Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Eyes on Me (Spoof)" by Alexis Rockford & Cass

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LVI Bot

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 6:03 am    Post subject: "Eyes on Me (Spoof)" by Alexis Rockford & Cass Reply with quote

"Eyes on Me (Spoof)" 07-14-2005
How NOT to do a vid: ratio changes, slomo, bad editing, and montage footage galore. Not too mention the ever-annoying cross-gender song. C/C fluff.
Song: Eyes on Me by Faye Wong
Vidder: Alexis Rockford & Cassandra Elise
Length: 5:37 (9.3 WMV)

Link: http://www.putfile.com/media.php?n=Eyes-On-Me_CC

Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use slomo when it fits with the music that's okay right? One thing I've been guilty of is getting frames caught at the end of changing clips watch out for that!

lol at them fighting at the end so totally out of place

What do you mean by cross-gender like the lyrics saying she when its about a he not sure what you mean.
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, slomo is fine unless the whole vid is slomo, then it gets boring fast. This vid is almost entirely in slow, and it was my demo vid when I first got WMM, so I just was messing around.

Yeah, cross-gender is especially bad when it says "she" and it's about a "he," but it can also be annoying if the song is clearly about a male/female and is used for the opposite. In this case the song originally went, "How can I let you know I'm more than the dress and the voice." I took out "the dress" to make it fit Charlie more, which works, but makes the vid choppy.

Penny: All we need to survive is one person who truly loves us.

Jate Forever!

Avi and banner made by Uruviel
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
MoreLight
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I liked this vid and even though you say it is a spoof I think it works as a regular vid even in spite of the cross-gender thing. This song reminded me of all the silly over the top anime romantic interludes between the attack of the generic-giant space armor/monster/villain and the hopelessly outnumbered heros. Nice choice of clips too. A keeper. Thanks for sharing this!

My lost music vids
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Videos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: