Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

3x04 - Every Man For Himself Episode Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cylune
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rocksiren wrote:
You know, they couldve made the whole lightning rod thing a bit more obvious, like instead of asking to fix her roof, maybe suggesting she leave or something(?)
I don't think either Claire or Charlie would had believed him if he told them the tent was going to be hit by lightning. "Guys, there's a storm coming and you 3 are going to die. Move your tent away from here."

Quote:
And heehee about the pulse at watching Kate undress and bucket of water.

Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well that episode was odd....
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Explain!

"Jack is the guy she should be with.
She does genuinely love him.
And she knows that he would take excellent care of her." - Damon Lindelof
rbexter93
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well the poor bunny! The pace maker and the prision thing confused me. Well abit. How did the others get them to the other island? How did Sayid and the gang (and the tailies on their trek) not see the other island?
I actually liked the Skate, cute when he was excited at her getting changed!
I also liked when Juliette admitted she needed Jack. It was sweet, might maek a jackette video one day...
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rbexter93 wrote:
How did Sayid and the gang (and the tailies on their trek) not see the other island?

Thats actually a good question... which I do not have the answer to

"Jack is the guy she should be with.
She does genuinely love him.
And she knows that he would take excellent care of her." - Damon Lindelof
Spiral Static
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I was wondering why the raft crew didn't see the other island either, back in season 2.
Perhaps they're always on the other side of it or something.

Banner By Nokoolaidforme.
Distress Signal
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spiral Static wrote:
Yeah, I was wondering why the raft crew didn't see the other island either, back in season 2.

Or if it had anything to do with the electomagnetic anomoly shielding it somehow....

Well, I have to say, Sawyer episodes always surprise me. I remember back in season 1, before Confidence Man aired I knew it would be a Sawyer episode and thought it would be boring and stupid. But I was totally wrong. It was really intense and interesting, and I was amazed by Josh's acting. I underestimated this one too, initially, which is why I read up on spoilers from people who were already watching the episode.

OMG, the best scene probably has to be when Colleen died, and Pickett got so upset that he beat up Sawyer and made Kate cry. OMG. Everyone was intensely emotional. It got me stirred up (I almost never cry at anything on a screen).

I felt a lot better about the whole bunny thing when I realized it was still alive and they didn't screw with Sawyer's body. That sounded bad...

sig by IslandofMystery
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cutting right to the heart of the matter (for li'l Skater me, that is... ):

"I only said that so he'd stop hitting you." AKA the line Jaters are clinging to. (I don't blame y'all! We Skater use "I'm sorry I kissed you" in the same way! ) But my take on it... She was forced to blurt out her feelings. It wasn't in a nice "safe" way where they were gazing into each other's eyes by candlelight etc. She didn't get to judge his reaction when she said it, to see how it was received. That's extremely nerve-wracking if you've ever been in a situation where you've opened up to somebody and told them something very personal and you don't know how they're going to react. Then, look at what he said, "If you love me..." He didn't start with "Kate, I love you, too. That's why you've got to get out of here!" He just referenced what she'd said without giving much clue as to how he felt about it. She didn't know if he was going to start mocking her, so she cut him off by denying it.

However, that can still be my Skater self putting a spin on the scene, right? Then I submit to you the following:

1. Kate "runs." If you haven't noticed by now.

2. Kate has seen Jack and knows he's somewhere nearby.

3. She could leave and bring back help to rescue both Jack and Sawyer (since she doesn't know they're on separate islands).

So... Why did she get back in the cage? If she truly loves Jack, why wouldn't she have tried to find him? She doesn't know if they had him somewhere beating the living snot out of him, too, right? So why not do some spying, try to find him and see if he's okay? Maybe even try to rescue him herself? Why get back in the cage instead of running away?

'Cause, you know, Kate's been known to run before. Just in case that's been too subtle.

*gives Jaters cookies to show she means no offense*

*gives Skater strawberry-flavored fish biscuits, just because...*

rbexter93 wrote:
How did the others get them to the other island? How did Sayid and the gang (and the tailies on their trek) not see the other island?

I wondered that myself. Only thing I can figure is that the Lostie Island is big enough that they haven't seen around the "back" of it yet, where "Alcatraz the Second" is at.
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spiral Static wrote:

Distress Signal wrote:
Or if it had anything to do with the electomagnetic anomoly shielding it somehow....

Oops, sorry, I crossposted you both while writing my long-winded post. Well, at least we're all on kinda the same page with that!

Distress Signal wrote:
I felt a lot better about the whole bunny thing when I realized it was still alive and they didn't screw with Sawyer's body. That sounded bad...

I LOVED Ben's (trying to stick to calling him just Ben, not Benry or Henry anymore ) line: "The only thing we put in you...was doubt." And that's all it really takes, after all.
PsychoCynic
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Agreed. That poor bunny... And, to your second statement, LMAO!

Well, I liked the episode.

The flashbacks had a strange feel to them (mostly because the whole setting was a prison), but were suspenseful. And it's obviously isn't surprising that Sawyer has a daughter (what with the lifestyle he leads!), but I was taken aback by it. Even though he denied her, I really do believe it is his daughter, because even Sawyer believes it (or else why would be set up an account for her).

I really had thought they put a pacemaker in Sawyer too. I was laughing out loud when Kate was undressing and Sawyer HAD to turn away. The whole "live together, die alone" scene at Kate's almost-escape was heart-wretching! It killed me how Sawyer persisted on her leaving, but she went back to her cage. It was very Shakespearean.

I was pleased with the whole Juliet/Jack thing too, and what Ruth mentioned, the parallel between Benry/Locke and Jack/Juliet. Also like Jack being the "good guy" and still be willing to help out his enemy. This Benry tumor thing is interesting (though at first I thought it was Sawyer with the tumor! )

Finally, Desmond is still awesome!!! I love how is sooo completely nonchalant about his new ability. I'm really liked the Daire and PB&J scenes, as well.

As for the new guy, Paul, I really don't like him. Sure he's gorgeous, but his character (all 30 seconds we saw of it) irritates me. As does the new female character (played by Kiele Sanchaz - sorry, can't remember the character).

About the second island thing, it's all very suspicious. Along with all the other doubts everyone else has, how could the Others have gotten Jack, Sawyer, and Kate on that island. In the second season finale, the only boat the Others had, when they met up with Jack, Kate, Sawyer, Hurley, and Michael, was the one that Michael and Walt took to go home! There's something very fishy about this ...
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL.

Aislynn crossposted with SS and DS, and I crossposted with Aislynn.
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PsychoCynic wrote:
LOL.

I'm glad it was that and not "Dang, Aislynn had nothing of any substance to say so I'm going to totally ignore her post!"
Spiral Static
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
So... Why did she get back in the cage? If she truly loves Jack, why wouldn't she have tried to find him? She doesn't know if they had him somewhere beating the living snot out of him, too, right? So why not do some spying, try to find him and see if he's okay? Maybe even try to rescue him herself? Why get back in the cage instead of running away?

'Cause, you know, Kate's been known to run before. Just in case that's been too subtle.

But she used Jack's line.
I basically think that she doesn't want to leave without both Jack and Sawyer. [Live Together etc. etc.] Sawyer was being completely out of it, and like she said, it scared her. She's not going to just run away like that, and leave poor Sawyer to die. Romantically or not, she cares about both those guys, so just running away is the cowardly way out. She's sticking through it with them.
Plus, I think she's too scared to escape all by herself.

PsychoCynic
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aislynn wrote:
PsychoCynic wrote:
LOL.

I'm glad it was that and not "Dang, Aislynn had nothing of any substance to say so I'm going to totally ignore her post!"

Lol. Nooo.

That last part would be refered over to my post, not yours.
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Finally, Desmond is still awesome!!! I love how is sooo completely nonchalant about his new ability.

Haha. I loved that too, the way he just doesn't seem to register it properly. It made me laugh when he was telling Hurley it was going to rain or whatever.
And last episode, when he was just there throwing rocks into the water.

Quote:
As for the new guy, Paul, I really don't like him. Sure he's gorgeous, but his character (all 30 seconds we saw of it) irritates me. As does the new female character (played by Kiele Sanchaz - sorry, can't remember the character).

Gah. I don't like him. He seems like he's our 'replacement'. It's like, now Jack's out of the way, all those little survivors who didn't dare to talk are finally free. The other character aren't supposed to get lines. We only care about the real Losties.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7

Jump to: