Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Black and white

View previous topic :: View next topic  
watisurproblem
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 3:56 pm    Post subject: Black and white Reply with quote

hey ive been talking to a few of my friends bout this, i have read no spoilers by the way. But theres a lot of stuff about black and white, the game that locke plays, lockes eyes change one black and one white in claires dream, theres loads more, post if you can think of any other black and white things, or if you just agree with whatever i just said.

watisurproblem
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's like they set it up to be a big theme, and then dropped it... unless you want to look at everythng under a microscope, then you can find symbolism for black and white. But it's not the actual colours very often though lol.
One thing that stands out to me is the final scenes of exodus, as everyone is boarding the plane. Jack and Locke look at each other and nod. While Jack is mostly dressed in Black and Locke in white. Symbolism to me that they're very different.

Still, not much to go with this anyway. So far I've yet to see any theory where it has something moreto do with the island than just plain symbolism
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
watisurproblem
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well if you look there are a lot of stuff that go with black and white. AND i also saw that there is a golden car that is in a lot of flashbacks, is this anything to do with it, or s it they just cant be bothered to get another car to do be extras with. The golden car:
.hit micheal
.hit locke when he was chasing his mum
.kate drove into it in her flashback

do you think the goldne car has anything to do with anything, or is it an extra that keeps being used?
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

could be coincidence. Might possibly be a storyline. I used to know the brand of car, but now i've forgotten
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
meandi
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well one thing is that they found those two stones that were black and white when they found Adam and Eve.
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

o ye the stones, forgot about them. Is there any other black and white refrences? or any refrences you have thought up, like the car or the black and white.
Hollywood
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm guessing that the colors do in fact have something to do with those two stones Jack found in the caves. I read something awhile back that a fan had asked J.J about those stones and he did say there was something about them but we're not gonna find out just yet, maybe in a few more seasons. Maybe they were used to settle a draw or something. Who knows?
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anything else you heard about other strange things on the episodes, like things people may have said or done?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Talk All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: