Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

teeth and weight
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
briantomzjr

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 8:01 pm    Post subject: teeth and weight Reply with quote

hi, have you noticed that all of the LOST cast have shiny white teeth when they all have spent 1 month on the island eating pork and that. proberbly they have spare tooth paste on the plane but that would of run out by now any way.and thir size of their bodys. for example kates (mmmmmmmmmm kates fit) body is all skinny and Hurley could of lost weight. did you see what i did their 'LOST weight' lol
please reply to this because i want to see your opions to this.
thank you,
Gareth Melling
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that if this were a movie, then we might expect more realism when it comes to their weight. But since this is a series and these actors will be portraying these characters for YEARS, it would be physically UNHEALTHY for most of the cast (especially Malcolm) to be required to lose/gain weight at a steady rate for their roles. It is just ethically and realistically something they would not be able to do or mantain.

Regarding the teeth, I think the writers may have addressed this a while back and that is that if these people were really on an island, they would have MANY more physical/hygeine problems then they portray on the show so it would be unproductive and not to mention boring to play the show like that so they pretty much bypass all of that stuff to get to the real meat of the story.

At least they don't look like they just walked out of the salon with beautiful unmessed hair and no dirt marks on their wardrobe, bodies and faces, etc. Even Shannon started to look shabby after a while. Sun is really the only one who NEVER looks like she is living on an island and I think they do this purposely for characterization.

Anyway a side note, this is actually in the wrong section. It should be in the show (spoiler free) section.

Welcome to the forums!
MoreLight
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting thought about the teeth. I agree with SuperKC about the placement of this post too BTW.

I would estimate that amongst the baggage they recovered in the Pilot episodes there was perhaps 15 pieces of checked luggage probably more. Now, if you are like a majority of fliers you'd keep your toiletry kit in this checked bag. This works out to approximately 10 on the low side to 30 tubes of toothpaste which would invariably end up in the Sawyer Dept. Store plus as you say the airline may have even had some onboard. With 47, 46, 45..er um what are we up to now 44 that makes 1 tube per 4 people. Factor in the supplies in the hatch...

And if you have read this far and believe I am going to calculate how much actual toothpaste they have used then the joke is on you!

My lost music vids
briantomzjr

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the reply that you gave me was a long one but i do agree now. but feeding 47 odd people from a plane crash would not be full of tooth paste. maybe the wart hogs took them.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh my god! I think Briantom just called me long-winded! Seize him!

Actually Briantom, if you think I'M long winded, just wait until you meet Aislynn. She totally beats me in long-winded-ness.
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SuperKC wrote:
Actually Briantom, if you think I'M long winded, just wait until you meet Aislynn. She totally beats me in long-winded-ness.

Hey, woo-hoo! I'm like practically famous!

I'm also apparently blind 'cause I didn't see this until just now. Oh well. Carry on.

~Aislynn
briantomzjr

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, ok, calm down your not famous.
briantomzjr
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*thump* Briantom, leave Aislynn alone. She has a fanfic written about her! How many people write fanfic about YOU? Hmm?

*gives Aislynn a cookie* There, there, Ais.
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*accepts cookie*

Thank you, KC.

*munches on cookie*

Mmm, cookie GOOD!

*feels loved*

~Aislynn
fallen_angel
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, that was uncalled for briantomzjr
ebizmybef74
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah that was unnecessary.

Banner: Shinythings
MovieGuy
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

briantomzjr seems a little mean.
ebizmybef74
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It makes me mad that we get people like briantomzjr over here at LVI! This is supposed to be a nice forum with a welcoming community. It really burns my butt ( ) when people are so rude to others who like to make light of things....GAHHHH!!! Out of all the forums I have regurlarly visited, I most relied on LVI for the best people. It stands out in my mind as the nicest members and then we get people like briantomzjr who had NO right whatsoever to insult someone who was making a little joke. We are all humans and we all have feelings and I don't know why some people think it's okay to go about spitting out mean comments left and right to people (like Aislynn) who don't deserve it. And I mean it's AISLYNN!! She never hurt a fly or was rude to anybody on this forum. She is always welcoming to new people and one of the nicest people you could talk to on a forum like this. Nobody said anything offensive to him when briantomzjr posted this topic so I don't see how he could feel that he has the right to treat anybody like that. Boy this guy has a LOT to learn.

*steps off soap box*

I hope I made my point.

Banner: Shinythings
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*shares cookie with Liz*

Thanks for that, hun! You do the soap box thing very well, IMO!

*hands out mugs of hot chocolate to everybody*

Now, just so there's no misunderstanding... Yes, I was joking when I said that I was famous. We're pretty informal here and we kid around a lot. But for the most part, it's best to stick to basic rules of courtesy, especially when you're new to a board. That includes not telling somebody who took the time to seriously answer your question that their reply was too long. Better a long reply than none at all, I'd think.

Then, when you know people better, you can tease about things like them being long-winded, like KC did me.

So, shall we just chalk it up to a bit of a miscommunication and forget about it?

*gives everybody mini-marshmallows for their hot chocolate*

~Aislynn
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

huh? what happened...?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Talk All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: