Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"The Second Time Around" by dayln03

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dayln03
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:42 am    Post subject: "The Second Time Around" by dayln03 Reply with quote

***Automated Message***
"The Second Time Around" 06-22-2009
one meets his destiny often on the road he takes to avoid it -- french proverb
Song: Glow by UNKLE
Vidder: dayln03
Length: 1:40 (38mb AVI)

Warning: Contains Mature Themes

Link(s): http://wtf-ever.everydamnthing.net/videos/LOST%20Videos/TheSecondTimeAround_Xvid_dayln03.zip
http://vimeo.com/5269918

SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:08 am    Post subject: The Second Time Around by dayln03 Reply with quote

Is it weird to C&P my comments from LJ? Cause I am gonna:

Yay! You finally posted! I love your reasoning behind this. And I love the "caught in a loop" aspect of it. It makes me want to write fic along that vein.

Haha I can't believe you actually dove in and made a Jack/Claire vid. It's perfect, ethereal, them.

I think one of my absolute favorite things in this is the overlays of the Jacob video. Very fitting. We are the cause of our own suffering. Indeed. (And of course, the manips, and the angst(!!), and the moment before Jack drops the bomb, and clocks and time-travel and equations and Daniel explains it all, etc.)

Thank you so much for making this! If you weren't my hero before, it's official now.

Oh! And I love the cover art!

And one thing not from LJ that I forgot to mention cause I think I said to you over gtalk or the phone but I love the titles. They are so cool looking and the way it spins in the beginning and then lands on "second" love that. The movie reels are perfect for the "caught in a loop" theme.

GO you!
ciaimpala
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AMAZING!!!

I was SO excited to see a new video from you-I'm assuming you are no longer posting on YT, and my Vimeo account got shut down-is there somewhere else I can see your vids so I don't miss any?

This was so incredible-it was one of the most visually striking videos I've ever seen, with the masterful overlays, the coloring, the effects, the intricate and anything but simple storyline, and the word use. Seriously amazing.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:05 am    Post subject: The Second Time Around by dayln03 Reply with quote

Words can't describe how thrilled I am to see a new Lost video from you! That was absolutely stunning, I adore your use of overlays, the colouring was gorgeous and the manipulated scenes were very convincing! The quick flashes at 0:46-0:48 were just gorgeous, I *love* it when vidders do things like that. (It's something I've been trying to do myself!) And then there was the ending, with the clips in reverse under all the lovely overlays and also Jacob's video, guuuuuuuuuh.

Perfection. Seriously, this was just wonderful in so many ways!

My only complaint? Too short. Hee!
Uruviel
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovely, & interesting! Nice work, and I'm glad to see new vid from you!
Deia
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yay dayln is back! I love all your videos! This one was amazing.I really loved the atmosphere of it! great manips and editing! I really enjoyed it! Nice job

find me on tumblr: http://m--tyrell.tumblr.com/
Devera
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 4:23 am    Post subject: The Second Time Around by dayln03 Reply with quote

Beautiful and angsty video--the editing was beautiful.
littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay!! Dayln's back!! very very awesome vid!!! you make Jaire so seemlessly! your manips are without a doubt the best I've ever seen; the kisses were phoenomenal great song too!! very Lost as was the editing and the use of that weird jacob vid awesome work here!

dayln03
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SuperKC: Thank you again! It's not weird It's a lovely comment and I was flattered to receive it even once! I'm glad you like the title sequence as well, I'm glad it worked with the whole loopy theme!

ciaimpala: Aw thank you SO much! I'm really glad you liked the effects and things. And that you enjoyed it even though the storyline was kinda hard to follow hee Well if you have a livejournal account you can watch this community. Or you can watch my website (which I haven't updated with this vid yet but i'll get there lol). Thanks again!

Jen: Haha aw well thank you very much Jen! I'm thrilled that you enjoyed it! I'm really glad all the effects worked for you, that's always a relief to hear

Uruviel: Thank you very much! I'm glad you enjoyed it

Deia: Thank you! It makes me very excited to hear that you enjoyed the atmosphere of the vid. Thank you for watching!

Devera: Thank you so much! I'm glad you liked it

littleton_pace: Thank you! Aw thank you SO much about the manips! What a compliment Who knew that the Jacob vid would come in so handy Thanks for watching hon!

And thank ya'll SO SO much for the gold awards! I can't tell you how much I appreciate it! It's such a wonderful reward

--KC's Wife! --
emmasholi
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:09 pm    Post subject: The Second Time Around by dayln03 Reply with quote

WOAH! This is like mind blowingly indredible!!! Absolutely loved it...everything about it is just so darn perfect! The whole thing was just so mesmerizing and the feel of the vid worked absolutely perfect with the song. I loved all the overlays and the colouring was stunning! I could watch this vid all day it's so awesome! Such and inspiring piece of work...complete masterpiece!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Videos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: