Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

sound effects?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Technical Vidding Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Uherenye
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 12:55 am    Post subject: sound effects? Reply with quote

Does anyone know where I could find sound effects that can be used in WMM? Specifically, I'm looking for the sound of a record stopping...you know, that sound that's on a lot of TV shows and stuff. Thanks!
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can actually use sound effects from anything as long as it's a audio file type that WMM can read: WAV, MP3, WMA, etc. I found a sound effects CD-ROM for just a couple of bucks in a bargain bin and I use it a lot!

I don't know of any ones that are legally free, though. But at least you can usually find them pretty cheap and they usually have hundreds of different sounds on them...

Ooo, and I know the sound that you mean, that record stopping thing! I don't have that exact sound but I've used car brakes squealing to kinda fake it before...
Uherenye
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your help! In the end I remembered that that particular sound appeared in Hurley's dream in the hatch, so I was able to isolate it and use it for my video.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Technical Vidding Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: