Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Give em a raise ABC

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lostzilla
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 4:26 am    Post subject: Give em a raise ABC Reply with quote

Quote:
The cast of new US TV show LOST are angrily demanding a pay rise after discovering the DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES cast are paid five times more.

MATTHEW FOX, EVANGELINE LILY and DOMINIC MONAGHAN are disgusted with ABC for paying TERI HATCHER and her co-stars at least $198,000 (GBP110,000) for each episode while they receive a measly $36,000 (GBP20,000).

The series has been sold to over 70 countries worldwide but ABC insist the cast are fairly paid.

And Fox is leading the revolt, he fumes, "To describe our pay as modest is a massive understatement. We're busting our asses for very little recognition."

- ContactMusic.com

I can't belive they pay that much ...for Desperate Houswives?? The most overated show in television history!

Lost cast should be paid more! This is outrageous.

http://www.dontalmostgive.org
MovieGuy
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I FLIPPINGHATE DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES!!
Hollywood
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMFG really? Lost is a way better show then Desperate Housewives in my opinion anyway.
l've tried to watch that show a couple of times but l just couldn't get into it. Too boring.
But thats crazy, WTF abc?
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hollywood wrote:
OMFG really? Lost is a way better show then Desperate Housewives in my opinion anyway.

Erase that part. IT IS A WAY BETTER SHOW. DH is just a lot of pissy whores dating their gardeners and shit.
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DH is an over-hyped soap
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you really surprised that they pay the cast of Desperate Housewives more than the Lost cast?

The whole cast of DH look like a bunch of spoiled princesses if you ask me.

I suppose ABC should start paying the "Lost" actors more. Though I have very little sympathy for actors complaining about their salaries.

Even at the current rate of pay the "Lost" actors make more for one little episode than I make in an entire year working my hellish job.

Wow, I'm really bitter today. This contest vid is eating my brain.

Geekdom abounds.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[cough]Higher pay means characters must be killed off [/cough]

This doesn't surprise me one bit that they get lower pay. They have to split the pay between 14 (now 12 I guess.... well 13 with Lucia) rather than the pety 4 desperate housewives. If Fox doesn't see that, then I hope he doesn't value his job too much they can either give them a raise, yet chop many other funds and/or characters from lost, or they can call their bluff and replace any acter who quits... same outcome anyway... people will have to go
Then again, maybe ABC won't totally ****-up this time. But if they can't change by now, then when will they? They didn't even show all the rerun episodes this summer, so newcomers couldn't get into the show. And don't forget the numerous holes between episodes last season, and that not-so-great "Lost: The Journey". If they're that stupid, then what CAN they do right?

Damn though... this CAN'T be good...
Maybe they can lower the DH's wages instead?

Last edited by Hobbes on Tue Aug 30, 2005 9:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ebizmybef74
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah Hobbes you made me see it in a different light. It does make sense now that they're being paid less since there are 13 characters. But it still makes me so sad that Desp. Housewives are being paid soooooooo much and they've only been there for one season. (same with Lost but Lost is better.)

Banner: Shinythings
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plus, the Lost actors should probably be getting more than Desperate Housewives ANYWAY since they have to make all those action shots, and work in poorer conditions (though it IS Hawaii, after all ). The wages really aren't fair, but as I said: changing them could definitely mean concequences... ABC could very-well force J.J. to make some cuts to pay for it. I just hope those guys are prepared for this set of news and have some way to bypass it WITHOUT cutting characters left and right...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
meandi
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 11:42 am    Post subject: Re: Give em a raise ABC Reply with quote

lostzilla wrote:

I can't belive they pay that much ...for Desperate Houswives?? The most overated show in television history!

I agree with you!!!!!! DH may be good, but not ANYWHERE NEAR LOST!!!!!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Talk All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: