Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

downloading suggestion for LVI 4.0

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LostLove

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 9:28 pm    Post subject: downloading suggestion for LVI 4.0 Reply with quote

This is my first time on a board, but i have a question for Lostcalier and Enchirito!. When LVI 4.0 is created could you make options for the type of file to download? I can't watch all of them because I only have Windows Media Player. I asked my dad if I could get torrent but he said no. Also when I had Real Player my computer kept crashing. If you don't understand I guess this could work. You could have a video like "Priceless Moment" and when someone wants to watch they can choose according to the player they have like:Windows Media Player,Real Player, Quicktime, or Torrent. It's just a sugestion to make the next site better. Some of the videos I really want to watch, but I can't. I'll be more fun the next time come on. Don't worry. ByeBye

p.s. "The Widow" is one of my favorite songs. I was thrilled to see it on here.
lostcalier
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Other people have brought thst up before. We'll look into it and see if it is something we can do with LVI 4.0. Enchirito is the technical mastermind of the site so he'll have to determine what is and isn't possible but I'll definitely bring it up with the other council members as we figure out what exactly 4.0 will be like.

Thanks for the ideas and keep them coming. By the way welcome to LVI!

LVI Revolutionizing Fan Video Making!
www.lostvideo.net
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that would be a very good idea to implement into the search bar if and when Enchirito makes it, but I'm not sure if there are enough people out there with this problem that we would need to reorganize the site for it. But notice how each video has the file extension next to it? you can tell which videos can be downloaded by regular means just by reading the text underneath the "download" button. If it says "Right click, save as" that's the type you want. Then, you need the file extension to read "WMV" for windows media player.
If you can't stand doing that, then I suggest you talk to your dad again give the ol' puppy eyes

and any video that says "AVI" can be downloaded if you get the program "winamp": http://www.winamp.com/. ask your dad for that one too
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
LostLove

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

trust me I've given my dad puppy eyes many times. When i had winzip files installed my computer kept mess'n up and when i asked him for torrent he said it was just a way for people to get into my computer. i listen to him because he is a computer programer at Optimum Solutions. he knows what he's talkin about. this idea came from goin on movie sites where they would have options. what i said about being more fun next time. LOOK BAD SPELLIN. i'm kinda happy bout that. well thanky bunchies for replyin to my post, i preciate it. oh and you guys are really cool. i'd been lookin for video sites for a while and i'm glad i found yours.

I LOVE SMILIES. you can tell.
LostLove

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh and also ,i just remembered, whenever i click on one of the files that i can't play, this little warning sign will come up that says "your cuurent security settings do not allow this file to be downloaded". my dad has made it so that i can't load up files that are dangerous (sp). my problem somtimes even happens when the "Right click,save as" is near the download button. plus since this is my first time on message boards there might be other people who have this problem but can't say. i've been on this sight for a few months now and i love it. some of the videos that are from my play list are the ones you won't pick like "Oh, Pretty Woman" and "I Shall Believe". "I Shall Believe" won't play anymore. i can't remember who made it but they must have changed there settings. oh that's another thing, sometimes when i would play my playlist some of the songs would not work. i would have to reload them again. why is that. Your the masterminds and i wish i knew as much bout stinkin computers as you do. thanki for talkin to me. this was suposed to be short but...
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you should seriously talk to your dad about these things. Those symptoms all sound like they're specific to your computer. It's good that your dad is so computer adept, but I wonder if he's taking it too far. Unless your computer has some serious information that is vital to you and your parents, it seems a little strange to be THIS careful about a computer. I've been extremely careless with what I download and such for years, and have gone by without ANY serious virus alerts or warnoings of others hacking into my computer. Granted, they may have just gone under my three antivirus and spyware program's radar, but if they have, there weren't any problems I know of with credit card numbers, slow computer speed, or anything else. It may just be me, but I think computers should be used to enjoy things, even if it means a little risk to their running speed once in a while, and if being careful prevents you from being able to download some perfectly safe thing that makes you happy, it seems a little strange...
Anyway, you should talk to your dad to find out why those files don't work. I'm sure he'll know lol. And good luck getting everyhting working! Keep watching the videos! We'll be back in a few weeks twice as good as before
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
LostLove

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

People who work with my dad told him that their computers crash when they had Realplayer or winzip files. Also when he read the lettle post of uors about loading torrent, he came back to me and said "It basically says that if you load it up anyone can get into your PC and look up your files. They can also download dangerous stuff onto your computer without you knowing." The second part is what happened to me when I had Realplayer. Things would start popping up that i never wanted to be on my computer. my computer crashed twice because of Realplayer and winzip files.Many of the files that hurt my PC were from lost-media.com. I might talk to them to. the reason i created this topic is because there might be lots of other people with this problem but might not be allowed on message boards. this is the first message board i've ever been on. My parents used to think i was to young to be on one and might give personal information. I wish my posts weren't so long. Bye Bye
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Site Talk All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: