Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tutorial: "Vanishing" Effect in Vegas

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Technical Vidding Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PsychoCynic
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 9:16 pm    Post subject: Tutorial: "Vanishing" Effect in Vegas Reply with quote

Okay, so quite a few people were wondering how I accomplished the "vanishing" effect in my Supernatural "Empty" vid (self-pimping, HEE!) and Katie even asked for a tutorial so I decided to give one.

First off, though, I wanted to mention that I'm not the first person who's done this and I actually learned through a good friend's site (Fan4Lost on LVI, if anyone knows her). And there are tons of others that know this such as Aislynn, Dayln, etc, etc. Unfortunately, Steph's tutorial died, so I thought I'd give my own input and tricks.

Your final product should look somewhat like this (clicky)...

Hope this was helpful to all you guys!

ETA: By the way, I'm fairly certain this method works with Windows Media Maker as well since all that is really required for it is a fade transition and a type of Photoshop-like program.
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, that's a great tutorial, Maria! Thank you so much! I'm going to link you into the Guide, if you don't mind? (And I'll be commenting on your amazing vid, too! )

And yes, this method should work with WMM as well. Yay for a multi-platform effect that looks awesome and works on even something like WMM!

Icon by timepunchin @ LJ
PsychoCynic
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aislynn wrote:
Oh, that's a great tutorial, Maria! Thank you so much! I'm going to link you into the Guide, if you don't mind? (And I'll be commenting on your amazing vid, too! )

And yes, this method should work with WMM as well. Yay for a multi-platform effect that looks awesome and works on even something like WMM!

Thankies! A lot of credit goes to Steph, you, and Becca for where I initially learned how to put the pieces together. I just basically explained Photoshop in this tut. Haha.

Oh, I'm being listed in a guide! I'm famous! *puts on her cool sunglasses*

Wow, something that works just as well in WMM as in Vegas? Thought I'd never see the day!

Oh you saw the vid? I hope you liked - or didn't weep in angsty tears over it!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great Tutorial
Really helpful thanks
PsychoCynic
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad it helped you, Charlie!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Technical Vidding Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: