Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

June Contest Information
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Contest Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wolffootball37
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 7:10 am    Post subject: June Contest Information Reply with quote

JUNE 2008
Contest: “We have to go BAAAAAAACK!”
Deadline: July 5th -- Extended!

The Details

The 4th season has come and gone, with many twists and turns to rattle our minds over the summer. We have discovered who the “Oceanic 6” are, found out who was in the coffin, and discovered the the ghastly (and vanishing) fate rest of the castaways… so far! Season 4 was about getting off the island, where as season 5 will be getting back TO the island! In the famous last words of shaggy, half-sober, Jack; “We have to go BAAAACK”, it’s YOUR job as the vidder, to figure out how exactly will the oceanic 6 get back to the island! Will they group up and scout for the island? Will Ben lead them there through some of other kind of frozen cranking device? What about the survivors left on the island? Will they find the Oceanic 6? Will Claire come to kick Kate’s but and get her baby back? Even though Ben said they all have to go back together, we'll give you the option for this contest to focus on any of the Oceanic 6 alone, several of them, or all of them together getting back to the Island. The next part of the story is all up to you guys!
The Rules

Specific Contest Rules:

* - Must show what happens to the some or all of the Oceanic 6 from this point in the story of Lost. Show how they will get back.
* -The more creative, the better. Don't be afraid to take risks.
* -Running time should be no longer than 5 minutes. We suggest the 3 - 5 minute range.
* -When entering your video on the Submit page, you MUST enter "June 2008 contest submission" exactly in your vid's Description.

General Contest Rules:

* -Contest submissions should be entered through the Submit page
* -All regular submissions Rules apply.
* -Only one entry per vidder
* -Videos already submitted and RELEVANT can be submitted again, but we would rather see something fresh. (Please contact a CM if you wish to enter a previously-submitted video)
* -Please do not use Megaupload, Rapidshare or Yousendit to host your files.
* -Keep in mind that however you choose to host your video, it must be available for download at least until the end of the month. If we can not access your video at the time of judgment it will not be considered.
* -Have fun!

-Trey, LVI Council.
littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

im so psyched for this comp! i dunno what I'll do yet...but im sure it'll be Claire involved

Captain Freya
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oooohhh.. this sounds cool. I kinda have an idea... hmmm.. I have an idea that I could adapt in a really twisted, strange little way... I don't know how I could pull it off.
I have a couple questions (Oh, Freya has queries - How... 'fresh'!)
Can some of their life off the island be AU or do we have to adhere to the fashforwards that we've already seen?
and
Do they have to get back in any kind of sensible way i.e, boat, time machine (because time machines now seem sensible to me!) or can it be kinda insane and odd? Like make, very very very little sense

littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll ask the others and get back to ya Freya but twisted and strange from you is always awesome

ill check with the others; but i think getting back to the island can be as AU as you like since we dont actualyl know how they do it yet. but as i said; ill get back to ya

Captain Freya
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OKey dokey. Thanks. I know I've been a bit vague but I didn't want to give away my idea - It's like, completely random though.
I suppose the first bit of the idea isn't too 'gasp-worthy' - I kinda wanna show that Jack and Kate get into a crazy, self-destructive relationship after rescue and they can either destroy themselves or go back.. That's the AU thing I was asking about - Like, I didn't wanna stick to their happy family flashforward.

littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ahh; coolies i think that should be ok since, for all we know, they hook up again and end up that way as long as its not like a Skate f/foward i think it'll be fine; since sawyer's on the island and all. I'll check for sure and get back to ya

Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay another PU contest! Cool idea look forward to see what people come up with.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, I'd like to do this contest... I'll have to think of something! *sets thoughts in motion*

icon by becca
Lostwithoutdom
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmmm I think I already have a vid started that could fit with this! I'll have to see, it's almost done. This sounds like a really awesome contest, I can't wait to see all the entries!

banner by: everythingwasfallingapart on tumblr
nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome!! I've been waiting for another PU contest!! YES!!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Captain Freya wrote:
OKey dokey. Thanks. I know I've been a bit vague but I didn't want to give away my idea - It's like, completely random though.
I suppose the first bit of the idea isn't too 'gasp-worthy' - I kinda wanna show that Jack and Kate get into a crazy, self-destructive relationship after rescue and they can either destroy themselves or go back.. That's the AU thing I was asking about - Like, I didn't wanna stick to their happy family flashforward.

Sos it took so long to reply Freya we discussed and agreed that yes; you can show some of the oceanic 6's off island life as long as the main story is them getting back to the island since that's the theme of the contest

And as for how they get back; totally up to you. to quote Ais:
Aislynn wrote:
If they can convincingly bring in the starship Enterprise and make it look like they're all beamed up then back down to the Island, then I'd say go for it!

Hope that helps!

fabri086
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, I ve a couple of questions, me too
the vid must be centric on how the Oceanic 6 (several of them or all of them) come back to the island.. but do we have to show what happens next, too, like a season 5 possible opening? or can we end the vid with them, for example, arriving them, meeting the other survivors, etc.. ??
I'm kinda confused about this..
thanks in advance

Last edited by fabri086 on Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:35 am; edited 1 time in total
nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is non Lost footage allowed and if so how much?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fabri and Nikki, we'll confer and get back to you!
eloramoon
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

COOL!!! This sounds AWESOME! I am really excited to see the entries for this one. I'd love to enter it, but dang!!! It sounds like a pretty big challenge and I don't know if I could pull it off! LOL!

Hey... what does the "P" in "PU" stand for???

(((HUGS)))

~ Julia
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Contest Talk All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: