Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ideas?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 24, 25, 26  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Contest Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Distress Signal
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hobbes wrote:
What's to stop people from making a vid about the redeeming qualities of their favourite characters instead of their least favourite?

Because you can get interesting perspectives from people who aren't biased in that way. Plus don't you think it's a little....generic to make a contest video about a character you love? That's a no-brainer. Everyone already does that. This one's more of a twist. I'm not saying people shouldn't make vids about characters they like, because I do that all the time. But not many people try to cross over to the dark side and find new things. That's the point I was trying to make.

sig by IslandofMystery
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, I know. And the best vids out there are because people do this, and discover something about a character they didn't like. What I'm wondering is how the "Make a vid about a character you don't like" rule could possibly be enforced in this contest and if it's not enforced, then it's just a character study contest . Not that I'm complaining about that (my personal fav category).
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
mistojen
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

...we could cross our fingers and hope that the Honor System being in place is good enough...I kind of like that idea, actually, and that's a HUGE challenge, to have to make a vid about someone you don't particularly care about. *shudders at the thought of trying to stay focused long enough to do a Kate vid* I'm going to opt out, if we do it that way, I think because I'm pretty A.D.D. when it comes to working a vid I fail.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
IamSoLostRightNow
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 6:44 am    Post subject: Contest Idea Reply with quote

This maybe coming from out of nowhere, but I got this idea to do a "non-island" contest. The idea is that they have to create a vid within a specific setting/theme.

I got the idea because I know of songs that take place in a certain context. One is set in a hospital another is set in an airplane, etc. I think it would be a real challenge to see what people come up with. It's really varied; they can do all sorts of things:
    Hospitals/O.R.- Jack's/Kate's/Hurley's FB, The Staff, The Hydra
    Plane/airport- Season 1 finale, Jack's/Sun's/Ana Lucia's/Eko's FB, The beachcraft, Locke's airport dream
    Bars- Ana's/Sawyer's/Jack's FB
    Hotels
    Homes
    Churches
    Australia/Cities

Anything they want, but I think it should be a rule that vidders have to stay away from any jungle/beach theme.
LOSTOnAnIsland
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about you choose a song that everyone has to do a video to.
Everyone then has the chance to interpret the song in their own way.
They could use it as AU, romance whatever....and everyone is bound to come up with something different & interesting!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
IamSoLostRightNow
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOSTOnAnIsland wrote:
How about you choose a song that everyone has to do a video to.
Everyone then has the chance to interpret the song in their own way.
They could use it as AU, romance whatever....and everyone is bound to come up with something different & interesting!

yeah that would be cool to see the different interpretations, but that's hard to judge because who can say that one interpretation is better than another? Also who wants to listen to the same song over and over and over again?
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i really like the idea of off island video contest. I thought of a good bar song to go with it!
Shankle
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about a prop orientated contest? You have to focus on specific items and see how they are used by different people, For example, penaut butter. On the one hand you have the skinny couple who are happy to eat imaginary peanut butter, whereas that big fat guy insists upon eating vast quantities on leaves. Or the humble stick! It has an incredible range of uses, from recording random scripture, to digging graves, to the obvious use as a simple yet effective weapon. Maybe you could do the vid from the stick's point of view? Maybe from the point of view of all the people who get hit by sticks? the possibilities are ENDLESS!!

*hearts* Aislynn, Kaja, Rachel and Steph
*Rips whatzit"
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol I can never tell when you're kidding and when you're being serious

Quote:

i really like the idea of off island video contest. I thought of a good bar song to go with it!

lol not the most original or interesting idea but you know, perhaps we should. I've got a song I actually might like to try out for it too.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Shankle
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you think it's a good idea I'm being serious and if you think it's a bad idea I'm kidding...

*hearts* Aislynn, Kaja, Rachel and Steph
*Rips whatzit"
IamSoLostRightNow
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So watching last weeks episode gave me another LVI contest idea: make the most uplifting inspirational video. Tricia Tanaka is Dead just made everyone feel so good about life. So I think that making more lighter vids would be a great thing to see.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is a good idea. We have done lighter contests before though like the thanksgiving and comedy contests but this is kinda different I guess. We might just need more of a focus on a character or theme or something though
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Tricia Tanaka is Dead just made everyone feel so good about life. So I think that making more lighter vids would be a great thing to see.

Happy ensemble!!! Happy Ensemble!!!!! wooooooooo!!!!!!

*ahem*

Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh I remember I had this other idea that might be a theme for the happy vids...
LOST as a sitcom!
like, I don't know, do a goofy sitcom opening credits or something.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I guess I love this thread.... that and the fact that I'm brilliant lol

So, I just got this new amazing contest idea. Ok so as much as I am a jater the latest cheesy shipper vids have made me want to never watch that ONE JACK/KATE kiss for very long time! I've decided I'm done with shipper vids for the moment. So my idea is that we have an ANTI-SHIPPER contest.
I want a video that makes JACK AND KATE absolutely hate the sight of each other. lol I want charlie to really not give a damn about claire. Please someone make a video where skate is not the be all and end all of relationships.
Do you see what I am getting at? A little evil I know, but I can not handle another lovey-dovey video right now!

Last edited by IamSoLostRightNow on Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Contest Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 24, 25, 26  Next
Page 4 of 26

Jump to: