Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Fire and Water" by Michelina
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LVI Bot

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 6:21 pm    Post subject: "Fire and Water" by Michelina Reply with quote

"Fire and Water" 01-28-2006
A fast-paced overview of Season Two-Episode 12: Fire and Water.
Song: Sorry by Our Lady Peace
Vidder: Michelina
Length: 3:20 (11.1MB WMV)

Link: http://media.putfile.com/Fire-Water-Sorry

Michelina
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...Yes, I know. Another introduction. *facepalm*

Okay, well, this video only took two days to make, because 1: the song was short, and 2: the clips were all from one episode, thus, easy to find and edit. However, my program kept on closing on me and this was a real pain in the rear to make because of the quick edits to fit certain words (which isn't fun to do while your computer is slowly dying), so I hope that someone reviews this even if it is a negative review!! Yes, I'm that desperate - just so I know that somebody watched it and I didn't have to have all of those self-therapy sessions for nothing after my computer froze.

All right, now, this video was made for selfish purposes, I'll admit to that - I wasn't entirely satisfied with the episode Fire + Water and I made this video in hopes that I would appreciate it more. ..Yeah, that was pretty dumb, because after watching the clips over dozens of times, I got sick of it. But anyway. I was at least satisfied with the results of this video - not entirely satisfied, I still have some things I like to nitpick about - but I hope you like it anyway, even if you didn't particularly enjoy Fire + Water.

The description says this video is an overview of Fire + Water, which it is - however, it sort of morphed into a Charlie-centric video as well [duh, it was his episode], so that is why you will see his face and flashbacks popping up, umm, a..couple of times. Okay, a little more than a couple. A lot of the time. The entire video. ...Heh. I'm sorry guys, but I had to get the story across and to do so, I had to use a lot of le Charlie. I'm sorry!

Also, as a Charlie/Claire shipper, this video implied a lot of PB&J. For which I apologize, incase there are any Coake people watching out there. *cowers*

Also, the vid is NOT in chronological order, so if you're sitting there, confused, thinking "What...the fire happened AFTER Hurley and Libby verbally copulated! What the hell?!" ... I, uh, intended for it to be like that. *cough**grumble* Err...sorry..again.

Anyway, despite the above things I have listed, it would be nice to hear your thoughts on the video, whether it be good or bad.

--Michelina

P.S: Sorry for the low-picture quality, my versions of the Season Two episodes are not the most sharp and beautiful. And Putfile tends to make it look worse. Maybe it's just me...yeah, probably. Well, anyways, hope you enjoy!
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like your introductions, Michelina!

Michelina wrote:
However, my program kept on closing on me and this was a real pain in the rear to make because of the quick edits to fit certain words (which isn't fun to do while your computer is slowly dying), so I hope that someone reviews this even if it is a negative review!! Yes, I'm that desperate - just so I know that somebody watched it and I didn't have to have all of those self-therapy sessions for nothing after my computer froze.

Oh do I feel your pain! I've done more "vidding while the computer is dying" than I care to remember! What program are you using, just out of curiosity?

Anyway, on to the vid! I think it's cool to see an episode recap that's done out of "proper" order. It's nice to see a new spin on an ep!

The song was a great choice, especially given that this was done mainly from Charlie's point-of-view. Beautiful editing with all the quick-cuts to the beats. Niiiiiiiiice!

No worries about the quality of your clips, BTW. If anybody has issue with it, then obviously they've been lucky enough to get great quality clips and they don't know what it's like when you have to scour the Internet, just hoping you'll find something you can use and that its quality will be at least half-way decent... *pauses for breath and crawls off soap-box*

Great job! You brought up all the important points of the ep and got them to match the lyrics, hit on the beat, and look good while doing all of the above. Cool!

~Aislynn
harpreetd

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya I wasn't necessarily very pleased with this episode either. But great job on the video! Nice song and your editing was awesome. I have more respect for this episode of Lost and thanks for making me see it in a better "light"

I especially loved how you edited towards the end... when you showed Charlie putting on his hood.. very nice.

I wouldn't say im a huge Charlie fan, but I do enjoy having him on the show. He's a lot of fun.
Sheree
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There really seems to be this Love Hate relationship with Charlie.

IMO Charlie is the best character on the show...I enjoy them all for different reasons but Charlie is the one that stands out.

So being a fan of Charlie .... I enjoyed you video alot. The song choice was excellent and the editing was great.

I actually enjoyed the episode and it had nothing to do with it being about Charlie. I just thought it was entertaining...but that's just me.

People go on about how they hate Charlie because of the mistakes he makes...to me that just makes him more interesting...beside no one on that island is perfect...they all have issues from their past that they had or have to deal with.
Michelina
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aislynn wrote:
I like your introductions, Michelina!

Oh do I feel your pain! I've done more "vidding while the computer is dying" than I care to remember! What program are you using, just out of curiosity?

Anyway, on to the vid! I think it's cool to see an episode recap that's done out of "proper" order. It's nice to see a new spin on an ep!

The song was a great choice, especially given that this was done mainly from Charlie's point-of-view. Beautiful editing with all the quick-cuts to the beats. Niiiiiiiiice!

No worries about the quality of your clips, BTW. If anybody has issue with it, then obviously they've been lucky enough to get great quality clips and they don't know what it's like when you have to scour the Internet, just hoping you'll find something you can use and that its quality will be at least half-way decent... *pauses for breath and crawls off soap-box*

Great job! You brought up all the important points of the ep and got them to match the lyrics, hit on the beat, and look good while doing all of the above. Cool!

~Aislynn

Awh! Thanks so much Aislynn! Heh heh, nice rant about the clips, I totally agree.

And as for programs: I go back and forth between Windows Movie Maker and ULead. If they both keep treating me horribly, though, I may have to let vidding go entirely. Too. Much. Stress. But vidding is too much of a fun way to express my obsessions, so I don't think that will happen anytime soon, no matter how mad it makes me.

I am very glad you liked the song choice - there aren't any other videos using Our Lady Peace songs on LVI, so I was worried that there was some secret, unknown pact going on with LVI vidders concerning never using OLP but...I haven't gotten my head blown off yet so I suppose I'm all right! For now.

harpreetd wrote:
Ya I wasn't necessarily very pleased with this episode either. But great job on the video! Nice song and your editing was awesome. I have more respect for this episode of Lost and thanks for making me see it in a better "light"

I especially loved how you edited towards the end... when you showed Charlie putting on his hood.. very nice.

I wouldn't say im a huge Charlie fan, but I do enjoy having him on the show. He's a lot of fun.

Woot! Thank-you very much. I am glad the vid helped you see Fire + Water in a new light, hee. That was mainly what I was aiming for, and I am glad it worked out for you, even as someone who's not a big Charlie-fan! It make me feel all cornishly warm and proud inside...

Yeah. LOL. I am also thrilled that you liked the end with Charlie's hood - even though that little montage goes by quick, it took freakin FOREVER! So, I am very, very happy that you noticed it! Thanks again, harpreetd!

Sheree wrote:
There really seems to be this Love Hate relationship with Charlie.

IMO Charlie is the best character on the show...I enjoy them all for different reasons but Charlie is the one that stands out.

So being a fan of Charlie .... I enjoyed you video alot. The song choice was excellent and the editing was great.

I actually enjoyed the episode and it had nothing to do with it being about Charlie. I just thought it was entertaining...but that's just me.

People go on about how they hate Charlie because of the mistakes he makes...to me that just makes him more interesting...beside no one on that island is perfect...they all have issues from their past that they had or have to deal with.

Uh oh! Have I come off as someone who despises Charlie?

That's a first.

Don't you worry Sheree, you're not alone! I ADORE Charlie. Like you said, his imperfections are a part of what make him who he is. I looked very much forward to this episode, and enjoyed the flashbacks and his storyline - I actually loved everything to do with Charlie in this ep'. Just certain scenes with other people and they way they acted just really touched a nerve with me, and I didn't feel it went with the flow of the episode as I watched it. But I'll stop talking about that now before I have yet another rant [for that, you can see my longish post in the Fire + Water Episode Discussion thread ].

Thank-you for watching the vid and commenting. You can never get enough Charlie goodness.
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

No you haven't ....I can tell you are a fan of his

Besides my comments on your video the rest of my post was in general not meant to be directed at you.
MoreLight
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. This was an interesting video.

I didn't find the song as one that caught my attention but the video's story and theme really drew me into it. There were some tricky parts to the beats and you did a good job of matching scene cuts to them.

I am very impressed with your vidding skills because usually if I'm not a big fan of the song I am unable to watch the whole vid to such song. Nice work on the ending too with the return of hooded Charlie/the fire.

My lost music vids
Michelina
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sheree wrote:
Quote:

No you haven't ....I can tell you are a fan of his

Besides my comments on your video the rest of my post was in general not meant to be directed at you.

Oh, thank goodness! Phew. You had me worried that it looked like I was bashing Charlie in the video, or, uh, something. Woah. That would be a sin in my own little world. Thanks again!

MoreLight wrote:
Wow. This was an interesting video.

I didn't find the song as one that caught my attention but the video's story and theme really drew me into it. There were some tricky parts to the beats and you did a good job of matching scene cuts to them.

I am very impressed with your vidding skills because usually if I'm not a big fan of the song I am unable to watch the whole vid to such song. Nice work on the ending too with the return of hooded Charlie/the fire.

Sweet! Thanks very much for your reviews, I'm pleased that you pointed out both positive and negative aspects you found while watching the video - this kind of feedback means a lot to me. You have a great eye and I am deeply flattered that, despite your distaste in the song, you still continued to watch the vid. It means so much, so thanks a bunch! ...Oh, eww - Ignore the fact that my last sentence just cornishly rhymed. *shakes head in shame*

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesomeness! I love Charlie and I'm a Charlie/Claire shipper so I didn't mind any of that. I also loved the episode and that just reminded me how much I loved it because it was Charlie-centered and it's just so cool.

I'm sorry but I can't turn this into a negative review because I don't know what I could say that would be bad... you'll just have to live with my two thumbs up.
Uruviel
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great song for this episode, very cool video.
lolohannah
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

really amazing i loved it
Michelina
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

charlie_hobbit wrote:
Awesomeness! I love Charlie and I'm a Charlie/Claire shipper so I didn't mind any of that. I also loved the episode and that just reminded me how much I loved it because it was Charlie-centered and it's just so cool.

I'm sorry but I can't turn this into a negative review because I don't know what I could say that would be bad... you'll just have to live with my two thumbs up.

Aww, that's very sweet of you! I think I can live with your two thumbs up. It's very relieving to know that someone loved the video so much. Thanks, charlie_hobbit!

Uruviel wrote:
Great song for this episode, very cool video.

Thanks very much, Uruviel! That means a lot coming from you, Miss. [or is it Mrs.?] Head of the CP Hall of Fame.

lolohannah wrote:
really amazing i loved it

Thanks lolohannah! I'm pleased that you thought the video good enough to call it "amazing".

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i really like that vid is kewl, i hate that claire hates charlie though, i hope they get it sorted out because they make a really cute couple.
Michelina
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ LOL. That was a bit of an odd comment to read, now that the season is over and it looks as if Charlie and Claire are going to try and resolve things. It makes Fire + Water seem so long ago.

Anyway, cylune informed me that the original link was dead, so here is a new one, should anyone else want to watch it:

http://media.putfile.com/FireWaterRecap
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Videos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: