Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Changing to Gif?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Technical Vidding Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CigarettesYamaha
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 4:33 pm    Post subject: Changing to Gif? Reply with quote

this isnt really on vids. but it is WMM

i made a moving icon in WMM, because someone told me that where you can make them.

but i now have to change the file from a video file, to a gif, otherwise it wont upload as just an icon..

and i dont know how to change the file...

can anyone help me out?
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as I know, you need an animation program to make a moving icon 'cause WMM can't do GIFs. I use Animation Shop, which is part of Paintshop Pro. I know that Photoshop has some sort of animation counterpart as well.

However, I've seen those "vid-like" icons where they're moving very smoothly, not all herky-jerky (uh, that's a good technical term there... ) and I have no idea how they're made because they're waaaaay beyond my poor skills. But I DO know WMM pretty well and all it can do is save project files as MSWMM or render vids as WMV or AVI.

Sorry to not be more helpful...

~Aislynn
CigarettesYamaha
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no, not at all, that was really helpful...

ill have a play about and try and get them to work, and if they dont ill have a cry and move on..

thanks for ur help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Technical Vidding Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: