Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help! I need an mp4 to avi converter!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Technical Vidding Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pomegranny

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 5:43 am    Post subject: Help! I need an mp4 to avi converter! Reply with quote

Hey all you talented vidders, I have a problem:
I've spent 2 hours looking for a free (mac-compatible!) program that converts the videos I bought on iTunes (mp4) to avi so I can edit them in iMovie. I have all the season 2 ep.s plus the pilot part 1 on iTunes, and I really don't want to re-download in .avi format (since I have limited bandwidth right now and I don't want to waste space). This is driving me insane, esp. because I think I have a good idea for a video, and I'm afraid I'll lose interest if I don't try it soon. Does anyone know where to find converters? Thanks for any help
fallen_angel
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey pomegranny, welcome to LVI

i too have had conversion problems before, i just did a quick google search for ya and found these couple of links, good luck

http://www.videohelp.com/forum/archive/t232659.html

http://www.videohelp.com/tools?tool=MP4Cam2AVI

also this forum might be able to help

http://forums.3ivx.com/index.php?showtopic=83729
pomegranny

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the leads, fallen_angel. However, the program you suggested only works with windows. The method suggested on the board seemed easy enough, but again required me to download other little tools that only work with windows. I WILL figure this out...need sleep now, tho.

Update: Have spent day searching for solution, and seems many others have the same question. I downloaded ffmpegx, and tried to convert the video, and it worked as far as I can tell, but now the vids will not play in iTunes, QT, or iMovie. Downloaded quicktime pro, and it allows me to EDIT clips, but when I go to save the new clip, it won't allow it . I may just have to download again in avi...oh well.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Technical Vidding Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: