Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

3x04 - Every Man For Himself Episode Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
IntoTheVoid
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spiral Static wrote:
But she used Jack's line.

Thats what I thought when she said it! *tuts* We Jaters are so sneeky. Clinging on to whatever we can. But i'm glad Ais understands why! *accepts cookie*

"Jack is the guy she should be with.
She does genuinely love him.
And she knows that he would take excellent care of her." - Damon Lindelof
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PsychoCynic wrote:
Finally, Desmond is still awesome!!! I love how is sooo completely nonchalant about his new ability. I'm really liked the Daire and PB&J scenes, as well.

Okay, so I'm more and more falling for Daire by the second! Probably because I love Des AND I'm utterly compelled to ship Claire with everybody but poor Charlie, I suppose... (I'd still root for ConMama if I didn't adore Sawyer with Kate so much. ) I don't think so much that they're going to go the Daire route, at least not right away because, like HIC said in his TV Guide interview a little bit ago (here's a screencap ) that it's not likely he'll just forget Penny. Unless of course, that's exactly what the writers have him DO.

PsychoCynic wrote:
As for the new guy, Paul, I really don't like him. Sure he's gorgeous, but his character (all 30 seconds we saw of it) irritates me. As does the new female character (played by Kiele Sanchaz - sorry, can't remember the character).

Ditto to everything you just said. I want to give them both a chance but I just don't really like either one of them. Maybe once we get to know them a little better, I'll feel differently. Right now, it feels like they're just there to be talking eye-candy...

PsychoCynic wrote:
About the second island thing, it's all very suspicious. Along with all the other doubts everyone else has, how could the Others have gotten Jack, Sawyer, and Kate on that island. In the second season finale, the only boat the Others had, when they met up with Jack, Kate, Sawyer, Hurley, and Michael, was the one that Michael and Walt took to go home! There's something very fishy about this ...

And I'd like to know how they get back and forth from the underwater hatch as quickly as they seem to. Is there a tunnel out to it? Do they have a handy submarine? Just what's the deal?

ETA: I'm the crossposting queen today!

IntoTheVoid wrote:
Spiral Static wrote:
But she used Jack's line.

Thats what I thought when she said it! *tuts* We Jaters are so sneeky. Clinging on to whatever we can. But i'm glad Ais understands why! *accepts cookie*

Believe me, I'd NEVER try to throw something about my ship in the face of people who love the opposite ship. First of all, that would be rude. And second, I know the Law of TV: never let a couple be happy! Even if she picks Sawyer, I know full well they're not going to be Happily Ever After-ing any time soon! They'll break them up right away because they want conflict on a show, not a bunch of people standing around smiling at each other.

In the end, we shippers have to support each other because we're ALL going to get shafted eventually!

Gah, why do I even watch TV anymore????
harpreetd

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

!!!! Darn how do you all have the time to write soo much in such a little time! Don't you have anything else to do?!!

Anyways, I'm only upset that I didn't get here before you guys...

I'm gonna be really short since you guys have already said basically everything:
1)Loved Sawyers flashbacks
2)Benry was awesome! He is a master with words..
3)I am really starting to love Jack a lot more, even If i already liked him (He is really developing in character really fast this season)
4)The Skate was alright, but I never look forward to it so...
5)The two island thing is pretty cool

I agree, BEST EPISODE THIS SEASON SO FAR. Can't wait till next, looks soo wicked!
Noj
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good episode overall, back story was a little slow but thoughtful. I could spot the Skate-Jate reversal in there. After Kate said she loved Sawyer, I was just waiting for her to go "Yeah I only said that so he'd stop hitting you"
Shame Jack didn't just tell Juliet where she could shove it. When she came asking for his help I was praying for him to just give his trademark laugh and walk away. But alas, no such luck
Paulo is a fag. So irritating. Desmond should've clubbed him with the 5 iron to stop him being such a b!tch.
If they try and do something with Daire, I'll have to kill myself I think. Sorry but Charlie and Claire are a cute couple that needs to make it, not be screwed by someone else. Charlie can manage that on his own!
Cool little experiment though, I think I see where he's going with it. Ask me if you want to hear my hastily-conceived, most-likely-wrong, extravagant-but-not-really theory

The lack of realism still makes me sigh though *sigh*

Tear The World Apart - Just To See If You're Right
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
xgene
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hobbes Thanks for the answers always nice to stand corrected , but I could have sworn he was hitting golf balls, I'll have to check that. However, if they were rocks then he's damaging the clubs...so there

Aislynn wrote:

In the end, we shippers have to support each other because we're ALL going to get shafted eventually!

I agree, but there still can only be one ship that comes out of a love triangle...unless the producers give us all the ultimate shaft and kill Kate

I agree with all the Jaters that have stated the fact that Kate used Jack's "line" as sort of a counter to Sawyer's motto. Someone has probably said this but I believe Kate's declaration of her love to Sawyer was merely a way for Pickett to stop hurting him and that she even seems to be acting like Jack does toward him (aside from the fact they kiss and all that jazz ) *dodges objects thrown by Skaters*. I fear my beloved Skate won't last the winter

Interesting to note that Sawyer was also screaming Jack's name (hehe...I just had a pervy thought there...eewww...). So does this solidify that they are "friends" now cause that would both make me happy and sad.

Spoiler:

For next episode, is it revealed that Ben is the one that has the tumor? It looked that way in the preview

I have spread my dreams under your feet; tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
IntoTheVoid
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spoiler:

Quote:
For next episode, is it revealed that Ben is the one that has the tumor? It looked that way in the preview

Thats the way it looked like to me too. So my whole 'Jack was lying to Juliet about the tumor to play her like the spoilers said' theory is gone

"Jack is the guy she should be with.
She does genuinely love him.
And she knows that he would take excellent care of her." - Damon Lindelof
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xgene wrote:
Hobbes Thanks for the answers always nice to stand corrected , but I could have sworn he was hitting golf balls, I'll have to check that. However, if they were rocks then he's damaging the clubs...so there

My first thought as well: "Well then he's killing those clubs, isn't he?"

xgene wrote:
Interesting to note that Sawyer was also screaming Jack's name (hehe...I just had a pervy thought there...eewww...). So does this solidify that they are "friends" now cause that would both make me happy and sad.

Technically, he was shouting, "Doc!!!" However, I still distinctly heard the sound of Jawyer shippers rejoicing... I do like the idea of Jack and Sawyer being friends. Especially in this situation, the two of them should definitely band together to escape. This wouldn't be the time for them to be butting heads over Kate or whatever right now.

xgene wrote:
Spoiler:

One theory I've heard:

Spoiler:

Those were Sawyer's x-rays! Remember that thing he told Jack about having a family history of tumors (back when he was worried he had a brain tumor causing his headaches)? Now how bad would THAT suck???

No matter who has the tumor, if Jack does do surgery on them to remove a tumor on their spine, they're going to have to seriously bend reality to have that character get back in the action before Lost is in Year 15 -- considering the slow way they cover time in this show! There's just NO way somebody bounces back from that and could be up having another adventure in a matter of "days."

Well, unless of course they whip out the "magic healing properties of the Island" and all of that. In that case, though, if the Island cured Locke's paralysis and Rose's cancer, why does Patient X have a big ol' tumor still growing on their spine???

rbexter93
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

can somebody grab me next weeks promo please
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-zn0MjxRDk&eurl=
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spoiler:

Those were Sawyer's x-rays! Remember that thing he told Jack about having a family history of tumors (back when he was worried he had a brain tumor causing his headaches)? Now how bad would THAT suck???

No matter who has the tumor, if Jack does do surgery on them to remove a tumor on their spine, they're going to have to seriously bend reality to have that character get back in the action before Lost is in Year 15 -- considering the slow way they cover time in this show! There's just NO way somebody bounces back from that and could be up having another adventure in a matter of "days."

Well, unless of course they whip out the "magic healing properties of the Island" and all of that. In that case, though, if the Island cured Locke's paralysis and Rose's cancer, why does Patient X have a big ol' tumor still growing on their spine??? [/quote]

Ruth puts on stubborn kid voice: But I dont want it to be Sawyers!!! Also I DO think its Benry's...why would they take Xrays of Sawyer? They werent *really* going to do the whole weirdo cutting open thingy on him, so why the x-rays?

And yay about it being in the "bubble" of invisibility, that makes a lot of sense. Cause didnt the raftees AND the ship cruise all around the place? So the bubble makes sense...also, if the island was so small, its very possible someone's going to see that ship docked there- unless its in some sort of "cave" but on an island that small, I doubt it.

"You are just an encyclopedia of weirdness." ~ Supernatural
Distress Signal
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xgene wrote:

LOL, love the pervy thought.

Well, the fact that Jack kept asking "Where are my friends", I think that probably solidifies that they both care about each other to a certain degree. Oh here I go again with the slash thoughts....

I'm not sure what's so bad about Paulo hitting golf clubs. He's not that annoying to me anymore. I think I'll actually be able to stand him as time goes on. But Nikki.... that's a completely different story.

sig by IslandofMystery
Rocksiren
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He was screaming Jack's name? Hmmm... I know why, but youre right, its funny.

"You are just an encyclopedia of weirdness." ~ Supernatural
savage_anna
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yesterday I even don't went to my creepy university (sawyer centric , I was waiting for his episode TOO long since the last one),I downloaded the whole episode, and was enjoying every minute of it.

First of all, I'm still a Ben fan (from all previews that I saw before the episode I was expecting my future negative relation to Ben ).
But Ben was just great, totally my second favorite character on the show after Sawyer. He con Sawyer in a way that Sawyer was really needed in my opinion. In his last speech to sawyer he showed that Sawyer have a heart, and he could't be always alone, 'cause if so he will get sick (and I think finally Sawyer really understand this). I think the last three minutes of the show was my favorite part from the whole episode .

Daire he he..I really looking forward to what will happen next, and hopefully smth will

I'm not very impressed with flashback, but it was really connected with what was happening on the island, so I would't critic..

Ok, and my favorite theme ...skate...First time I was kind depressed, but then I thought that actually everything is perfect, 'cause I think
Spoiler:

in 5 episode we will hopefully get some sort of angst, Kate would't talk to him, 'cause he lied to her. and he will be depressed about her answer "I said that only because he stop hitting you". And so he would think that she don't love him...yeah sure...And then in 6 Kate's episode at some point he would reveal to her that he lied only to protect her...and then I will die and goes on my skate haven

Aislynn wrote:

That's extremely nerve-wracking if you've ever been in a situation where you've opened up to somebody and told them something very personal and you don't know how they're going to react. Then, look at what he said, "If you love me..." He didn't start with "Kate, I love you, too. That's why you've got to get out of here!" He just referenced what she'd said without giving much clue as to how he felt about it. She didn't know if he was going to start mocking her, so she cut him off by denying it.

I was in that situation..it's really nervous Poor Kate, I even don't thought about that..damn it Sawyer why he don't said "I love you, but you must leave me now"..But it's a TV show they would't give us all the choices so easy And Sawyer and Kate are such complicated characters, so it would be stange to hear from them "I love you and blah blah blah" (but hopefully we will) ..and well..ok I can wait 2 weeks But it would be a torture weeks

Quote:
So... Why did she get back in the cage? If she truly loves Jack, why wouldn't she have tried to find him? She doesn't know if they had him somewhere beating the living snot out of him, too, right? So why not do some spying, try to find him and see if he's okay? Maybe even try to rescue him herself? Why get back in the cage instead of running away?

After reading this my little depression just "run " away..She totally could run and find Jack, but she did't I think she stayed with Sawyer to show that "every man for himself" is not working, they are together now. May be she showed this in a very angst way, but it's Kate you know
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Overall a great ep! I kinda like Sawyer a bit more now. And I'll say bring Des+Claire on! PB&J is so boring LOL.

Quote:
After reading this my little depression just "run Wink " away..She totally could run and find Jack, but she did't Twisted Evil I think she stayed with Sawyer to show that "every man for himself" is not working, they are together now. May be she showed this in a very angst way, but it's Kate you know

yeah but she loves the doctor, come on we all know that.

Quote:

Exactly.

Quote:

I agree with all the Jaters that have stated the fact that Kate used Jack's "line" as sort of a counter to Sawyer's motto. Someone has probably said this but I believe Kate's declaration of her love to Sawyer was merely a way for Pickett to stop hurting him and that she even seems to be acting like Jack does toward him (aside from the fact they kiss and all that jazz Razz ) *dodges objects thrown by Skaters*. I fear my beloved Skate won't last the winter

Completely agreed.

Looking forward to the next ep.

http://www.dontalmostgive.org
lostzilla
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spoiler:

Was that a FRIGGIN ALIEN in ep 5 promo??

LMAO

http://www.dontalmostgive.org
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7

Jump to: