Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dr. Who on Sci-Fi Channel
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
IntoTheVoid
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

David Tennant is so much love. Honestly.

"Jack is the guy she should be with.
She does genuinely love him.
And she knows that he would take excellent care of her." - Damon Lindelof
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ais, you need to see this vid here. It's such a wonderful tribute to Donna:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ouz79QW7E3Y

Last edited by KajaM on Sat Jul 12, 2008 11:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
IntoTheVoid
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That video is really awesome Donna

I wish she could've stayed with The Doctor..

Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IntoTheVoid wrote:
WHO WANTS THE ULTIMATE FUN FLUFF DOC/ROSE VIDEO?

Cos I just made it.

Doctor/Rose - You and Me Song

YAY! I GIVE THIS VID THE CAPSLOCK OF SQUEE APPROVAL! Loved it, hon!

KajaM wrote:
Ais, you need to see this vid here. It's such a wonderful tribute to Donna:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ouz79QW7E3Y

Oh, that was just gorgeous! Thanks so much for reccing it! *sob* I'm going to miss Donna so much! But I'm so happy she's getting even more fandom love now than even before! She deserves awesome vids like that! Thanks again! Now, I can't wait to see your Donna vid hopefully soon! ♥! (I had a new Donna idea come crowding in so I've switched from my Nine/Rose vid over to that temporarily. But I'll be back to Nine/Rose next! )
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aislynn wrote:
I'm going to miss Donna so much! But I'm so happy she's getting even more fandom love now than even before! She deserves awesome vids like that! Thanks again!

I will miss her, too. She was the best companion the Doctor ever had... you know, in a non-romantic, but nonetheless loving, caring and sincere way. I hope she will be back for a guest appearance though (... in which we will find out that she had a uber-romantic happy ending with Lee or Captain Jack ).

I'm finding it hard to believe that we won't see any of our beloved characters again... and that we might even get a new Doctor next season. I don't want a new Doctor!!!

Quote:
Now, I can't wait to see your Donna vid hopefully soon! ♥! (I had a new Donna idea come crowding in so I've switched from my Nine/Rose vid over to that temporarily. But I'll be back to Nine/Rose next! )

Yay!! Another Donna vid! Of course, I am dying to see your Nine/Rose vid, but I'm really looking forward to your Donna vid, too. You have a great feeling for this character and I'm sure it'll be awesome!!

I will try to have the Donna vid up as soon as I can, I promise. The song has a pretty tricky beat use though, I'm still struggling with that.
I don't want to tease you but I think you will probably like the fact that the vid will be full of Donna/Doctor friendshippyness and that it evolves on the idea of Donna being the Doctor's "better half". (Oh dear, I'm such a tease, huh? )

Here's another vid rec. It's a pre-S4 vid and rather simple, but I totally loved it nonetheless. Beware though, it's a real heartbreaker!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUUZyNv2RIE
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That video was so good Karolina!

I love what Billie said about the Rose/alt!ten situation in the finale.

"I always *something* the scene with that moment in Beauty and the Beast when she, when Belle kisses the Beast and he turns into a man, and you're really happy that he's human but you're also really upset that the Beast is gone, and I always felt like that at the end *LOLZ* I DONT KNOW WHERE I'M GOING WITH THIS! But I always felt like, I always felt like she shouldnt be kissing that number 2, and that, he's not the same - it's all abit weird(!)"

and then she goes on to say,

"It's never really the end for the Doctor and Rose.. or maybe it is?! Maybe i'm the one who cant let go!"

oh Billie. PLEASE. FIGHT YOUR WAY BACK INTO THE SHOW.

And yes, I so dont want David Tennant to leave. PLEASE! There was that rumor going around that James Nesbitt might be the new Doctor. UHM NO. NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO. He is AWEFUL. And he's norhtern irish and i've never heard his english accent so we dont even know if it's good, and just.. NO! He's not good looking enough either!

KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love Billie's Beauty and the Beast comparison! She's so right about that, too. Of course you're happy that Rose gets some sort of happy ending, but it doesn't feel quite right cause you know it should've been the other Doctor (aka the Beast *snigger*) who has a happy ending with Rose, not the human one.

IntoTheVoid wrote:
It's never really the end for the Doctor and Rose.. or maybe it is?! Maybe i'm the one who cant let go!"

oh Billie. PLEASE. FIGHT YOUR WAY BACK INTO THE SHOW.!

Oh yes, please!!! If Tennant leaves the show though, I quite doubt that we're going to see Rose again.

Quote:
And yes, I so dont want David Tennant to leave. PLEASE! There was that rumor going around that James Nesbitt might be the new Doctor. UHM NO. NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO. He is AWEFUL. And he's norhtern irish and i've never heard his english accent so we dont even know if it's good, and just.. NO! He's not good looking enough either

While I don't mind Nesbitt (I actually even liked him in "Cold Feet"), I can't really picture him as the new Doctor. Well as a matter of fact, after those two great Doctors, wonderfully portrayed by Ecclecston and Tennant, I don't want to see anybody else as the new Doctor. It doesn't seem right, too, just like the Rose/Doctor thing... or like taking Donna away from us.
I'm not looking forward to S5.... it'll be depressing and heartbreaking *sigh*

By the way.... speaking of broken hearts: I've got two new fic recs that could make Rose/human Doctor look a tad better. I enjoyed both of them a lot:

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4373901/4/A_Life_Well_Lived
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4373209/5/New_New_Life

Moreover, Ais send me a link to this amazing Human Doctor LJ (i.e. someone posting as the human Doctor after the events of Journey's end). You have to read this, Charlie and Elle. I was laughing so hard, it's hilarious!

http://clone-doctor.livejournal.com/2008/07/06/

Thank you so much for the link, Ais!! It totally made my day!!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always liked the idea of John Simm as the new Doctor cause I liked him in Life on Mars but I kinda hope they don't do that now cause he's already played the master. It annoyed me even that Martha was on the show before as another character and died I believe in an earlier episode.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love John Simm!!! I'm currently downloading S1 of Life on Mars because so many people recommended it. I agree with you though, Paul. If they bring him back, it should be as the Master again. He was so good in that role!

I was joking with a friend the other day that they could bring Dom Monaghan in as the new Doctor and James Callis ("Baltar" from Battlestar Galactica) as the new Master. Ohhhhh, that would be so good!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Karolina omgosh That journal made me laugh so much tehe.

Ooooh I love John Simm, yeah I've always loved the idea of him coming back as the new doctor and I wouldn't mind them doing that because it would make things interesting since he was the mastee tehe.

Lolz Karolina, oh yes Dom <3
IntoTheVoid
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I LOVED John Simm as the idea of The Doctor. Life on Mars was great.

Also Dom is a very good choice too

Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*does cartwheels* My s1 and s2 DVD sets came in the mail today, yippee!!!! (I finally found 'em on a sale with a gift thingie so that I could nab 'em!) *huggles them* Now just to wait until November (I think) when s4 comes out... Hey, maybe they'll pack it with s3 in a good deal and the circle can no be complete -- Wait, I think I drifted into Star Wars [/Darth Vader] voice there for a minute.

Hee, I'm glad you guys enjoyed that clone_doctor Livejournal! Isn't that just the funnest thing?

I'm considering giving Life on Mars a try as well, just 'cause I enjoy John Simm so much! Have you started watching it yet, Karolina?

*does more cartwheels before running to watch her shiny new DVDs* ♥♥♥!!!
IntoTheVoid
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Life on Mars is also HILARIOUS. I deffs recommend it. John Simm's name is even Sam Tyler haha.

Do you know what it's about?

KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aislynn wrote:
*does cartwheels* My s1 and s2 DVD sets came in the mail today, yippee!!!! (I finally found 'em on a sale with a gift thingie so that I could nab 'em!) *huggles them* Now just to wait until November (I think) when s4 comes out... Hey, maybe they'll pack it with s3 in a good deal and the circle can no be complete -- Wait, I think I drifted into Star Wars [/Darth Vader] voice there for a minute.

*sigh* Lucky you!! The DW DVD sets are so expensive over here! (Plus, in Germany, there's only the S1 box set available atm). I've been considering buying them at the British Amazon because they're cheaper there than over here.

Quote:
Hee, I'm glad you guys enjoyed that clone_doctor Livejournal! Isn't that just the funnest thing?

Oh yes, it's so good! I'm checking it every morning and every evening, always looking forward to the newest post. Isn't it sweet... in a weird twisted way... how he keeps stalking Donna?

Quote:
I'm considering giving Life on Mars a try as well, just 'cause I enjoy John Simm so much! Have you started watching it yet, Karolina?

No, not yet. Downloading the episodes takes quite a while for me, unfortunately, since I don't download the episodes one by one, but in a complete S1/S2 package I've finished downloading the first three or four episodes of Torchwood though and I should be able to watch them once this week is over (it's my last "official" week a university, gah!! ).

Quote:
Do you know what it's about?

As far as I know, John Simm plays a cop who kinda crash-lands in the Seventies after an accident and, being stuck there, he tries to adjust to his new life and to get back to his work as a cop? Something like that?
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, basically he is in a car crash and goes into a coma, and wakes up in the 70s. Throughout the series he to find out the reason why he's there, as he thinks that if he does that, he will be able to wake up in present day. And yeah, he finds himself getting attached to there, slowly.

It's very good

Gene Hunt is HILAR. The two are like, partners in crime and comedy haha.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 15 of 19

Jump to: