Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

3x04 - Every Man For Himself Episode Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spoiler:

Here's a shot of the guy in the feed it's eyepatch guy I knew it:

I bet he's the guy the glass eye belongs to they found.

Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The big romantic reveal here – Kate loves Jack. Sawyer’s “every man for himself” philosophy was shot down by Kate’s adherence to Jack’s “live together die alone”. And the “I only said that so they’d stop beating you” was like kicking him in the ribs. We see Sawyer at his most vulnerable here. In one episode he gets beaten physically (by Pickett), mentally (thorough the pacemaker ruse), and now emotionally by Kate. Despite all the people crying about how she would be better with Sawyer, I think most people wanted her to end up with Jack anyway. I definitely did. No one wants to see a sappy romantic Sawyer.

source:DarkUFO

I love this man!!!!!
And Kate useing Jack's line for the end... it was like a party for us Jaters...i've nothing against the other ship... i respect your opinion but when i saw this scene and went to school the next day i said to my friend(who happens to be a skater)"I told you!!!"And she was like:"Stop!I don't want to hear anything..."

But we have to wait till ep6 to see the actual choice because nothing is certain!
Just between you and I
For blue, blue skies
I’ll forgive you
Rocksiren
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought we called a moratorium on "in your face!"...

"You are just an encyclopedia of weirdness." ~ Supernatural
Rocksiren
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ais and I usually talk about this on PM's, but Ill bring up a pretty valid point:

I think Kate loves the IDEA of loving Jack. I think she loves who should WOULD BE IF Jack "picks" her.

Im sorry, but this is SO Gone With the Wind, I cant stand it.

And I am not a "Skater" or whatever...I actually like Jack. But, its Cyrano de Bergiac- he kind of doesnt have any...uniqueness? But you shouldnt listen to me, Im really picky...

Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really don't know how he summised that. If anything she loves Sawyer. Because she said Jack's phrase she loves Jack but she said she loved Sawyer and she doesn't? That doesn't make any sense.

I have to admit the non shippers do seem to favor Jack as Kate's partner but I think it's because they have had it shoved down their throats so much that they expect them to get together when the real chemistry is with Skate. All the people 'crying' about Skate are thoroughly enjoying the show with all the juicy Skate and not whining or crying at all. I love that guy's spoiler site but he's made a boo boo with that post.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe hes wrong...

And also, I think sense of humor is #1 quality for me in a mate. Maybe thats why, I think Sawyer is way more entertaining. Jacks nice, but we barely know anything about him. He begs Kate to "tell the truth" but he really hasnt told anyone anything.

Distress Signal
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a non-shipper, I can't stand Jate. At all. Skate is much more enjoyable to watch. Probably because Sawyer is a more flexible, layered type of character, and Jack at many times can be only 2-dimensional, the perfect do-good hero type that's usually very chiche. And chemistry comes into play too.

Rocksiren wrote:
Jacks nice, but we barely know anything about him. He begs Kate to "tell the truth" but he really hasnt told anyone anything.

This is true. Jack demands everyone else's lifestories and explanations and yet he never tells anyone about himself. I think it's pretty hypocritical.

As for the "I only said that so he'd stop hitting you" line, it seemed to me like Kate was just hiding her real emotions in front of Sawyer. If she doesn't love him, then why would she climb back into the cage and stay with him? Why didn't she go on her merry way and be none the wiser?

I think maybe Sawyer in Kate both have the 'pretending not to care' thing in common. They don't want to look vulnerable, when they both are.

sig by IslandofMystery
IntoTheVoid
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dunno. I'm starting to like the idea of Jack and Juliet but would rather see him with Kate. I dunno why. Maybe its cos they forced Jate on us for like the whole first half and beyond of Season 1, and tried to make us hate Saywer and like Jack more. Some people recovered and like Sawyer, but I don't think i've fully recovered. But thats just me! I was like that with Buffy. When they forced 'Bangel' (I hate using that term btw but its quicker to write) on us I was smitten with the idea, and I hated 'Spuffy'. I hated Spike when he was the big baddie, and continued to until the end of the show. Heck, even when he killed himself to save the world I still wasn't satisfied.

I think the Skate scenes in Season 3 are cute, but aren't most Jate scenes? I thought (now this is what I think remember ) that Skate was built on angst. It's also much more.. uhh.. sexier than Jate. We see these cases throughout Season 1 and 2. For example, the first Skate kiss; tounges ( ) and then the big smack in the face at the end for Sawyer.

But season 3 hasn't had the usual Skate. So far, all the scenes have been pretty much resembling Jate. The fish biscuit scene with Sawyers (by the way 'awwwww' worthy) smile, the 2nd kiss with Kate's confused look (she does that alot after she kisses a guy don't she?), Saywer 'checking' Kate out - remember Jack doing that in S1? Hugging Sawyer, like she did with Jack twice - but thats probably just cos he was getting beaten bloody, so i'll give you that one

I just think that the producers might be 'buttering us up' so to speak, so they can pull a big fat whamy on us and blow us away with a huge storyline. Kinda like they did at the beginning of S2 with all that Jate for 8 episodes and then halfway through a Jate scene, Sawyer returns and Kate turns her attention to him.

Maybe i'm wrong. There was those rumors that the producers had told fake spoilers, so the whole 'Kate will make her real choice in 3x06' might be fake. She might of already made her choice; Sawyer.

I suppose we will have to do what, like, 20 other people have already said above me: We'll have to wait till episode 6

"Jack is the guy she should be with.
She does genuinely love him.
And she knows that he would take excellent care of her." - Damon Lindelof
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Believe it or not I called the second island a while ago. I used that as an excuse to say why the show could be extended. I'm with Hobbes though I think that the others original home was on the Losties island cause I think they wouldn't have been able to reach them quickly otherwise. I do think they might have relocated to Alcatraz after people crashed there though.

Actually, I think we can be certain that the others were on the main island before (first scene of this season's premiere). I think their main camp is still there too though. Just the task force (i.e. these guys) are on Alcatraz with Jack Kate and Sawyer. They're the security guards, or whatever . The rest of the troops (the old lady, Bea, etc.) are at the main camp in the centre of the island.

Btw, this island (Alcatraz) might not have been on the side of the island the tailies or Sayid (and the boat) were on. They've essentially covered 3/4 of the sialnd so far but not all of it lol.
Plus, they might not have appreciated the significance of it ("hey look, there's a dinky little island out there") since a lot of islands come in small chains anyway.

Quote:

OMG, the best scene probably has to be when Colleen died, and Pickett got so upset that he beat up Sawyer and made Kate cry. OMG. Everyone was intensely emotional. It got me stirred up (I almost never cry at anything on a screen).

Yeah, I have to admit, that scene actually really did move me Marvelous stuff.

Ais' post. The one waaaaay back on page 3 (this one http://lostvideo.net/phpBB/viewtopic.php?p=120361#120361) I agree with it all . That's pretty-much my thoughts on Jate/Skate too.

But I want to add one mroe thing:

Skate seems like the relationship that is doomed to fail, or at least never succeed, as long as Jack is here, and alive . They may have good chemistry, they may be perfect for each other, but it doesn't really matter, because Kate isn't infatuated with Sawyer. She cares about him, she might even love him (which, based on this ep, I think she does) but Jack is still the knight on shining armour to her. He's still the one she'd been desperate for so long to prove herself too (and if you think of him as a comparison to her military dad, that makes sense) and prove that she's good. Yet Jack has never, throughout this entire bloody show, made any serious move on Kate besides saying "I'm not" . He's been too busy being a leader, being complicated and being damaged (as has Kate ) to worry about that, while Sawyer's been playing the Kate field from the beginning. Sure, Sawyer's managed to pull ahead, and actually establish something meaningful with Kate. And as far as fairness goes, and how being with Kate might change the guys, I think Sawyer "deserves" Kate more than Jack. She's been one of the few he's opened up to, and losing her would probably just... kinda crush him. He'd never open up again after that. BUT, but... Sawyer's only managed this win because Jack hasn't trully been in the race. And once he does... those Skaters can only hope the whole Skate thing has one hell of a head start because that Jate will be moving lightspeed...

But that all said, Jate is still more of a fantasy Jack and Kate still barely know each other. All they have are outside impressions of each other Even for all of Sawyer's flaws, and his secretive past he's resistant to open up to Kate about, he's still more open and embracing to Kate than Jack ever has been. Kate knows Sawyer, she doesn't quite know Jack. But since Jack is the "good" guy and Sawyer is the "bad", Jate gets a handicapp .
I still think it would be the most interesting if Kate ends up with Sawyer in the end. It's more unconventional. The girls just usually don't end up with the bad guys in these shows .

This thing is totally all Spuffy/Bangel all over again . But just like on Buffy, the only way the "bad guy" relationship wins out is if the "good guy" is out of the race . When directly competing, the "bad guy" one is just seen as a distraction from the "good guy" one. And that's what Skate is on this show . I don't think it should be, I don't want it to be, but it seems like that's what it is.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Distress Signal
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IntoTheVoid wrote:

I suppose we will have to do what, like, 20 other people have already said above me: We'll have to wait till episode 6

The title of the 6th episode is
Spoiler:

"I Do", and it's a Kate episode, so I'm guessing just by that information that it will show in Kate's flashbacks who she was married to for a little bit and then connecting to her basically "marrying" either Jack or Sawyer. "I do... ???"

If they lied about such a widely discussed and confirmed spoiler, then I would hate TPTB for quite a while.... well, I'm not so sure. I don't really care about the triangle, but this is just getting ridiculous.

sig by IslandofMystery
Rocksiren
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Distress Signal wrote:

If they lied about such a widely discussed and confirmed spoiler, then I would hate TPTB for quite a while.... well, I'm not so sure. I don't really care about the triangle, but this is just getting ridiculous.

I hear ya sister woman! but thats just So ridiculous! What is this? Lemony Snicket??? Some Mormon colony?

mistojen
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

...no offense, guys, but at this rate, I'm not holding my breath for any answers on who Kate picks. They haven't bothered to answer any other burning questions, after all...they just keep creating more.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
rbexter93
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really just hope that she doesn't pick...LOCKE! lol but if that was the big choice we were expecting it was slightly disappointing because we still don't know if she does love Sawyer or was just saying that...
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a reminder.

Spoiler:

Kate "I only said that so they'd stop hitting you,"

http://www.dontalmostgive.org
IntoTheVoid
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL your not giving up on that are ya? Its good! Shows your a faithful Jater

"Jack is the guy she should be with.
She does genuinely love him.
And she knows that he would take excellent care of her." - Damon Lindelof
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: