Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2x11 - "The Hunting Party" Episode Discussion
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lostcalier
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 12:29 am    Post subject: 2x11 - "The Hunting Party" Episode Discussion Reply with quote

Talk about tonight's episode. Beware spoilers from this point out!

First aired: 1/18/2006
Writer: Elizabeth Sarnoff, Christina M. Kim
Director: Stephen Williams
Guest star: Michelle Rodriguez (Ana Lucia), Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje (Mr. Eko) , John Terry (Dr. Christian Shephard), Julie Bowen (Sarah), Ronald Guttman (Angelo), M. C. Gainey (Mr. Friendly), Monica Dean (Gabriela)

Jack, Locke and Sawyer follow after a determined Michael after he heads into the jungle toward the dreaded "Others" in search of Walt. Meanwhile, Sun has a surprising reaction to Jin's desire to join the search party, and Hurley and Charlie commiserate over the age-old conundrum of "what women want."

LVI Revolutionizing Fan Video Making!
www.lostvideo.net
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES! THAT's what a good ep is! Right there!

You know you guys are perfectly free to start ep discussion without me or someone saying it, just so you all know. As long as the scenes have been aired, it's fair game. I've just noticed that I always seem to be the first one here otherwise.

Anyway...OMGAWESOME. Sure, no questions were answered, so there wasn't some big shipper moment, sure they're worse off than when they started, but by GOD Lost is finally going somewhere. I loved the intensity of this ep, and even that backstory wasn't annoying.; Not only that, but the best four characters on the show were central (well, the best well-known ones, discounting Mr. Eko) of Locke, Sawyer, Jack, and Kate to give us some scenes where everyone finally cared.

That last line.... I just had to writhe in extacy at THAT one

I hope someone caught what the bearded man said "Alex". And I hope you all realize the importance of that name or I will be very disappointed in you

You know, there may be a big rivalry between the Jack and Locke sides, but they were both right today. Locke was right, it was a stupid thing to do going charging in after Micheal, and Jack was right that they had no choice, because Micheal wasn't going to come back if they didn't (you don't even need 20/20 heinsight to agree with that one.)

"Took off you shoes before going in to another's home" Anyone else notice that Locke DID indeed take off his shoes before going further in the hatch?

Oh and hey, ground rules on the complaining about the eps thing: you can say your opinion on the ep in here, but save any discussion on it for the complainers thread lol. I've got a feeling I'm nopt the only one who gets more put off from the show by sifting through what's wrong with it, even though I do agree with you guys

If Lost has one of those, then I think this MAY be considered a "plot-moving episode" bout time!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you guys ready for the biggest shock of the night? I agree with Hobbes. That was actually a good episode in my opinion with very few exceptions. Let me get my bullet-point typing finger ready.

- Jack's flashback. I'm finally glad to see why he and his wife broke up. I was glad that he was honest about the kiss because I think it would have been out of character if he wasn't. Other than that I can't comment because I was simply mesmerized by how fan-frickin'-tastic he looked in his shirts the entire time. Oh. My. God. End drool session.

- I liked the Locke, Jack, and Sawyer dynamic.

- I was stoked that we got to meet the others a little more in depth. I have two questions though. Did that bullet bounce of of him? And two, does this mean they also "have" Michael? I found it interesting that they bargained with them to get them to go back to camp when it would have been just as easy (no easier) to kill them all. Kate included. They did not have to show themselves. I do feel that this indicates that they are indeed vulnerable as Jack had speculated. (Though obviously not as small in number as he thought.)

- Jack/Sawyer/Kate triangle stuff. It was there. I didn't hate it.

- Sawyer was back. Finally! He has been half-hearted Sawyer this entire season until this episode. Loved the "favorite leaf" line.

- Jin & Sun. I really liked this bit.

- Hurley's got a crush on Libby. It is totally cute and I hope he gets the girl. I really REALLY like Libby. Too bad she wasn't in the ep!

Now for the complaints (hey! They fit here!):

- Jack - "Let's do this together." Michael - "No, and you know why? Cause I'm a dumbass!" (Enough said.)

- Charlie... shut up Charlie!

- Kate. If she wanted to go she should have said, "Screw you, Jack. I'm coming anyway! You are not the boss of me!" Instead of going behind their backs. It would have saved everyone a lot of trouble. I have a feeling that they were trying to illustrate that Jack understands that she's more of a liability than she thinks she is, which I think isn't a bad lesson to learn, but at the same time, it doesn't jive with her backstory. That's all I'm saying.
Hollywood
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMFG! Jack is about to start some apocalyptic sh*t on the island.
First thing that came to mind > It's gonna be like the potentials against the First. LMAO!
I SO can't wait to see where the writers are going to take this. I'm SO excited!

Oh and Great episode!
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ISLAND REVIEW:

* Dude. Jin's hat? Awesome. Can he keep wearing that hat?
* I think I like Crazy!Michael. Please don't be "sick", Crazy!Michael. I think I like regular, no-nonsense Michael better, but Crazy!Michael's fun.
* Since when is "Jack, Locke, Sawyer, and oh yeah, Kate" = "everyone"? I think I'd be insulted.
* Boat!Dude? Creepy.
* ALEX!
* Why do the episode releases and summaries and spoilers keep making a big deal out of what ends up being one scene? "Jack is an interested observer when Kate gives Sawyer a haircut", "Hurley and Charlie commiserate over the age-old conundrum of "what women want."" Don't get me wrong, the Hurley Charlie scene was adorable and I'm thrilled that one of my crack!pairings now had a solid canon basis ("She's cute, in an I-got-terrorized-by-the-Others kinda way"), but it's annoying that they play it up as this big subplot and then...it's one scene.

BACKSTORY REVIEW:

* Sarah pregnant. Yup, saw that coming.
* Jack and Gabriella kissing. Yup, saw that coming.
* Jack failing to save another patient like he saved Sarah. Yup, saw that coming.
* Sarah leaving Jack. Yup, saw that coming. (Also, when she said "I'm leaving you," I cheered and said something like "You go, girl!")
* Sarah's seeing someone else. Nope, that one took me completely by surprise. (And my "You go, girl!" turned into "...Huh.")

Question. The power here cut out for about three minutes at the very end of the episode. What happened after Jack sat down to talk to Ana-Lucia? I gather he asked her about training an army.

EDITED because there's no "Jake" on this show.

sig by niki blue
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

- Hurley's got a crush on Libby. It is totally cute and I hope he gets the girl. I really REALLY like Libby. Too bad she wasn't in the ep!

Too bad he's gonna find out she was a shrink, and she'll find out he was a patient But on the bright side the "Get Hurley some Lovin'" petition is finally coming true.

Quote:

- Jack - "Let's do this together." Michael - "No, and you know why? Cause I'm a dumbass!" (Enough said.)

LOL so true. On the other hand, no more Micheal for a while! Wooooooot

Quote:
Did that bullet bounce of of him?

I'm gonna consult my expert at guns friend and find out if that shot is actually possible to make, which I'm guessing it wasn't. Maybe it was aimed to kill, or shoot his other shoulder, and it missed.

Quote:
I found it interesting that they bargained with them to get them to go back to camp when it would have been just as easy (no easier) to kill them all. Kate included. They did not have to show themselves. I do feel that this indicates that they are indeed vulnerable as Jack had speculated. (Though obviously not as small in number as he thought.)

Either that, or they didn't want to risk harming valuable specimens.... especially if "Ziek" is who I think he is... Mr. Degroot. Also, notice some simillarity in this speech? http://www.thehansofoundation.org/

Ah also, "I'm sorry" "Yeah, I'm sorry too.", Jack and Kate's final lines this ep, were identical to those in White Rabbit when Jack told Kate about his father dying. Irrelevant, but interesting...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
but it's annoying that they play it up as this big subplot and then...it's one scene.

I for one was happy about that fact

Quote:

Question. The power here cut out for about three minutes at the very end of the episode. What happened after Jack sat down to talk to Ana-Lucia? I gather he asked her about training an army.

He mentioned that he heard she was a cop. She said she was once off the island. then he asked her "How long do you think it will take to train an army?"
MovieGuy
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fantastic ep.

I think Jack is lactating, becuase in the scene where Kate apologized to him, it seems his... pecs... were wet.

LOL That Sarah being a teacher.

Umm... Warren, who's Alex??

Hooray for Hibby. Sorry Marcus, this is such a better ship than Hurlielle:lol:

Quote:
Did that bullet bounce of of him?

I think an "other" shot Sawyer before he could get to shoot.

Shocker ending. Can't wait to see what happens next.
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://emri.perception.net
Interesting

Quote:

Locke, SMITE HIM!

Quote:

LOL That Sarah being a teacher.

Yeah I caught that too, but forgot about it! That's cool.
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hobbes wrote:
Quote:

Locke, SMITE HIM!

Ooo, I love it when Locke smites people! Wait a minute, what am I doing here? It's 25 minutes until the ep airs here...

Aw, heck, I think it's about time I just admit that I love spoilers, huh?
marcus
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Hooray for Hibby. Sorry Marcus, this is such a better ship than Hurlielle.

No way. Hurley and Danielle are meant to be together, they're linked by the numbers. Hibby is just a bit of fun in the meantime. Trust me, they may not show it in the eps, but Hurley keeps sneaking out to go pash Danielle.

It's official - Aislynn is 36. Add a 0 to the end of that and you've got a full circle.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
MovieGuy
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol you wish.
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aislynn wrote:
Hobbes wrote:
Quote:

Locke, SMITE HIM!

Ooo, I love it when Locke smites people! Wait a minute, what am I doing here? It's 25 minutes until the ep airs here...

Aw, heck, I think it's about time I just admit that I love spoilers, huh?

If I had a way to ban you from entering this topic before the show airs and spoiling yourself so horribly, I would!
MovieGuy
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could just ban her until the episode airs in her area.
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MG! How dare you suggest such a think. (Psst! Do it Hobbes!)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Talk All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: