Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Submit Your Bios.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ringwench
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here goes:

Bio: My name is Ringwench (well, my real name is Sarah--my parents aren't that weird), I'm 25, Canadian, and I'm a huge nerd. I've been vidding since about 2002. I started off in the Buffy fandom and made about 15 mediochre vids that you can see (if you're so inclined) on my website. I've also dabbled in vidding in the Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter fandom but I think I'm finally hitting my vidding stride with Lost and it's great to have such fascinating material to work with and such an awesome group of people who share my passion for vidding.

When I'm not vidding or geeking it up online I can be found hating all of mankind at my job as a customer care rep, or hanging out with my boyfriend and my crazy dog.

I'm a big LOTR fan and, I'll admit, I first tuned in to Lost because I'd heard Dom Monaghan was on it. I was really not expecting Lost to become the obsession that it has since become for me! I know it's the mark of a great show when the character my favorite actor plays is about 6 or 7 notches down on my favorite character list, and though I still love Dom, the fact that he's on the show has gone from the reason to tune in to icing on the cake! I'm quite active on the LVI boards and I can also be found spoiling myself silly on The Fuselage!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
lostcalier
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep the bios coming. The more of these we have prior to the launch of 4.0 the better.

LVI Revolutionizing Fan Video Making!
www.lostvideo.net
Jaime
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My name is Jaime, I'm 14 years old, Female, and American. I started watching Lost when the Moth aired because I heard that Dominic Monaghan was on the show and I knew him from LOTR, which I am completely obsessed with.
One day I stumbled across LVI, and I was amazed
that there were already like 50 videos when the show was pretty much brand new. So I decided to give vidding a go and found out that I enjoyed it, and here we are. So please watch my videos and it'd be really, really cool if you commented on them in the forum.
~Love J-me 05/07/05
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just found this thread and have one of my typically foolish questions that y'all have come to know and love from me...

I believe it said that you want the bios of people with vids that have been accepted to LVI. But I thought I read that the vids are now going to be rotated off LVI if they don't have their own hosting or something along those lines. Soooooo, does somebody like me still submit a bio since I'll end up not having a vid on LVI when its cut-off time comes around?

I can't believe I ask these sorts of questions. I swear, I think it might be my computer that's sane and me who's nuts...

~Aislynn
lostcalier
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's actually a good question Aislynn. Since I've basically put a gag order on my council to not reveal any more 4.0 tidbits I can't really say much. What I will tell you is that we do still need a bio for you and once 4.0 goes live in a few weeks it'll all be crystal clear as to why. I'll tell you this, I've gotten some glipses at 4.0 and all of you will feel like kids on Christmas morning (or whatever holiday that involves surprises) when the site goes live. Enchirito has made a masterpiece of webmaster art with 4.0. So write up those bios and it'll just be another fun surprise when you see what it's all for .

www.lostvideo.net
Harry

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bio: My name is Harry and I have never and probably most likely not post a vid onto LVI for a while. I'm 15 years old and live in Canada. I just recently started to watch LOST (ep 19 i believe) and have been hooked on it ever since (lols 3 eps so far?). I found out about LVI from Hollywood (my cousin) and spend most of my time on here. I don't make vids that much but love to make walls,avatars,sigs, and other art stuff.....

I think thats it
LAURA4LAD
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 2:08 am    Post subject: fuck a duck Reply with quote

fuck a duck is all I have to say about this. Me trying to be short and sweet--wish me luck-l.

BIO:24 year old Bostonian. Jake's twin. Been vidding for 3 years, and am honored to be on the council for the best LOST video site in the land. I have the utmost respect for the council members and those who submit. I'll leave you with a quote-
"If your gonna obsess over something don't half ass it."-madam 4LAD

Jake's Twin

Last edited by LAURA4LAD on Mon May 16, 2005 4:02 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How silly am I? With all the "excitement" of my Internet troubles, I forgot to come back and post my bio! Sorry!

Bio: I LOVE vids -- watching them, creating them, learning anything about them! I tend to use a mixed media style, combining vid clips and animations. Why? Just because it's a bit different and, honestly, because when you use Windows Movie Maker 1, then it needs all the help you can give it!

I've been vidding seriously for 2 months (or 6 if you count the very first "slideshow to music thing" I made as a birthday present) and hope to get better at it with more practice.

~Aislynn

PS - I hate writing bios for some strange reason. But at least in this one I didn't feel compelled to have to talk about myself in the third person! You know those "about the author" bits in books? Always sounds like somebody else is writing them but it's usually the author themselves. And it makes you really feel like an idiot. Especially if you're mentioning how great you are...
Uruviel
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 8:57 am    Post subject: Re: fuck a duck Reply with quote

LAURA4LAD wrote:
"If your gonna obsess over something don't half ass it."-madam 4LAD

LOL Laura, that quote is perfect for me!!! I obsess over things in a big way.

Well, here goes my pathetic attempt at a bio, I totally suck at writing.

My name's Uruviel, real name Heather. I'm 22, from Memphis. I am a level 9 competitive gymnast, gymnastics is my #1 obsession in life, followed by LOTR & Lost, lol. I've been vidding for 3 years, started out doing gymnastics & figure skating vids, then moved on to LOTR vids and started Lost vids about a month ago. I do all my vidding in the middle of the night, and I work with a very old version of VideoStudio. I first wanted to watch Lost because Dom was in it but forgot to tape the first 2 weeks it was on, so the first ep I saw was Tabula Rasa, which I've never seen again. Was hooked then and have since seen every episode (still missing a few on tape though, and that can seriously mess up my vidding ideas). I can't remember how I first came across LVI but I do know that I thought it was one of the coolest sites I'd seen. I'm so impressed with the quality & talent of the vidders on here, and being VERY competitive, yall have pushed me to make myself a better vidder.
lostzilla
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate writing, especially bio LOL anyway here we go.

The name's Nate (as in Nathan), 22 years since I first came to this world. My parents suspected me of being half evil LOL, actually I'm half American. I've been vidded for about 2 years now, started with movies vid (i did a couple of vids like Black Hawk Down, Saving Private Ryan, Jerry Maguire and ahem! 10 Things I hate about you, which weren't that good) so don't ask me if you can see them. I started watching LOst from the first pilot and got hooked real bad! . I really like the directign and the writing of the show, oh and the acting is exceptional. I'm an Alias fan, so I pretty much like JJ Abrams (watch a few episodes of Felicity). I started vidding Lost vids in March for the contest and it turned out pretty good . I've made 3 vids so far and the 4th is on its way. I found out about LVI from the other site's forum (Lost-media) and I thought this is one of the coolest sites and become a regular visitor ever since. What surprised me most is how I was invited to join the council. I only posted like 10 posts when the council asked me to join. If they had known how silly little jerk I was, they (especially Warren) wouldn't have invited me in the first place. It's too late now, those poor guys. LOL I was kidding. Ok back to Bio, hmm that was kinda it. I guess. LVI rock!!

http://www.dontalmostgive.org
LAURA4LAD
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i love talking about myself in the third person Aislynn. Heather I figured everyone could relate LOL. Nate, Warren loves the abuse-l

Jake's Twin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
lostzilla
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laura what are u talking about? Who abuse who?

http://www.dontalmostgive.org
LAURA4LAD
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lostzilla wrote:
Laura what are u talking about? Who abuse who?

i don't have the energy to justify that.

Jake's Twin
lostcalier
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We need bios submitted as soon as possible so that they can be on the site for the big 4.0 premiere.

www.lostvideo.net
Emiloy
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coming out of lurking to post a bio

if only I knew what to write....gah...

Bio: Name's Emiloy, I'm 17, a Brit living in Switzerland, never lived in Britain... discovered vids a few years ago with LOTR, but only recently discovered windows movie maker and gave it a go with my lost eps...and here I am...
When not vidding, I'm either oogling actors (mainly Colin Farrell, Dom Monaghan, Josh Holloway and Jared Leto) writing fics, or just surfing the web (looking for trailers for new movies that never seem to come out...)
In a word I'm a fangirl

I think that's all there is to say about me

*returns to lurk*
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Site Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: