Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Icon? Help please!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LostOnThisIsland

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 2:37 am    Post subject: Icon? Help please! Reply with quote

I have a question, how do I get an icon? Do I even have an icon, this is my first time posting. Can someone help me please?
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you click show gallery at the bottom of your profile it will bring up some ones you can use.

Alternatively you could use one you have.. find one

then goto www.photobucket.com sign up, upload the icon to your account and copy the IMG tags for it to the 'link to offsite avatar' in your profile.
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, LostOnThisIsland! Welcome to LVI!

As to your question, go into your Profile and you'll see at the bottom that you can either pick an avatar from the ones available or you can use one of your own.

To make your own avatar (and sig banner, for that matter), you'll need a program like Photoshop or Paintshop Pro. If you don't have a program like that, you can try asking for someone to make one for you and usually somebody will.

After you have your picture saved to your computer, you have to find someplace to host it. Photobucket is one a lot of people use because it's free:

http://www.photobucket.com/

After you create your Photobucket account and upload your pictures, you go back to your LVI profile and at "Link to off-site Avatar" copy and paste the link for your avatar that Photobucket will give you. To put up a sig banner, go to where it says "Signature" in your Profile and enter [IMG]*the link to your Photobucket pic*[/IMG] but without the * and that should work.

Hope that helps!

~Aislynn
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, Paul! You type faster and I'm a lot longer winded, so you won!

~Aislynn
Whitney

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's not really much I can add that they haven't already covered. n_n' But welcome to LVI! (I'm pretty new, too.)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
LostOnThisIsland

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 4:43 pm    Post subject: Thank you Reply with quote

Ok, Thanks a lot you guys!
LostOnThisIsland

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 5:23 pm    Post subject: wow Reply with quote

Ok, yay I did it, but I have another question, How do you get words on your avatars, and how do you make them flash different pictures?
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 4:45 am    Post subject: Re: wow Reply with quote

LostOnThisIsland wrote:
Ok, yay I did it, but I have another question, How do you get words on your avatars, and how do you make them flash different pictures?

You've got to have an animation program of some kind, such as Animation Shop (what I use). You create several different "frames" in something like Paintshop Pro, (again, what I use... ) then import them into Animation Shop, set the time you want each frame to show, then save it as a .gif file. It has to be .gif for it to have any sort of motion.

Or you can ask somebody to make one for you! The easiest thing unless you happen to have the right software to do it yourself!

Hope that helps!

~Aislynn
LostOnThisIsland

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 4:45 pm    Post subject: Thank you Reply with quote

Ok thank you. I don't think I have those programs. That's ok though. Thanks for helping me out though!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Whatever All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: