Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Metal Gear Lost" by Snapefan

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Snapefan
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:01 am    Post subject: "Metal Gear Lost" by Snapefan Reply with quote

***Automated Message***
"Metal Gear Lost" 06-24-2009
Well, I adore the music, and I wanted to use it for a video. But then I thought Id do it... Metal Gear style! I guess (some of) it makes sense if you are familiar with the series, if not... I hope you enjoy the video anyway
Song: Metal Gear Solid (main theme) by Harry Gregson-Williams
Vidder: Snapefan
Length: 4:14 (64MB WMV)

Link(s): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCsl6Lkaem4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCsl6Lkaem4

Last edited by Snapefan on Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Zodiac48
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:08 am    Post subject: Metal Gear Lost by Snapefan Reply with quote

hah this is kool
Snapefan
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Zodiac!!!
IChangedTheRules
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:13 pm    Post subject: Metal Gear Lost by Snapefan Reply with quote

that was soooooooo good, loved the ending!
eloramoon
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:18 am    Post subject: Metal Gear Lost by Snapefan Reply with quote

I'm not familiar with the game, but I thought it was really clever and fun to watch, anyway! Even aside from the video game context, I liked the way the clips went with the music and it was cool how it made the show look like it was about something completely different. I loved the way you edited in the MGS2 logo, and how you did the ending. That was really awesome! Very inventive and well done!
Snapefan
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IChangedTheRules Thank you! For the scene with Sun I have to thank Kat (littleton_pace), since she helped me find that scene with all the cardboard boxes

Elora I'm so glad you liked it!
At the beginning I simply wanted to do some generic "epic" Lost vid using that music (my previous vids were both "comedy") but then I realized I could actually do something like this. So the fact that you don't need to know those games to enjoy it makes me very happy

It's funny that when I showed it to two friends of mine who are fans of the Metal Gear series they said "wait, but then Lost is a shameless plagiarism of MG!?!?!? The situations, the characters..."
I told them that it's not how it looks, that the sexy blonde sniper is not... well, a sniper, that the good/bad twins (Jack and Sawyer) are both good and NOT brothers, that the guy with the gas mask doesn't always wear it, etc... (they do freeze C4 explosive with coolant spray though, which is something I didn't think anyone would actually do )
In the end they still thought there were a lot of similarities... but then I showed them Sophie's "Bendiana Jones" trailer and they didn't know what to think anymore. In any case now they'll both start watching Lost (not because of the similarities, just because they're curious) and I'm 100% sure they'll soon be hooked
blackwolf1480
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 3:45 pm    Post subject: Metal Gear Lost by Snapefan Reply with quote

Great idea to do this! It's so cool and epic to watch
Charmed_Charlee
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:26 pm    Post subject: Metal Gear Lost by Snapefan Reply with quote

Oooh very cool idea!
The use of vantage point was brill! Ace job!
Snapefan
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aww thank you for the comments!!!
Charlee thanks! Vantage Point was the first thing that came to my mind when I needed a "badass Jack" scene
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Videos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: