Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

October Contest Information
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Contest Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:19 am    Post subject: October Contest Information Reply with quote

October 2009
Contest: "Night of the Living Crossovers"
Deadline: November 3rd - extended

The Details:

It's that time of year again. Halloween. The month we've come to expect terrifying videos of monsters, ghosts and ghouls or just plain evil!losties attacking each other. But this month has a little bit of a twist.

Have you ever watched Alien and thought maybe you could have those crazy monsters attacking out losties in the Hatch? Or thought that the creepy little girl from The Ring might just decide to terrorize our favourite islanders? Well then this is the month for you!

What we're after is horror movie Crossovers! We want you to meld a freaky film with Lost and create some sort of ultra-mega-scary Lost Crossover. Ever seen Ramalama by aradnea? That's what we're talking about

Since we're talking Crossovers, AU's are most definitely ok. In fact, they're required You are also very welcome to use footage of our Losties from other projects. But as always; make sure it is at least half Lost footage!

We're after movies here, not television shows so please make sure you pick a great movie; we want a fully-fledged creepy mother of a vid combining our losties with a Horror flick. You can use footage from the losties in other TV shows and movies they've done, but make sure to crossover with a Horror movie as well.

We are aware that it is rough for some people to find the clips they're after so we suggest looking on YouTube for suitable clips from trailers, teasers and the movies themselves hosted there (but we ask you please do not clip theft another person's video) and then downloading them with Zamzar.

Have loads of fun; and remember to freak our freak!

The Rules

Specific Contest Rules:
• - Create a Crossover video (no trailers, please, we're looking for full videos) with Lost and a Horror movie.
• - No Horror Television shows, must be at least half Lost footage.
• - Running time should be no longer than 5 minutes. We suggest the 3 - 5 minute range.
• -The more creative, the better. Don't be afraid to take risks.
• -When entering your video on the Submit page, you MUST enter "October 2009 contest submission" exactly in your vid's description.

General Contest Rules:

• -Contest submissions should be entered through the Submit page.
• -All regular submissions rules apply.
• -Only one entry per vidder.
• -Videos already submitted and RELEVANT can be submitted again, but we would rather see something fresh. (Please contact a CM if you wish to enter a previously-submitted video)
• -Please do not use Megaupload, Rapidshare or Yousendit as your only link to host your files.
• -Keep in mind that however you choose to host your video, it must be available for viewing at least until the end of the contest. If we can not access your video at the time of judgment it will not be considered.
• -Have fun!

Last edited by littleton_pace on Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:21 am; edited 3 times in total
FaradayLinus
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cool comp already sort of have a movie in mind
xSoppySofax
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh cool love this comp. I did something like this last year hehehehehe will have to think of something i not done yet.

*credit to stuff-and-thangs for the banner
Belle MacFarlane
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wanna clarify, does Dead Set count as a TV show or movie? Because it's a movie that was broadcast on TV in several episodes, but it's as one movie on the DVD.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would Jurassic Park qualify as a horror movie to use? It's action/horror, I suppose. People get ripped apart by monsters, they're running most of the movie, people split up and get killed, involves a science experiment gone wrong... quite a few horror cliches already!
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hm; I'll double check about Jurassic Park allie I've seen a few Lost crossovers to it online and they are deifinitely action I wouldn't classify it as horror; I'll confer with the others though and get back to you

I don't know that much about Dead Set, Belle, but everything I look into it classifies it as a TV series so, sorry to say, it doesn't qualify

Belle MacFarlane
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just double checked the DVD:

Quote:
The entire series was released on a one disc DVD on 3 November, 2008. The running time for the DVD is 138 minutes.

EDIT:
Ah, okay I don't know many other horrors, but I'll think.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, horror movies can be action-y. Most are, actually. lol An article on Jurassic Park IV was featured on "horrormovies.com" filed under the genre "general horror" and they also announced it finally being made at a horror movie festival. Also, JP is featured on Halloween Horror Nights at Universal Studios, the company that made it. And Amazon classifies it as horror/action adventure/sci-fi.

Quote:
Perhaps the greatest dinosaur film ever made, "Jurassic Park" features brilliant special effects, wonderful acting and a great plotline filled with suspense and horror. (part of summary on Amazon)

Last edited by SassyLostie2 on Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:24 am; edited 2 times in total
emzdesign
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Belle MacFarlane wrote:
Just double checked the DVD:

Quote:
The entire series was released on a one disc DVD on 3 November, 2008. The running time for the DVD is 138 minutes.

EDIT:
Ah, okay I don't know many other horrors, but I'll think.

Dead Set was about the zombies, right? You could use Resident Evil instead
littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeh; its considered a TV series Belle and we're after motion picutres here.

Allie, we discussed it and Jurassic Park is not the type of thing we're after. Something like the Ring or Silent Hill would be acceptable; I love Jurassic Park and never even thought of it as Horror. We're after a spooky vid for Halloween month

SassyLostie2
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, but you might want to specify that you won't accept just anything listed under the horror genre, but that you want specifically slasher or supernatural type horror films rather than this type.

Last edited by SassyLostie2 on Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Belle MacFarlane
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's okay, I thought of another one ^_^ no claiming system this time, right?
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, and not to be an ass, but out of mere curiosity, why no horror tv shows? There are a few horror mini series (only a few episodes) that have the same spooky look that you want as horror movies.
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeh Belle, no claiming system.

Well, I think the rules are pretty clear on what we're after. Ghost. Monsters. Goblins. Plus we gave examples of what we're after. And it's a Halloween contest; so that gives you a good idea of the type of scariness we're after. If you had a query about your movie; we're happy to discuss it

We said no to TV shows to avoid people using like a demon from Supernatural or something. Plus the challenge of movies is more fun

EMMALOUISE
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a quick question i was thinking of doing the hand that rocks the cradle its thriller/horror but theres no ghosts or monsters would it qulify or should i rethink. thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Contest Talk All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 1 of 13

Jump to: