing the crash. Something to think about next time though.

More feedback would be great guys! Would love to know what you think, where I could improve my vid making and such, what you liked/didn't like. I don't take this stuff personally, it's a chance to learn something, so fire away guys!
easilyjaded
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem whatsoever. I love getting insightful feedback too (I even have a video beta, who watches a video still in progress and tells me what I should do differently and what she likes).

Oh, I understand about the beginning. I agree with you putting the scene of the plane crash throughout that interval, but I was thinking along the lines of showing the different people during that plane crash and not just that one part with Jack well, almost, the entire time. (still went smoothly with the song, so it wasn't painful or anything).

But still, a great video and a wonderful entry for a challenge that was so difficult.
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are making me blush! Seriously, when I didn't get any comments about it after I posted it in the Contest forum, or even after it was posted here...I thought " I thought this was great, and no one likes it??" It was a little disconcerting. Like my idea of great was TOTALLY different than other people's idea of great.

One question I do have for you....what did you think about the part with Boone and the fade into and out of the Enya song...that's the one part that I really wasn't sure worked very well. But I've always wanted to do a montage about his death to that song. And I'm interested what someone else thinks of that, and then I'll drop the whole subject. Again, thank you so much.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Videos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: