Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Black Hole" by Maddyz
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LVI Bot

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:37 pm    Post subject: "Black Hole" by Maddyz Reply with quote

"Black Hole" 02-25-2006
Kates dark past haunts her and her inablility to move on is tearing her away from her friends and into the darkness.
Song: Black Hole by Lindsay Lohan
Vidder: Maddyz
Length: 4:00 (22.3 MB WMV)

Link: http://media.putfile.com/Black-Hole
Madz25
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yay my video made it!!! haha sorry Im just really happy oops but the song is "Black Hole" by Lindsay Lohan, not Lindsay Lohan by Black Hole lol

banner by me! Vist my deviantart for my Lost drawings!---> http://maddy25.deviantart.com
whitestone1623
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty good! Some of the hue changes were a bit distracting for me, but the song fits well with Kate and I really like the scenes you chose for certain parts of the song. Great job!
Madz25
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WhiteStone wrote:
Pretty good! Some of the hue changes were a bit distracting for me, but the song fits well with Kate and I really like the scenes you chose for certain parts of the song. Great job!

Thank you so much for giving me my first comment ever here at LVI

banner by me! Vist my deviantart for my Lost drawings!---> http://maddy25.deviantart.com
whitestone1623
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're welcome. I'm new here, too
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First off, welcome to LVI, Madz25 (and WhiteStone, too! )!

Anyway, I really enjoyed your vid. I haven't heard that particular song before but I thought it really fit Kate well. Nice!

Also, you did a great job paying attention to the beats, which is something that I just personally really like. Great job!

Looking forward to seeing many more vids from you!
Madz25
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aislynn wrote:
First off, welcome to LVI, Madz25 (and WhiteStone, too! )!

Anyway, I really enjoyed your vid. I haven't heard that particular song before but I thought it really fit Kate well. Nice!

Also, you did a great job paying attention to the beats, which is something that I just personally really like. Great job!

Looking forward to seeing many more vids from you!

Thank you so much for your comment! I thought the song fit Kate too! Im happy people are watching it and not just seeing Lindsay Lohans name and leaving lol she doesnt get much respect as a musician which is a shame because some oif her songs are really good Thank you for being so nice!!!!!

Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madz25 wrote:
Im happy people are watching it and not just seeing Lindsay Lohans name and leaving lol she doesnt get much respect as a musician which is a shame because some oif her songs are really good Thank you for being so nice!!!!!

Believe me, I understand! My second ever vid was to a Justin Timberlake song and I just about NEVER lived that one down! But at least people still gave it a chance, even though they usually mentioned how much they hated the song!

Metro
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loved this video. I can't stop watching it.

Great use of clips, and awesome timing and paying attention to the beat of the song. Even the song was good . You did a great job!

P.s. I Love the banner in your sig.
lostzilla
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love the song (ok so I'm a Lindsay Lohan fan, Kill me!!)

Enjoyed your vid a lot. Hope to see more from ya soon.

http://www.dontalmostgive.org
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was a well-done and very dedicated video! Great beat use, loved the small smidgets of storyline that I happened to catch as it sped through, and I agree the song is great for videos You'd be surprised how often the Avrils, Linseys, and Hillary Duffs asctually make good vid songs

I sent you that PM before, and thought I'd check out your other vid. They're very simillar vids, so I'd watch that when you make your next one, and just because we say beat use doesn't mean you have to use every beat! I love one that always pays attention to the beats, especially if they use effects to do it, but even more I appreciate someone who tells a story with the clips and doesn't jump around all over the place without reason. Unfortunately that sometimes ends up making the video look random ;( even though I don't think they were meant to be random.
To me, that last scene with Kate at the bank was a perfectly good use of beat use, and there should be no reason anyone complains about it having more. You used effects and different "shots" but still kept the same scene, allowing us top get the full impact of what you were trying to portray! I love that!
But don't let me sway you too much, just letting oyu know you don't have to use that much beat if you don't want to, so don't be afraid of us criticising you just for taking it a little slower. But that's just my opinion, and I don't know if other CMs would agree with it sorry I can't be more help, but I can't make them change their opinions, can I?

A very nice video though, especially for a relative first-timer to vidding. Good luck in the future!

P.S. fixed the Lindsay Lohan/Black Hole thing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Madz25
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh my goodness thank you so much guys!!! YEs this one is similar to the Clarlie/Claire one I showed you Hobbes but dont worry my vids arnt all like this haha I am exparimenting with new styles and the 2 I just made are completely different I love trying new styles and music types!

I really love hearing everything anyone has to say about them so thanks to everyone who wrote!

lovinJamesF87@yahoo.com

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

holy crap, great video!
Madz25
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lovinJamesF87@yahoo.com wrote:
holy crap, great video!

Lol! Thank you so much

Blank sky

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn i'm commenting like crazy nowadays, but that video was great. I HAD to watch it again. Wow that songs by Linsey Lohan? Really?unbelievable cause i actually really liked it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Videos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: