Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

3x06 - I Do Episode Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michelina
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hee, Aislynn, you're too adorable. *pats* You can be as wordy as you like, we're here to DISCUSS!

Seriously, congratulations to the Skaters. I was surprised by the Skex. I was actually DREADING it, because I feared it would be all lust and kink, but, IMO, it turned out to be much more tender and sweet than I expected. The post-coital scenes were amazing.

My heart DOES go out to the Jaters, though. There has been some Skater gloating on other forums, and the Jaters are not taking it well at all. I can't say that I blame them; I would be heartbroken. So to any Jaters in here? You've got my full sympathy. And, despite seeing Kate in the afterglow of sex with Sawyer, Jack still pulled through and made sure that she was safe, like PsychoCynic said. He really is a hero; and Jack and Kate still have a great emotional connection, even if we may not see it in a romantic light for quite some time.

But KC's right: Jack was the shit in this episode. I know there's a lot of Jack hate out there, but he's actually now pretty high on my favorite list. This is coming from someone who used to despise the character. He's been awesome in S3. Foxy outruns himself with every scene.

I feel bad for the mythology lovers after this episode, LOL. Romance, drama, tears, passion...dude, what a nightmare for you lot. *hugs the mythologists*

PsychoCynic wrote:
I'm really interested to see about Desmond's powers. And the Desmond/Charlie fight (which, I'm sure, is probably over Claire - that girl is trouble!) Anyway, I'm looking forward to February!

Actually, it's not over Claire, by the looks of it. *GASPS ALL AROUND*

Spoiler:

Desmond is going a bit nutters. My guess is that he's struggling with his pyschic powers; he doesn't fully understand them, most like. In the preview clip, where Desmond runs towards Charlie and knocks him to the ground, he screams "You don't want to know what happened to me!" Charlie probably approaches Desmond about the lightning rod scenario (since we get a flash of that in the preview as well), and Charlie might ask if Desmond somehow knew in advance about the danger to Claire's roof, or if he predicted it. Desmond might already be stark-crazy at this point for whatever reason, and Charlie's remark/snark/comment will finally make him crack and lunge. Poor Charlie and Desmond, lol.

Also, as I mentioned to Erin, pictures from Desmond's episode of a chance encounter with Charlie have been posted here. This was the report on the scene:

Quote:
11/08: Lots of filming activity this past week. Last week on Nuuanu Avenue, a bar interior and a London street scene (featuring 1995 concert posters and a military recruiting office). On Sunday, filming inside the Hawaii State Supreme Court Building, with its pillars and marble and hardwood stairs. On Monday, an interior shoot at "Stanwyck's Antiques" (using the same space as Locke's "Walkabout" tour office). But the big shoot is Tuesday, Nov. 7. Fort Steet Mall, a major pedestrian thouroughfare downtown, was transformed into a busy London city street. A London Underground entrance, black taxi cabs, a newsstand and red phonebooth, palm trees turned into noble oaks... Desmond exits Widmore Industries, upset, yanking off his tie and throwing it to the ground. He then comes across Charlie, strumming "Wonderwall" on the corner and collecting change in his guitar case. Then the conversation gets surreal. Desmond is having an epiphany, and seems delirious. "Remember the rain? It happened before!" and "This is happening!" He seems to be having one of his spells of deja vu. Last scene of the day. Same London street, but perhaps a very different time. Desmond is no longer wearing his dapper suit, but rather, a drab coat and scarf, looking somewhat destitute. He's wandering around the entrance to the London Underground, ranting like your typical neighborhood schitzo. He spots and sits next to an elegant, older, white-haired woman in a purple gown. They converse. Suddenly there's a crash! People panic. It's a construction accident nearby, and Desmond stands, distressed. The woman approaches calmly. She gives him a ring. He gives her money. She walks off.

Based on that, I think this episode will have more to do with Desmond and Charlie's relationship instead of a possible romantic relationship with Claire, ironically. Don't forget, they're still total strangers to each other (have they even exchanged names yet?). Some sparks may fly in this episode, but I don't think we'll get anything too serious yet, not while Desmond is running around and confused, anyway. I love me some Desmond, so I hope he gets over this psychic freak-outedness

Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Do you never learn, John!?

I hear that sister woman.

Quote:
You might be stunned and upset but you're not gonna break out a pint of Cherry Garcia and watch an afternoon of chick flicks while you bawl through 10 boxes of Kleenex! You're gonna RUNNNNNNNNN first and be mopey later!

But make mine a "Half-Baked" or "Karamel Sutra".

Quote:
One thing I did find strange... What was with those extreme close-ups on Ben? I mean, I like the creepy little Martian psychopath (as Ruth called him, lol! ) -- he makes a great villain and I really hope they don't kill him off -- but why were we going in for the nostril shots? It's like, hello? I don't want to inspect his sinus cavities okay? Could we maybe not pull in quite so close!

Yeah if you can see a characters eye boogers, youre too close.

"You are just an encyclopedia of weirdness." ~ Supernatural
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

harpreetd wrote:
Woah.. I usually don't agree with you SuperKC but to be honest with you, I totally agreed with everything you just said. I too believe Kate has been out of character and a little too "whiny" She is too helpless now..
And one of the only reasons why I am hooked soo far this season is because Jack is the driving force, he is splendid this Season. His scenes turn out to be the best.

And your totally right about "Skate" it totally seems obnoxious and out of place. Your also too right about the flashbacks, they were a little too tedious to watch. They did nothing but show that yes.. she still runs... But come one make it more INTERESTING !

I totally want Jack to save Ben's life, and to become allies..
(not with the OTHERS).

Surprise allies? Like you and me you mean? Mwauahahahah! Seriously though, I'm glad I'm not alone in my feeling about this episode. And I think its a lesson to everyone when even you and I can agree. Let's relish in this and be BFFs until February when we can argue about stuff again, K? LOL. Seriously though, Shephard is our King, I'm making icons!

IntoTheVoid wrote:

LOL! What are the writers doing to my favourite characters?!?!?!!!!!!!?!

I DON'T KNOW! Sayid used to be kickass. Now he's like some perhipheral exposition only character.

Michelina wrote:
But KC's right:

Damn straight! What? There's more?

Michelina wrote:
Jack was the shit in this episode. I know there's a lot of Jack hate out there, but he's actually now pretty high on my favorite list. This is coming from someone who used to despise the character. He's been awesome in S3. Foxy outruns himself with every scene.

I never got Jack-hate. Now you may see the error of your ways and make it right. LOL.
Rocksiren
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Surprise allies? Like you and me you mean? Mwauahahahah! Seriously though, I'm glad I'm not alone in my feeling about this episode. And I think its a lesson to everyone when even you and I can agree. Let's relish in this and be BFFs until February when we can argue about stuff again, K? LOL. Seriously though, Shephard is our King, I'm making icons!

I really feel that this is a universal agreement- Jack rocks! I never really "hated" Jack, but he was kind of wimpy sometimes. Also, Im sorry to say it: he had ample chances with Kate.

Quote:

I DON'T KNOW! Sayid used to be kickass. Now he's like some perhipheral exposition only character.

Indeed...was anyone else surprised when he was like "oh well, lets go home!". And Locke is like "I WILL seek my revenge...but first Im going to grab myself a Dharma bar."[/b]

SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SuperKC wrote:
I never got Jack-hate. Now you may see the error of your ways and make it right. LOL.

I never got that anybody doesn't want to see Sawyer with his shirt off, lol... Ah well, different strokes for different folks, as the saying goes!

Michelina wrote:
Hee, Aislynn, you're too adorable. *pats* You can be as wordy as you like, we're here to DISCUSS!

Michelina just earned herself a Jacket cookie, hot from the oven! (Please be prepared for your Jacket cookie to slide out of your CD-ROM tray in approximately 60 seconds. Note, your Jacket cookie will be hot so please do not burn yourself. If you would like to choose a PB&J cookie instead, please enter "CC4ME" and your order will happily be processed immediately.)

Michelina wrote:
Seriously, congratulations to the Skaters. I was surprised by the Skex. I was actually DREADING it, because I feared it would be all lust and kink, but, IMO, it turned out to be much more tender and sweet than I expected. The post-coital scenes were amazing.

My heart DOES go out to the Jaters, though. There has been some Skater gloating on other forums, and the Jaters are not taking it well at all. I can't say that I blame them; I would be heartbroken. So to any Jaters in here? You've got my full sympathy.

I don't spend a lot of time on any other Lost forums, so I honestly haven't seen much in the way of Skaters gloating. My thing is, though, I don't go into the Jate areas, especially when something "Jatey" has just happened because I know it will upset me. I don't think there's anything wrong with "celebrating" something good that happened with your ship in that ship's section but I think it's terribly wrong -- and tacky! -- to take that into the other ship's section and try to rub their noses in it. *shakes head* What goes around, comes around, as they say!

I totally agree about the Skex (I always think that's going to be Chex Mix... ) being amazingly and surprisingly sweet. The promo definitely was cut to make it look like Kink!Skex instead of what it really was in the ep. In fact, it was SO sweet, I'm actually dropping a Kink!Skate vid idea (for now I still may shock y'all with it one of these days... ).

KC, you have NO idea how badly I'd love to make a "Sawyer is my emperor" icon but I thought that might come across as confrontational instead of done in humor the way I meant it...

Oh, about Jack, though... I actually like him just fine; I certainly don't hate him! I just want to see Kate end up with Sawyer. I'm REALLY loving the whole Jacket ship, for example!
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aislynn wrote:
SuperKC wrote:

I never got that anybody doesn't want to see Sawyer with his shirt off, lol... Ah well, different strokes for different folks, as the saying goes!

LOL, I didn't think you were ever in on the whole Jack's a douche bandwagon of last season. I never got it. A lot of times people get all "anti-hero" about the lead in a show. It happened on Buffy, too. People couldn't stand her and I couldn't figure it out. LOL, Weasley is our King is from the Harry Potter books, so I just stole their slogan.
IntoTheVoid
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yoouuuu theif! Don't mess with the wizzards.

"Jack is the guy she should be with.
She does genuinely love him.
And she knows that he would take excellent care of her." - Damon Lindelof
Rocksiren
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aislynn wrote:
Quote:
I don't spend a lot of time on any other Lost forums, so I honestly haven't seen much in the way of Skaters gloating. My thing is, though, I don't go into the Jate areas, especially when something "Jatey" has just happened because I know it will upset me. I don't think there's anything wrong with "celebrating" something good that happened with your ship in that ship's section but I think it's terribly wrong -- and tacky! -- to take that into the other ship's section and try to rub their noses in it. *shakes head* What goes around, comes around, as they say!

I dont either, so I didnt know that. Basically if you WANT complete lunatics (our worst times like 30) go over to the Lost Forum- if you can get by the 3 headed dog and fascist Mods that are there....

IntoTheVoid
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rocksiren wrote:
Basically if you WANT complete lunatics (our worst times like 30) go over to the Lost Forum- if you can get by the 3 headed dog and fascist Mods that are there....

LOL!! I'm not even registered there but, after you said that, i'm never going to. I like the Skaters here. You guys are nice. And I will try to get the other Jaters to behave They wont be slagging off other ships - Not on my watch.

Rocksiren
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IntoTheVoid wrote:
Rocksiren wrote:
Basically if you WANT complete lunatics (our worst times like 30) go over to the Lost Forum- if you can get by the 3 headed dog and fascist Mods that are there....

LOL!! I'm not even registered there but, after you said that, i'm never going to. I like the Skaters here. You guys are nice. And I will try to get the other Jaters to behave They wont be slagging off other ships - Not on my watch.

Oh its unreal! I used to be over there, before LVI (in fact Laura4Lad "discovered" me there) and its insane. Now they have rules up the butt. Its ridiculous.

SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And it keeps getting worse! One thing that bugs the crap out of me is that you're not allowed to post links to other places except LM! Hahaha, totalitarian poopfaces.

It's so funny because "shipwars" are NOT that bad anywhere else. Yet they have all of these rules about it. They're CREATING an environment conducive to that kind of asshattery. Seriously. I go there to pimp stuff occasionally, but the ONLY thing that ever gets attention is shippie stuff. (Namely Skate and Jate.)

Shippers on all sides at that particular forum are just WEIRD. They act like anything against their ship is the coming apocolypse. I can't stand it. I prefer Jate over Skate. (Athough Jana, Sana, and Jacket were alright too.) But the Jaters over there didn't like me much because they were like "Jate iz FATEZ! They R IN LOVE! 4EVA! Jate iz foreverz lolz! Remember that time Jack was talking to Sayid and he said the word 'so' well we all know that KATE said the word 'so' to him in the episode before and so he was CLEARLY thinking about HER during that conversation even though they were talking about dead people and guns. DUH! HE LOVES HER!" I was like, "CAN YOU GIVE IT A REST? You're delusional." And they were like, 'TRAITOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" It's scary.
IntoTheVoid
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LMFAO! KC you are the funniest person on here. I HATE obsessive Jaters. There are exactly like that. I have even seen one say (after 3x06 aired)

''okay, watch this clip, the final scene from last night's eppy and pause it at 27- 29seconds, kate is saying jack, i am completely certain!'' and its like, Kate breathing. ''SHE LOVES HIM OMGZ! *does jater dance*''

It is actually quite amusing cos they are SO out of it.

And on this Arctic Monkeys forum, they had this page dedicated to the lead singer and these girls were... Christ, lets just say if I were Alex Turner? I'd be scared.

Spamming up the thread now. Sorry!

Noj
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There will always be rivalries, just enjoy em I just think for a US series, it'll be quite a turn up if Kate doesn't end up with hero Jack, but we'll see.

I'm a Jater, but I have a Skate video on the way to keep you people happy (well, I hope so )

Tear The World Apart - Just To See If You're Right
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
harpreetd

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too right about some people being too obsessive.. And it seems the shipping is it a "all time high". I for one think that sometimes a path of solitude is still the awesomeness. Just take Jack for example right now.

As far as the shipping goes I do prefer Jate over Skate anyday.. however, lately I haven't been THAT interested in who Kate ends up with. I'm too busy watching some of the best scenes of LOST I have ever seen (With the OTHERS).

Yes, Jack has had many chances with Kate and even vice versa..
But what I like about Jack is he's letting Kate decide on her own who to end up with. And Kate is the one that is going in a confused cirlce.

Finally, I don't mind if Jack ends up with anyone for a while if he can continue to be sooo DAM GOOD.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8

Jump to: