Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help with Sony Vegas feat. a beginner's tutorial
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 51, 52, 53  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Technical Vidding Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cylune wrote:
SuperKC wrote:
Anyway, I got it down to 39 MBs by lowering it from 93 (cylune's second setting) to 90%. It looked beautiful. LOL.
I'm so tech ignorant, I wouldn't know where to look at my settings. (It was Kaja's )

*lol* I couldn't help but grin, being called "Cylune" twice in a row. I wonder if KC even noticed that.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know where my brain is at Karolina. Forgive me. I called AP, PC the other day too! LOL.

You people with your C and K names! GAH!
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SuperKC wrote:

You mean as in "SuperKC"?
Don't worry. I thought it was rather funny

Last edited by KajaM on Wed Dec 20, 2006 11:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KajaM wrote:
SuperKC wrote:

You mean as in "SuperKC"?
Don't worry. I thought it was rather funny

LOL. True.
LostFreakJ
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a problem, just something I need to know:

How do you do the voices that sound like an echo? I'm going away for a week without Internet, but I can take my laptop with me so I'm going to work on 5 vid ideas I want to work out. I probably am gonna use that effect. So if someone could say it to me...?

No credit needed - icon & sig both made by me.
mistojen
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LostFreakJ--I don't know how to answer your question, but I do know that, for example, AlcoholicPixie has used that effect in a vid of hers or two. I'm not sure if she ever comes in this thread, but you could try PMing her if you don't get an answer?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
rbexter93
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i got vegas 7, is it different to 6 much?
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rbexter93 wrote:
i got vegas 7, is it different to 6 much?

No, it isn't. I had first vegas 6, but now I have 7. But when you select a clip with audio, you can't delete the audio without deleting it with the video. So when you select it in the trimmer, you have to press the Tab button once and then drag it into the timeline

No credit needed - icon & sig both made by me.
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's an icon on the taskbar you need to press called ignore something.. which allows you to ignore audio and video in a clip else it affects both.

The only problem I have had with Vegas 7 is not being able to reverse a clip properly :/ But I've found if you encode just the clip you want then try and reverse it, then it will work.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kay.. So I was fiddling with my 'Baby Vegas' as Ais likes to call it, and a few things happened. I can't ease/zoom into clips anymore! WTF?!!

I print screened for a more detailed look at what the current situation looks like:

AND..

I just started a Shannon vid for goodness sake! Urrggg. Arrrgg.

"Jack is the guy she should be with.
She does genuinely love him.
And she knows that he would take excellent care of her." - Damon Lindelof
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I've been looking this up and this is what I found under Help - Pan and Scan - Vegas online help -- I capped it rather than try and repeat it all!

I put the stars on there next to the ones I thought were your most likely suspects. I'd guess that one of those two buttons on the side there got pushed accidentally and that's what's locking the pan/crop tool into place at the bottom. I'd say try pushing one and see what it does, then if that doesn't work, try the other one! The Size About Center one (the bottom of the two buttons I marked) sounds like it might be the one but I'm not sure. Good luck, hon! Let me know what happens! Hopefully you can get this working right again soon!
AlcoholicPixie
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LostFreakJ wrote:
Not a problem, just something I need to know:

How do you do the voices that sound like an echo? I'm going away for a week without Internet, but I can take my laptop with me so I'm going to work on 5 vid ideas I want to work out. I probably am gonna use that effect. So if someone could say it to me...?

Heehee, like mistojen said, I don't really come in this thread all that much unless I get really stuck with Vegas and get like this

Anyways, the echo effect is pretty easy to achieve. The way I do it always achieves the best result for me, so here goes:

1. Right-click on the clip you want to put the echo effect on.
2. Click on 'Assign Non Real-Time Event FX'
3. When the window pops up, click on 'Sony ExpressFX Reverb'
4. Another little window will pop up. In the white drop-down menu, select 'Deep Hall'
5. Set the two levels below it to 75% and 100%
6. Click OK and save the .wav file.
7. It puts the .wav file straight into your project, so you don't need to faff around with importing it.
8. Because of the echo lasting quite a while, you'll need to drag the end of the audio clip along until both the 'peak lines' are completely flat, then it won't sound awkward when it cuts out, it just fades away to nothing.

Hope this has helped, sorry I didn't reply sooner!

Supernatural Video Station
IntoTheVoid
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aislynn wrote:
Okay, I've been looking this up and this is what I found under Help - Pan and Scan - Vegas online help -- I capped it rather than try and repeat it all!

I put the stars on there next to the ones I thought were your most likely suspects. I'd guess that one of those two buttons on the side there got pushed accidentally and that's what's locking the pan/crop tool into place at the bottom. I'd say try pushing one and see what it does, then if that doesn't work, try the other one! The Size About Center one (the bottom of the two buttons I marked) sounds like it might be the one but I'm not sure. Good luck, hon! Let me know what happens! Hopefully you can get this working right again soon!

Ais. You star. I'll try this as soon as I get home

EDIT: Yes! It works! Thanks Ais, it was the two buttons (that you had pointed out) that I had to click.

I'm such a doofus

"Jack is the guy she should be with.
She does genuinely love him.
And she knows that he would take excellent care of her." - Damon Lindelof
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IntoTheVoid wrote:
Ais. You star. I'll try this as soon as I get home

EDIT: Yes! It works! Thanks Ais, it was the two buttons (that you had pointed out) that I had to click.

I'm such a doofus

I'm SO glad that it worked! YAY!!!! Can't wait to see your vid!

While I'm here, I thought I'd share a weird Vegas problem with y'all:

I'm working on an episodic Battlestar Galactica vid. I decided to try importing the AVI ep directly into Vegas instead of breaking it into pieces and rendering it into WMV with WMM like I do my Lost eps. It imported fine, and it even gave me both the audio and video fine! Yay! So I started making my vid.

As soon as I got 5 seconds in, I noticed that I couldn't preview anything anymore. No matter how small and low quality I set the preview as, it would basically just show me the first image from each clip, almost like a slideshow! I just kept periodically "spot rendering" and checking that the clips were placed correctly for the beats, etc. and kept going.

When I hit 10 seconds, my spot render suddenly revealed a messy clip at the very start. Which was odd because it wasn't there in any of the other renderings, but oh well. So I trimmed the clip back a little, adjusted the rest of the clips to compensate, and continued to vid. But then I noticed that the messy clip was BACK when I did my next rendering! But what was really weird was that it was a DIFFERENT clip now showing up in a split second flash at the start of the vid! AND the image on the timeline for the clip now was a different image than anything in that clip!

At 15 seconds, I realized that EVERY new clip I place on the timeline is now also replacing the first split second of the first vid on the timeline! Okay, now that's just weird, right?

Since I don't want to fight with this thing for the rest of the vid AND probably run into even more weird AVI codec glitchy things, I decided to stop here and just render the ep into WMV and get rid of the problem. However, I was really hoping to make a "big" vid this time (the AVI dimensions are 624x352 and when I render my footage into WMV, I typically use the "average" 512 kbps setting that makes them 428x240), so I decided to try making the WMV 1 MBps, which then made it a HUGE 856x480. But I'll adjust it down in the final vid rendering but will hopefully still have it nice, big and clear. We'll see!

Anyway, just wanted to share the AVI madness... Geesh, considering that AVI is supposed to be the "generic" uncompressed format, you'd think that Vegas, WMM and everybody would be able to handle it fine!
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay I just recently ACCIDENTALLY updated to the new Windows Media Player - and low and behold it is messing everything up. zShare clips don't want to load properly, anything that streams with WMP won't load properly actually. And to top it all off, NOW my episodes won't come up in VEGAS!

Any thoughts?

Anyone? Anyone?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Technical Vidding Help All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 51, 52, 53  Next
Page 13 of 53

Jump to: