Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

4x10 - Something Nice Back Home Episode Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
HobbitRockGod
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lostwithoutdom wrote:
I don't understand why when Charlie fans were going on and on about how disappointed we were with the show earlier this season, everyone got mad at us, saying that we were wrong and we should just get over it...
But now it's perfectly fine to rant on and on about how sucky the show is, and bash other characters, just because they're part of the "quadrangle".
I'm not trying to target anyone by saying this, it’s just frustrating. Obviously not everyone is a fan of every character. I just think that we should focus more on the eppys and less on how much we hate certain characters. Sorry, I just had to add my 2 cents.

Oh yeah, I remember really getting yelled at about the Charlie thing.

Anywayz, something funny...did anyone besides me think for a little baby second in that episode, that Kate was having an affair with a woman?? I honestly thought that for a few seconds!!

I hope Skate is revived...Jate to me is just two icky people thrown together in an icky, sticky way...which is just yuck. It has potential to be a good pairing tho.

Whoever said they thought Sawyer was going to find Claire's mangled body - ME TOO! I was so scared!

I wanna know more about Miles. I want him to talk to more ghosts. Like Alex and Charlie!!!

My NEW theory: Christian took Claire back to Jacob's cabin, and Claire is going to choose to stay on the island because Christian and Charlie are working for Jacob and she wants to be with Charlie. Also, Christian isn't a vision because Miles saw him too. (Unless that's something to do with his ghost-hunter-ness, but whatever.)

Excited for next week. YAY CLAIRE!

art by me&tammy
Lostwithoutdom
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FrecklesPhoenix wrote:
Lostwithoutdom wrote:
I don't understand why when Charlie fans were going on and on about how disappointed we were with the show earlier this season, everyone got mad at us, saying that we were wrong and we should just get over it...
But now it's perfectly fine to rant on and on about how sucky the show is, and bash other characters, just because they're part of the "quadrangle".
I'm not trying to target anyone by saying this, it’s just frustrating. Obviously not everyone is a fan of every character. I just think that we should focus more on the eppys and less on how much we hate certain characters. Sorry, I just had to add my 2 cents.

I never jumped on Charlie fans for being mad. It's your right to be mad. As it is mine to be mad.

I'm not a huge Charlie fan, but I see where you guys were coming from. So, yeah, I get what you're saying.

Thanks. I wasn't attacking you or anything like that. I just ment in general, it gets annoying when every post is about how much someone hates a certain character, when this thread is about the eppy. But that being said you definitely have a right to be upset.

banner by: everythingwasfallingapart on tumblr
Distress Signal
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As for the unreal-ness of the Jate-forward... well, what do you expect? Jate has always been unreal and fake since day 1, IMHO. I get diabetes every time they try to "flirt" or make eye contact with each other, and this episode had by far the WORST of pushed, formulaic Jate writing. It always goes something like this:

Kate: cutesy, flippant comment for Jack

Jack: cheeky snort

Kate: cheeky snort in agreeance (note the bad acting that makes this even worse to sit through)

Jack: serious comment

Kate: another cheeky snort

Jack: "what?"

Kate: explains her thoughts

Jack: cheeky snort, looks down (or over to the left), looks back up and makes cutesy sarcastic question

Kate: cheesy grin

Kate: grin fades

If I ever have to hear either of them fake-snort again, I'm going to throw up. To be honest, though, I can stand Jack when he's not with Kate in the FF. I loved all the suspense surrounding him anticipating his dad, and seeing him there. I also found the angsty Jate scene at the end enjoyable. Jack must know he's related to Claire by now.

Yay for Jin threatening Charlotte, and protecting his family.

Second yay for more coverage of Daniel and Charlotte's obvious relationship (although refreshingly not too obvious). I still don't dislike Charlotte and want to give her a chance. I have a feeling, though, that the four of them are only pretending to be clueless about what's really going on. They're trying to gain their trust, while they lie and scheme, knowing that they're all going to be exterminated.

DON'T KILL CLAIRE. You've already killed Danielle, the only strong and interesting female left on Lost, but for God sakes, Claire...... is Claire. That's all I have to say. And Jin too. (but I guess I'm reaching for the stars here)

sig by IslandofMystery
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[wrote this last night but didn't post it]

This is odd. I actually liked Kate in this ep.
Actually, I liked this ep.

The Jate scenes... they were exactly what I expected as the "happy ending" of those two's relationship. It's been clear, since the beginning, Kate was going to end up with Jack. He's the hero. She's always cared about Sawyer, sure, but she's always really been in love with Jack. Sawyer knew it. We knew it (even most Skaters can't help but admit it). And this just kinda proved it. The living together, the proposal, everything... it was just - everything that Jate was destined to be from the start.

But then they had the twist .
I guess Kate's not entirely done with Sawyer yet. heh.
Though I bet it was something innocent, like getting in contact with Cassidy and her kid, the fact Kate was hiding it from Jack, and Jack was that hurt about it... interesting. Perhaps Skate's not over yet. Especially if the next season picks up where I think it will (right after where the flashforwards leave off) and they try to get back to the island.

So, I think this flashforward must be between Kate's trial and Jack's beard (i.e. last season's finale), since it seems like Jack changed his mind about Kate and Aaron after the trial. The newspaper shown in the ep places it as November 2007, about 3 years after the crash, which is interesting. Especially if Sayid's "8 years of my life searching for Nadia" thing is real, in which case that occurs after somehow... And it also means Jack must decide between here and then that he needs to go back. Perhaps further hauntings by his dad?

Oh, that was awesome btw. So happy that ol' Daddy's back. It's funny how a little thing like that - all the way back from White Rabbit - suddenly turns out of be relevant here. Looks like the Island can indeed possess/reanimate/disguise-as the dead. And the fact he could pick Aaron up - ooooooh! Just cool. I love how the pieces are falling into place.
And Claire - ACK!! Oh noez! Well, at least, even if she disappears the rest of this season, she's not "dead". So even though she won't get off the island, at least it's not because she got shot or something. Also, the thought that Sawyer might stay behind on the island to look after "Lil' Sis" Claire is a heartwarming thing. Conmama is moving up the ranks
Restraining order. heh. That Miles!

What those guys did to Carl and Danielle was just sadistic. Burying them just far enough so they wouldn't be found, but enough so they'd be walked on by every man or beast treading through there..? Messed up. Maybe I'm just looking at this wrong, but that seemed pretty sick to me.

I don't trust Charlotte. I don't mind Dan. I don't love either.
Jin getting Sun a place on the helicopter = aw(esome?)

Jack and his stubbornness. Interesting he wouldn't let them knock him out. I don't quite see the point of that all though. I thought his sickness was going to be the reason he gets off the island - but now it's all for nothing! wtf!
Maybe he'll have complications after... hmmm

Oh, and Rose's thing about "WHY did the island let Jack get sick?" - good question! Why did it? Hmmmm...

Hurley's not crazy..

I wonder if this whole time - this whole thing - has all just been about Aaron, and the fact Claire has to raise him. Maybe everything that has happened - Richard Malkin's vision, the crash, Ethan kidnapping Claire, Locke destroying all escapes from the island, and now Charlie telling them all to go back to the island - maybe it's all about Aaron?
Hmmm..

As you can see, I'm in all-inclusive-theory mode. The pieces are starting to fit together. We're getting closer to that big shiny answer (and 4 more big shiny questions along with it! )

I suddenly SO wish there was a Claire episode. Something's going on with her. When Miles violated his "restraining order" by offering to help Claire out, she mentioned that her head was better and she was "at least not seeing things anymore" - zuh?! Was she seeing Charlie?! Was she seeing Christian?! What's going on with that girl?! I'm DYING to know! Also, she just needs a goddamn episode PERIOD. BAH.

Uhhhh... Oh, Juliette is bye-bye. So true what she said about Jack to Kate. I just never bought Jacket. AT ALL. And now Juliette has very little purpose in the show, except as Ben bait. So she's a goner I just know it.

[ETA: After this ep, it seemed like Jate was practically a "swish" - sure thing. But now, after reading Deia's post... I'm not so sure. The one thing that I've always counted on with Lost is that they always have twists. And the one minute you think a twist is going to happen, they throw ANOTHER twist. They just try over and over to go with the option that you never expect.
It almost seems like this "perfect" Jate ep is as much a death sentence to the relationship as if it was completely imperfect. I mean, they had the best conditions possible, they were safe, wealthy, off the island, and in love, and yet... it still didn't work out. Not in the way it should. Jack still didn't trust Kate, Kate still had to act like some docile housewife just to make it work, and in the end Jack still became what he feared most - his dad.
That isn't the happy Jate ending.
If there's hope for Jate, then it has to lie in those two going back to the island and somehow finding a way to fix things. Fix themselves. And get the relationship going where they can be themselves, trust each other, and live without regrets.
BUT - I'm not so sure they will!
Signs are pointing other directions now. Subtle signs. But signs. Just enough so that when the twist comes it will all make sense . lol :
- beardy Jack. He and Kate obviously broken up for a while, and him trying to convince her that they have to go back. For Sawyer.
- Conmama getting the "platonic" stamp. That might be overcome, but right now that's putting a wall on Conmama. Who knows, that wall might just last long enough for Kate to come back.

If there's one thing I've learned from Lost, it's to expect the unexpected. But don't expect it too much, or else THAT becomes the expected, and the previously expected becomes the unexpected heh
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Lostwithoutdom
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hobbles wrote:
I suddenly SO wish there was a Claire episode. Something's going on with her. When Miles violated his "restraining order" by offering to help Claire out, she mentioned that her head was better and she was "at least not seeing things anymore" - zuh?! Was she seeing Charlie?! Was she seeing Christian?! What's going on with that girl?! I'm DYING to know! Also, she just needs a goddamn episode PERIOD. BAH.

YES! Claire definitely needs an episode! There's so much we still need to find out about her!!!

Why do you think Miles is so obsessed with her?? Strange...

banner by: everythingwasfallingapart on tumblr
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Distress Signal wrote:
As for the unreal-ness of the Jate-forward... well, what do you expect? Jate has always been unreal and fake since day 1, IMHO. I get diabetes every time they try to "flirt" or make eye contact with each other, and this episode had by far the WORST of pushed, formulaic Jate writing. It always goes something like this:

Kate: cutesy, flippant comment for Jack

Jack: cheeky snort

Kate: cheeky snort in agreeance (note the bad acting that makes this even worse to sit through)

Kate: another cheeky snort

Jack: "what?"

Kate: explains her thoughts

Jack: cheeky snort, looks down (or over to the left), looks back up and makes cutesy sarcastic question

Kate: cheesy grin

Kate: grin fades

If I ever have to hear either of them fake-snort again, I'm going to throw up. To be honest, though, I can stand Jack when he's not with Kate in the FF. I loved all the suspense surrounding him anticipating his dad, and seeing him there. I also found the angsty Jate scene at the end enjoyable. Jack must know he's related to Claire by now.

Yay for Jin threatening Charlotte, and protecting his family.

Second yay for more coverage of Daniel and Charlotte's obvious relationship (although refreshingly not too obvious). I still don't dislike Charlotte and want to give her a chance. I have a feeling, though, that the four of them are only pretending to be clueless about what's really going on. They're trying to gain their trust, while they lie and scheme, knowing that they're all going to be exterminated.

DON'T KILL CLAIRE. You've already killed Danielle, the only strong and interesting female left on Lost, but for God sakes, Claire...... is Claire. That's all I have to say. And Jin too. (but I guess I'm reaching for the stars here)

lmfao. That is the Jate formula. It's perfect!

Quote:

YES! Claire definitely needs an episode! There's so much we still need to find out about her!!!

Why do you think Miles is so obsessed with her?? Strange...

Well, he IS a ghost whisperer. Maybe she's getting the 6th Sense that Everyone and His Mama seems to be getting around here?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Deia
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
[ETA: After this ep, it seemed like Jate was practically a "swish" - sure thing. But now, after reading Deia's post... I'm not so sure. The one thing that I've always counted on with Lost is that they always have twists. And the one minute you think a twist is going to happen, they throw ANOTHER twist. They just try over and over to go with the option that you never expect.
It almost seems like this "perfect" Jate ep is as much a death sentence to the relationship as if it was completely imperfect. I mean, they had the best conditions possible, they were safe, wealthy, off the island, and in love, and yet... it still didn't work out. Not in the way it should. Jack still didn't trust Kate, Kate still had to act like some docile housewife just to make it work, and in the end Jack still became what he feared most - his dad.
That isn't the happy Jate ending.
If there's hope for Jate, then it has to lie in those two going back to the island and somehow finding a way to fix things. Fix themselves. And get the relationship going where they can be themselves, trust each other, and live without regrets.
BUT - I'm not so sure they will!
Signs are pointing other directions now. Subtle signs. But signs. Just enough so that when the twist comes it will all make sense . lol :
- beardy Jack. He and Kate obviously broken up for a while, and him trying to convince her that they have to go back. For Sawyer.
- Conmama getting the "platonic" stamp. That might be overcome, but right now that's putting a wall on Conmama. Who knows, that wall might just last long enough for Kate to come back.

If there's one thing I've learned from Lost, it's to expect the unexpected. But don't expect it too much, or else THAT becomes the expected, and the previously expected becomes the unexpected heh

thank you! i totally agree. this is what i'm trying to say, but of course you explained so much better than I.
I believe that sawyer being the "big brother" of claire is not a coicidence.
I believe that sawyer holding aaron(followed of the scene of kate holding aaron), in the last minute of the episode is not coicidence.
I believe that when the skate theme song start playing when kate is talking about sawyer is not coicidence.. this is lost so.

find me on tumblr: http://m--tyrell.tumblr.com/
littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hobbes wrote:

- Conmama getting the "platonic" stamp. That might be overcome, but right now that's putting a wall on Conmama.

i dont really think it conmama was made platonic - granted this is coming from me and it wholly biased - thanks to sawyer's reaction. miles is the one who named him her big brother and sawyer's immediate response was anger and defensive. and its not like he's always been that way; only this season and in particularly the last two eps has he been that way.

I dont really understand all this kate/jate hate going on here. we all knew they'd hook up, even evi said it in an interview at the end of last season. i just wish they hadn't had the fight at the end; but that's lost. you're happy for awhile and then something screws up. i dont blame jack's suspicions of kate tho knowing her past and since sarah cheated on him but since when is he jealous of sawyer? especially seeing as he's on the island and kate agreed to marry him :S that I didnt understand.

I hope claire doesn't disappear for the rest of the season now. In my head i see her running out of the jungle as the chopper has taken off and seeing her baby in the plane. then gorgeous sawyer will comfort her and conMama will become canon!!! yay

IamSoLostRightNow
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

littleton_pace wrote:

i dont blame jack's suspicions of kate tho knowing her past and since sarah cheated on him but since when is he jealous of sawyer? especially seeing as he's on the island and kate agreed to marry him :S that I didnt understand.

I totally agree with you Kat! Jack has issues about trusting people he's supposed to love, alcohol, anger, "letting go" etc and rightly so, if you take a look at his past. The boy is screwed up, but he's certainly not a "jerk!"
But I also don't get why Kate tells Jack "because I know you wouldn't want me too" about her helping Sawyer. Despite the triangle, Jack and Sawyer are really good friends. I can't imagine why Jack wouldn't want to help him. In fact that's not even in his character to "not help people."
....Strange....

Also just gonna throw my 2 cents in:
I am a Jater and I DID appreciate this episode. I do concede that it had a weird feeling because it was all so sudden and you knew in advance it was going to end badly. Still, I thought it was adorable (not "gratuitous" at all) and I very much enjoyed it!
Additionally, I really dislike all the haterade being thrown about by some skaters. I feel like the Jater reaction to the Skex wasn't half as aggressive or harsh. I guess I can't change people's opinion's, but it feels like the attacks on Jate are soo intense and uncalled for. Lightin' up people! It was one episode's FF, it was years into the future, AND it ended poorly! Call off your shipper dogs!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with, Yael. I think it was a little weird and too perfect in bits, but I think it was cute still. I mean, I'm a Skater, but I "get" Jate, I just prefer Skate is all. I don't understand why people are being so hateful. If I sat here and tried to address every single mean/rude statements (in a non-biased and logical manner) that were thrown around here towards the characters and writers, it would take forever! I'm a Skater, I love Sawyer and I want him to be happy...but omg, people! Jate had the first extended dialog in the series! They';ve always been THE couple, acting all cutesy and disgustingly adorable with each other (I don't say that in a rude way, it just was like...super obvious how they felt). I've always known that Jate would happen, you had to have expected it! I can say it over and over, I LOVE Skate and I wish this could have been between them, but it wasn't. It couldn't be, simply because Sawyer is a different person than Jack and it wouldn't have worked out the same at all. Some of the scenes, I just can't see Sawyer reacting the same way as him, and I dunno...it would have been different. I do have hopes that they will meet up eventually, off island, and that would be AMAZING! I mean, I have my own theories about how it will work out...But just wait, and stop with all the hate!

That was so awesome. "Jaters vs. Skaters: Just wait and stop with all the hate". I'm gonna make a t-shirt that says that. xD

Anyway, I guess I've made my point. Or an utter fool of myself, it really doesn't matter I suppose, because people are entitled their opinions, and I probably won't really change anyone's mind on this...just thought I'd throw it out there. hehe
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SassyLostie2 wrote:

That was so awesome. "Jaters vs. Skaters: Just wait and stop with all the hate". I'm gonna make a t-shirt that says that. xD

Sassy, you make my life. lol

Also can we stop and grieve for the Jacket ship? I love Jate and everything, but I think Juliet is absolutely fabulous. It really sucks that it doesn't work out for her.
If I made a T-Shirt it would say "Juliet Burke is Totally Boss"
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol Awesome! Someone agrees with me! Actually, I agreed with you first... And yes! Poor, poor, short-lived Jacket. Juliet rocks my sox (new t shirt idea)! How about we exchange t shirts?
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really don't get this oh I get Jate but I love Skate thing sorry not in that camp. I'm a pretty hardcore shipper so I am not gonna enjoy an episode devoted to Jate.

Clearly it wasn't the perfect relationship as people have been saying because it broke apart towards the end and how can you say Sawyer wouldn't have been able to have a semblance of a relationship with Kate? People always say haha Sawyer or Jack easy choice but Jack clearly has major issues with women and makes a sucky boyfriend. They're both pretty messed up guys but to say one over the other is calling the kettle black anyways.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol. Ok, Paul. Well, lately, I haven't been as much of a hardcore Skater, because I've come to terms with the fact that Skate is not being IT at the end of the show. I just know it won't, so why get all worked up about it anymore? I mean, I love Skate, but I don't hate Jack or anything, I like him and I want him to be happy too...which puts me in a tough position. Jeez. But I wouldn't wish for anymore Jate, and I don't want it to be IT in the end, I would prefer it to be Skate, so am I not still a Skater? lol Just cuz I understand (what I believe to be) a fact, doesn't mean that I'm not a real shipper or something.

And I did NOT say they couldn't have a relationship off-island, cuz they so could! I just said that it wouldn't be the same as what we saw. It would be a completely different situation. Anyway....I'm clearly not going to be understood by all, so might as well just leave it at that.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
Jack clearly has major issues with women and makes a sucky boyfriend.

I totally agree. Jack has some very serious problems and I don’t see him and Kate ever getting together again after the last scene. That wasn’t just an ordinary fight, it was basically Kate’s worst nightmare coming true: he send the nanny away and got wasted while Aaron was in the house. This borders on Wayne behavior and unlike her mother Kate actually made the right choice and chose Aaron over Jack. We know she’s not even taking his calls anymore after that. And I can completely understand that because if my boyfriend/fiancé/husband would behave like that in front of my child he would be dead to me.

And I’m sorry, you can’t ask someone to marry you if you don’t trust them. Jack needs to get some serious help. The good thing is that I think he did realize that at the end, too, because he walked away so at least Kate didn’t have to throw him out of the house herself. I think he’ll get his redemption once he’s back on the island but I’m also fairly certain that he’s gonna die at the end.

So while I don’t know what will happen to Skate in the future I’m pretty sure Jate is dead. They can’t condone such behavior.

And while the Jate scenes always make me cringe I don’t remember bashing them in this thread. I know you Jaters have waited a long time for this. But this doesn’t mean that I have to like them. And it’s actually not only us biased Skaters who didn’t enjoy the ep – I read quite a few reviews yesterday and Jack and Jate really didn’t leave a good impression with the non-shippers either.

I always disliked Kate’s and Jack’s relationship and for me this has nothing to do with Sawyer or Skate. I only started to ship Skate in the middle of season one of but I already disliked Jack after the first episode and Jate always bored me to tears. And it became worse as Kate started to act constantly submissive to Jack.

I’m almost glad they shoved all this Jate stuff in one episode because there’s no way they’re dedicating another episode to them. But I feel kinda bad that you Jate fans didn’t get to see how they got together because that’s should be an important moment.

Icon by ack attack
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 4 of 10

Jump to: