Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Your Minds Made Up" by ChicaFrom3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChicaFrom3
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:10 am    Post subject: "Your Minds Made Up" by ChicaFrom3 Reply with quote

***Automated Message***
"Your Minds Made Up" 07-21-2008
Desmond. Penny. True love. Spurned fate. Money. Determination. Bravery. Cowardice. A photograph. Time travel. And most important of all, the tenuous connection of telephone lines. A somewhat more bitter take on the pairing than my usual.
Song: When Your Minds Made Up by The Frames
Vidder: ChicaFrom3
Length: 03:18 (27.43 MB WMV)

Link(s): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OkrNwhMpMY
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=C1W3I6LD

littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:09 am    Post subject: Your Minds Made Up by ChicaFrom3 Reply with quote

first off, loved the text effects at the start and you had pretty spot on lyric interpretation - well done! mark of a true vidder!!! something I look out for and love when I see done so well in the future I'd suggest cutting the scenes on the beat a bit more to keep the vid interesting to watch. I loved your audio use as well i also loved how you had the theme of Des being called a coward and wanting to redeem himself for that. well done again!
IamSoLostRightNow
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:05 am    Post subject: Your Minds Made Up by ChicaFrom3 Reply with quote

This was very nice. I love the song (yay Once!). I agree with Kat. You should try to follow the pace of the song. The beginning is slower, so you can really take your time and focus on people's facial expressions. Use slow-motion and zoom. Then when it picks up again you can cut faster to the beat. Pace is very important. I liked the audio you used but I think it could have been tighter. You have to think of audio like extra lyrics to the song. Try to get it to flow and keep up with the pace of the music. The ending also felt a little rushed which was a shame because the music just slowed down again. But I totally agree with Kat. I liked your lyric interpretation and you did a great job of carrying a theme for the DesPenny relationship. I can't wait to see more from you. We love DesPenny vids!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Videos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: