Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

3x05 - The Cost of Living Episode Description
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

View previous topic :: View next topic  
harpreetd

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay! I am soo glad you enjoyed the episode Enchirito. And I am more happier than I have ever been, because LOST is soo awesome right now!

I re-watched the episode and it was still good. I loved the ending as well as the foreshadowing of the red roses Eko walked through before he died.....
xXAngelicEvilXx

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well KC, you might as well watch this little cliffhanger episode, since it will indeed be the last we see until February. Couldn't hurt, right?

Bernard's purpose in the show I think could be contributed to showing a flashback about Rose's condition, to show that there is something freaky medically on the island besides Locke's suddenly cured paralysis. Other than that, we have basically seen NOTHING more about them.

Judging from the promo after last week's episode, I think this cliffhanger will be great, I think this last episode will be great too, and not only because Sawyer will once again be shirtless, but because just from what we see, the episode itself looks promising. I don't even know why I bother to let my nails grow, I'll bite them off while watching this week's episode.
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find it hilarious how the exact same things here are being considered awesome by one party and awful by another. The big reason so many are disappointed with S3 is its complete dump of S2, and yet that's one of E's maor reasons why it's great And the funniest thing is, I can't deny either of them. I agree, S3's plotline is much more interesting to me because they chopped out the S2 stuff, but I'm still dismayed that the writers wasted a season like that. It's like they're making us choose to prefer Season 2 or Season 3. They're like two completely seperate entities like two seperate Harry Potter books - in the second one, everything is back to the way it used to be, back in Privet Drive.

Quote:

So, while this season has been far from perfect, I am loving it so far. Will it last based on the writers now shady track record? Who knows. The writers don't inspire confidence.

Very true.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Michelina
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with the remarks being made about S3 chopping off what we had left of S2, but I'm actually not sure if 'chopping' is the best word, because it makes the removals sound a bit careless and as if not much thought was put into them. Maybe I'm reading too deep into things, but what if removing the remaining things from S2 actually has a purpose?

I was thinking about this earlier today: I'm not sure how many people remember this, but Damon or Carlton said sometime this past spring that Hurley/Libby was the replacement pairing for Charlie/Claire, in the means of being "the cute couple". Libby got killed off (woe), and Charlie and Claire were free to go back to their cute status. This was the first, small example of something that developed in S2 and was later completely shattered and replaced to make room for new developments in S3.

Let's look at Season Three, now:

-The hatch imploded, and was replaced with Othersville/the Hydra.

-Locke, who doubted his faith in the island throughout most of S2, regained his faith in early S3. Eko, who had filled the spot of Man of Faith during the period of time where Locke's faith was absent, was killed off soon after Locke's faith returned.

These are just tiny samples, and like I said, maybe I'm looking too deep into it, but perhaps the message sent by all of this is that, in Lost, now matter which way you spin it, things will always return to the core of their true selves. Jack in particular is a good example of that. No matter how much hatred he may feel for somebody, and now matter how much he wants them to FEEL pain, he won't physically hurt them. It's just who he is, it's how he's always been, from what we can see.

Maybe, in Lost, things that change throughout the course of the series will always come full circle, and return to how it used to be. It's a total mindf*ck, and makes the redemption theme totally pointless, but I sometimes get the feeling of deja-vu with this show, when things come full circle or are thrown back at us (eg, Locke using Eko's words when he told Desmond not to mistake coincidence for fate. AWKWARD).
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a good point Michelina! And if I can add to it, we saw that Eko didn't redeem himself... he wasn't sorry for all the killings he's done. He was who he was... a killer. So maybe redemption won't be attainable for all characters. Some will redeem themselves, others won't.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm actually glad Eko died. He wasnt sorry? Harsh. Then again, the reason he said he wasn't sorry for his killings was cos he was protecting his little brother. So maybe then was a realisation for him, so thats why he died.

Meh. Just a guess

"Jack is the guy she should be with.
She does genuinely love him.
And she knows that he would take excellent care of her." - Damon Lindelof
harpreetd

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me and my little brother are really close. I know for a fact I would give my life in order to save his anyday...

Don't judge Eko too harshly, after all, his whole life was decided after that one incident of sweetness. And let's not forget the only one's Eko killed are "bad people". Let's not forget that the Others did the same with that one guy in the tailies section.

Eko has always wanted to be reunited with his brother.. and finally he has been. The ending was perfect.
cylune
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Don't judge Eko too harshly, after all, his whole life was decided after that one incident of sweetness. And let's not forget the only one's Eko killed are "bad people". Let's not forget that the Others did the same with that one guy in the tailies section.
People being 'bad' isn't a reason for killing them. The two people he killed because one of them said he had no soul was pure evil. And if there's an heaven and hell, I'm not sure Eko's reunited with his brother.

And I consider Goodwin killing Nathan as a despicable act also.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wise words form Cylune. Talk about take the words straight out of my mouth..

harpreetd

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I am trying to say is that many of our losties have already killed in their past... and even on the island. When Eko killed one of the other's he apoligized and asked for forgiveness. This shows that he was trying to change. Most of his killing was out of defense anyways. Would you just give up in life and surrender? If someone was trying to cut off my hands in the church and kill off some of the towns people, I would defend myself.

However, yes indeed it is wrong to kill even bad people however what I am saying is that he is not the only person who is doing it.. so saying your glad he's dead IS kind of harsh... there are many others who have killed as well such as Sawyer. But people will still like him even when he will die.
I believed that Eko was a wonderful character. He had soo much more faith than most of the others while his life was full of soo much hatred and darkness.
IntoTheVoid
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good points, but that was just my opinion remember. Sawyer did kill someone but his character has been in the show since S1 and has a very interesting characteristics and he is always exciting. Sometimes I get those bad days where I don't like him, but I always end up giving in and liking him again. Eko was only in the show for a season, I have only liked one of his flashbacks (the others kinda put me to sleep) and we hardly saw him for a few episodes. I would have probably liked him if I had seen alot more of him, but they just didn't make me scream 'NO EKO NO' when he died.

Plus getting beaten up by smoke. This is from a guy who kills gangsters?

That was a joke incase you didn't notice

harpreetd

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gotcha. You have made good points as well. I guess it all comes down to how much you like Eko as a character, and how you relate to him.

Anyways, thanks for listening and replying. I've been wanting to say some of these things for a while.
IntoTheVoid
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No probs. Glad ya listened to my views (and I listened to yours)!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Page 9 of 9

Jump to: