Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sony Vegas Movie Studio on sale 11-10-06 to 11-14-06

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Technical Vidding Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 9:53 pm    Post subject: Sony Vegas Movie Studio on sale 11-10-06 to 11-14-06 Reply with quote

MoreLight did this back when he spotted a good price for Sony Vegas Movie Studio and I was able to get it at a really good deal! So now I'm try ing to "pay it forward" by keeping an eye out for a good discount on Movie Studio, just in case anybody else is interested in making this "very awesome for its price, in my opinion" software legally yours!

Here's the deal from Frys.com:

http://shop1.outpost.com/product/4559397

It's on sale at $59.99 with a $60 rebate back, which makes it free IF you meet the criteria for all of the rebates. It's the $30 Competitive Upgrade rebate that's going to trip most people up, I'm afraid, because you have to show proof of ownership of a competitor's product (and most everybody is coming from WMM, which doesn't qualify).

However, the other $30 rebate is just a mail-in rebate from what I can tell, so just about everybody should at least be able to get the price down to $29.99. Note, you do have to pay the $59.99 plus tax and all that hooey first, then you get the $30 back in the mail several weeks later.

I don't know about International orders and the like, I'm afraid, so if you're in some place other than the US, I don't know if this is do-able for you but be sure to poke around Frys.com and find out, if you're interested in this offer.

I should note, there are a few differences between Sony Vegas Movie Studio 6.0 and the full version of Sony Vegas 6.0. Movie Studio lacks a few of the more advanced "bells and whistles" that the full version has but, in my opinion, it's still an incredible program, much more advanced than WMM and a LOT more stable. So if you're looking to make the jump from WMM to a newer editing program, this might be your chance to do it for less than the several hundred dollars the full version costs. I know I've been extremely happy with Movie Studio! It's a powerful program and this is a pretty darn good price for it, IMO, even if you can't take advantage of that second rebate!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Technical Vidding Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: